What happened to CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
meinberg
CW-watches: 2

Re: What happened to CW?

Post by meinberg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:32 am

theaaronp wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:45 pm

One side had my address on it, this was on the other side.

Absolutely zero reason why it should be stuck on the outside of an envelope. It should have been placed inside.
Absolutely, dispatch notes do not have pricing information on so I assume it was a copy of the invoice?

I agree that it is not a major data breech but it is yet another thing that diminishes the image of CW's operation to you.
Oris, CW, Tag and a few others.

codeture
Senior
Senior

Post by codeture » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:52 am

Looking at the poor financial conditions, do you think they will survive?

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:40 am

codeture wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:52 am
Looking at the poor financial conditions, do you think they will survive?
One can only venture an opinion here since the founders (currently, absent external capital) have to privately fund the losses, but yes I think they will survive.

The balance sheet reduced from 2017-18, but they continued to lose money at about the same rate and are paying down the long term debt. Just maybe the new products will allow them to reach profitability. I have not gone back through the financial statements previous to 2017 but absorbing SH would not have been a low cost exercise needing time to work through which the founders obviously foresaw.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

meinberg

Post by meinberg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:01 am

The company is solvent (as of December 2018) has a good product (most of the time) and has a track record for innovation. We can all surmise why QC and CS have taken a dive, it is up to the three amigos to fix it before the company's reputation is beyond repair, worth remembering the staff who must turn up every day and face a potential barrage of angry customers.

How a small business like CW juggles the Brexit debacle must be a brain spinner though. :crazy:

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 am

meinberg wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:01 am

worth remembering the staff who must turn up every day and face a potential barrage of angry customers.
Why should that be, as it’s the staff who are the problem!!
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles

Martin
Senior
Senior

Post by Martin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:26 am

TheBeatles wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 am
meinberg wrote:

worth remembering the staff who must turn up every day and face a potential barrage of angry customers.
A rather harsh and perhaps ignorant comment.
Remember: all you need is love. (and a much improved service and repair set up staffed by sufficiently well trained and supported staff.)

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 27
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:32 am

TheBeatles wrote:
meinberg wrote:

It's a problem because it is 'Customer Service' staff who are in the front line for dealing with customers, with the 'problems' likely being created in other departments i.e. Service, quality control, dispatch etc.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C2 FLE |C4 |C5A MkI |C5 BOB |C6 |C7 MkI 47AD |C7 MkII Harrier |C7 Auto Chrono |C70 x2
C8 MkI |C8 Reg MkII |C8 M2.04 |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C60 FLE x2 |C60 SH21 x2
C60 Chrono P'type |C60 Elite 1000 |C65 Khaki |C600 x2 |C1000 |C4&W7 BBMF

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:02 am

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:32 am
TheBeatles wrote:
meinberg wrote:

It's a problem because it is 'Customer Service' staff who are in the front line for dealing with customers, with the 'problems' likely being created in other departments i.e. Service, quality control, dispatch etc.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it the Customer Service staff who gave a member on here the runaround in numerous emails.

I have no axe to grind as I’ve had no problems personally, but I think there are probably company wide staffing issues over quality of service.

That is why I said the staff are the problem. From the departments Guy mentioned through to their IT staff and front line staff.

So fail to see how I’m ignorant, but thanks for the personal attack in post below.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

meinberg

Post by meinberg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:24 am

TheBeatles wrote:
meinberg wrote:

Ever been in a position at work were you had to deal with a problem, not of your making and you are not in a position to deal with it the way you think it should be dealt with? My point was that just because you pick up the phone or answer an email doesn't necessarily mean you have the authority to deal with it.

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:37 am

meinberg wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:24 am
TheBeatles wrote:
meinberg wrote:

Ever been in a position at work were you had to deal with a problem, not of your making and you are not in a position to deal with it the way you think it should be dealt with? My point was that just because you pick up the phone or answer an email doesn't necessarily mean you have the authority to deal with it.
Yes, I have. But I have never made the situation worse by obfuscating and generally not dealing with the problem.

Please read my reply to Guy’s post. There seems to be a general malaise in the company and if you have sympathy for the front line staff, then good for you. But on numerous occasions they have made things worse.

I think your point may be well intentioned, but doesn’t acknowledge the problems many many people are having at the moment.

meinberg

Post by meinberg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:37 pm

TheBeatles wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:37 am
meinberg wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:24 am
TheBeatles wrote:

Yes, I have. But I have never made the situation worse by obfuscating and generally not dealing with the problem.

Please read my reply to Guy’s post. There seems to be a general malaise in the company and if you have sympathy for the front line staff, then good for you. But on numerous occasions they have made things worse.

I think your point may be well intentioned, but doesn’t acknowledge the problems many many people are having at the moment.

Front line staff cannot remedy a situation if they are not able or empowered to do so, that is were management and in this case the three amigos need to step up, problems within a company start at the top and finish at the bottom, not the other way round.

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:44 pm

meinberg wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:37 pm
Front line staff cannot remedy a situation if they are not able or empowered to do so.
If they cannot, fair enough, but then why make a bad experience WORSE, as has been proved on numerous occasions. Please read posts carefully before you comment. Unless, of course, you are the Front Line staff union representative.

meinberg

Post by meinberg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:27 pm

TheBeatles wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:44 pm
meinberg wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:37 pm
Front line staff cannot remedy a situation if they are not able or empowered to do so.
If they cannot, fair enough, but then why make a bad experience WORSE, as has been proved on numerous occasions. Please read posts carefully before you comment. Unless, of course, you are the Front Line staff union representative.
Hmm, two points, if the front line staff are not empowered how can they change the experience for good or bad, secondly check my post history before you comment, I'm not making excuses for CW, just pointing out that the person of first contact might be just as frustrated as the customer.

What would you suggest CW do to fix the problems that are so evident?

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:33 pm

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I give up, you win. Customer Service never make things worse as they not empowered and can therefore not change the experience for good or bad.

A1soknownas

Post by A1soknownas » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:15 pm

Front line staff cannot remedy a situation if they are not able or empowered to do so, that is were management and in this case the three amigos need to step up, problems within a company start at the top and finish at the bottom, not the other way round.
[/quote]

Exactly right. The issue I had recently with a suspect Trident C60 Mk3 was not the fault of the front line customer service who were responding late in to the evening over the weekend.

The problem was that a technician deemed it to be within tolerance. That someone above them set that tolerance and that someone above them set out to produce a watch attempting to achieve sales numbers without the supporting infrastructure in place to achieve it, potentially sacrificing quality of product and their reputation as a company. A front line representative did not cause the issue I experienced, nor could they fix it.

Of course, at times an ill considered response from CS can further frustrate but I suspect they are working with their hands tied behind their back (not literally...) and we should really direct our concerns to those who deserve it.

For example within this thread the original poster refers to a CS 'lie' regarding the specified delay in posting during sales period and posted a screenshot after the sale has ended to show it wasn't there. I looked during the sale and it was. It is easy to have a go at them when you are frustrated but if you do you, although it possibly should not matter, I expect that the level of CS you receive will reciprocate the level of respect that you show them.