Trident C60 where would it stand?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: Trident C60 where would it stand?

Post by 0uatiOW »

^ Very true - it’s been very noticeable that the volume of complaints about CW Customer Service has exploded in the last 6-12 months; before that we were all talking about how fantastic it was. Not just good, but great. I can speak from personal experience here.

I just got word that Tudor will refurb my case (whatever that means - I’m a little worried they’ll polish out the scratches, and at least 1 of them was fingernail deep) and it will be another 2-3 weeks, which will take a warranty repair for a jumping date wheel to almost 4 months. Needless to say, it’s put me off buying another Tudor. Regardless of the overall percentage of issues, if that one case is yours, it’s a challenge to recover confidence in the brand, and I can easily see that applying to new CW customers.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Ringwood

Post by Ringwood »

Thank you to all of you who have attempted to answer my questions (for those few only interested in picking a fight or point scoring why bother?)

Has any of this helped me make a decision? Sort of I had decided to visit the CW showroom at Maidenhead and take a look for myself but then, unexpectedly and quite by chance I was able to find an old 1980's Omega Seamaster Professional automatic 200m (the type with that can only be worn with a bracelet and predated the Bond style 300m) for about the same as a CW Trident in the summer sale so I went with that instead.

I'm still very interested in the CW Trident and hope to get one sometime in the future
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Ringwood wrote:Thank you to all of you who have attempted to answer my questions (for those few only interested in picking a fight or point scoring why bother?)

Has any of this helped me make a decision? Sort of I had decided to visit the CW showroom at Maidenhead and take a look for myself but then, unexpectedly and quite by chance I was able to find an old 1980's Omega Seamaster Professional automatic 200m (the type with that can only be worn with a bracelet and predated the Bond style 300m) for about the same as a CW Trident in the summer sale so I went with that instead.

I'm still very interested in the CW Trident and hope to get one sometime in the future
Top notch. :clap:

Sounds like a superb acquisition and eminent partner for your 1980 sub.

A picture of the pair will be quite a sight to behold. Look forward to seeing it. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JanneJ

Re: Trident C60 where would it stand

Post by JanneJ »

Ringwood wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:41 pm Omega Seamaster Pro
Longines Hydroconquest
Tag Heuer Aqua Racer
Davosa Ternos
Certina DS Action Diver
Tissot SeaStar 1000
Steinhart Ocean One
Squale Squalematic 60ATM
As discussed the Omega is in a different price and category. I’m not familiar with Davosa and I haven’t seen or tried the Tissot. Others I’ve tried or owned (Steinart, Squale, Certina). I think the best comps are Steinhart and Squale as they are also great value for money semi micro brands. I feel Certina entered this category seriously with the DS 200 ph. The Longines and Tag are more or less par in terms of quality but more expensive thanks to long history and good brand. Oris would fit this latter category too in my opinion.

I think Trident matches the quality of Squale and Steinart, but has more own original designs. In terms of pricing I prefer both Squale and Steinhart as they are somewhat cheaper but never discount. CW has high nominal prices but does a lot of discounting which I feel is bad for the brand image and after market prices.
Mani
CW-watches: 6

Post by Mani »

I have two Tridents, a Omego PO, and a Rolex Submariner. Arguably, I would say the Omega presents the best value for money (not including resale), given the quality and level of innovation. I personally think Omega is currently offering some very high quality and well engineered watches for the price. But obviously that price is higher than a CW...
5 CWs, 1 Panerai, 2 Omega, 1 Rolex, 1 Tag, 1 Ball, 1 Zenith, 1 Tudor, 1 GS
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

Ringwood wrote:Thank you to all of you who have attempted to answer my questions (for those few only interested in picking a fight or point scoring why bother?)

Congratulations on the 200, really fancy 1 and have been busy scouring various sites. Would love to see a pic

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:OK; let me chip in with my, vaguely succinct, view.

First off, taking @Ringwood's original list of;-

Omega Seamaster Pro
Longines Hydroconquest
Tag Heuer Aqua Racer
Davosa Ternos
Certina DS Action Diver
Tissot SeaStar 1000
Steinhart Ocean One
Squale Squalematic 60ATM

. . . and rather than having the watches in a precise pecking order, let me separate them into some groups / categories by quality (just my own opinion naturally).

From the discussions so far it is clear that the Omega will go in the Top Notch category. Its then hard to separate the Longines and Tag as they are good solid watches from long established brands. The Squale (a better watch than I believe the OP perceives), Tissot and Certina are decent enough with the Davosa and Stenhart being OK (other 'Sub' lookalikes of similar quality are available for less). Thus the list will look like;-

Top notch
Omega Seamaster Pro

Pretty damn good
Longines Hydroconquest
Tag Heuer Aqua Racer

Decent enough
Squale Squalematic 60ATM
Certina DS Action Diver
Tissot SeaStar 1000

OK
Steinhart Ocean One
Davosa Ternos

Now, taking the original question, where would I put the C60 Trident?

Well, here I'm going to complicate matters somewhat and say which Trident? Not by specific model but by Mark. Much as this may sound that I'm complicating matters it is really straight forward, as CW up progressively upped their game since releasing the MkI C60 Trident ten years ago in September 2009.

Top notch
Omega Seamaster Pro
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3

Pretty damn good
Longines Hydroconquest
Tag Heuer Aqua Racer
C60 Trident Pro 600 MkII

Decent enough
Squale Squalematic 60ATM
Certina DS Action Diver
Tissot SeaStar 1000
C60 Trident Pro MkI

OK
Steinhart Ocean One
Davosa Ternos

Simples :eek:

Guy

PS> On the subject of CW releasing the first C60 Trident ten years ago, come September, this begs the question of will they mark this anniversary with the release of a special / limited edition or two (given that we know the C60 Apex is on its way)?
Good ranking. Also remember everyone that the Omega is about 5x more money than the CW Trident Mk3. I'd expect it to be nicer as well.

Also, the Trident has a bunch of little things that competition does not, like a unique ratcheting clasp that ISN'T just a rebranded STRAPCODE clasp (cough Steinhart) and trh 5 year warranty and 60 day return policy.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk