Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: What happened to CW?

Post by Thermexman »

^^^the scenery's better?
The hills are alive? Ok, so that's Austria...
Steve.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Thermexman wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:30 pm ^^^the scenery's better?
:lol:

The chocolate? Skiing?

Unless "Meinberg" thinks Switzerland is in the Eurozone? :lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
meinberg
Senior
Senior

Post by meinberg »

Essex Paul wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:48 pm
If Brexit goes through it will be more in the eurozone than the UK, and that's ignoring geography.

Edit: and the Skiing is better :lol:
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Shush now! [-X
Steve.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

meinberg wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:06 pm
If Brexit goes through it will be more in the eurozone than the UK, and that's ignoring geography.

How's that? They may have a trade deal with Europe but we will too. Other than that..... anyhow hope they don't as it already takes me 1.5hrs on the train to get to CW Towers! :lol:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
meinberg
Senior
Senior

Post by meinberg »

Essex Paul wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:15 pm

How's that? They may have a trade deal with Europe but we will too. Other than that..... anyhow hope they don't as it already takes me 1.5hrs on the train to get to CW Towers! :lol:
Being the EU's 3rd largest trading partner, thats how. But I hope it doesn't come to that, for your train ride and my exchange rate :)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

meinberg wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:03 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Being the EU's 3rd largest trading partner, thats how. But I hope it doesn't come to that, for your train ride and my exchange rate :)
Think you’ll find we’ll push in-front of Switzerland on that front. That’s if our government can negotiate better then they have on Brexit mind you.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
theaaronp
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by theaaronp »

I do find it all a little odd about peoples approach to business nowadays.

This thread isn't the first example of where I've heard people telling others that they shouldn't expect better from the people they give money to.

Why should people not expect good communication from a company that has willingly taken their money? Why is it unreasonable to expect good communication from a company that sells products into the thousands?

I guess people nowadays 'settle', people seem to think it's acceptable for businesses to be sub par.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

theaaronp wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:57 pm
This thread isn't the first example of where I've heard people telling others that they shouldn't expect better from the people they give money to.

I guess people nowadays 'settle', people seem to think it's acceptable for businesses to be sub par.
I think you’re confusing this with some other thread? None of the above are mentioned here! :shock:
Steve.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

Thermexman wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:30 pm ^^^the scenery's better?
:lol:

The chocolate? Skiing?

Switzerland is in the Single Market, which allows free movement of goods between it and the EU, so if the EU is a more important market than the UK, then there is trade upside to moving there. Lower corporation tax and VAT rates too.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

I was in at #1 today and, yet again, the service couldn’t have been better.

The annual sale has obviously taken its toll on orders and comms with people working shifts into the night to handle demand.

There was even a, very orderly, queue of people to get in today as well but we were met with a smile and excellent service.

We all wait with great expectation for these sales and then moan when the flood of demand slows the systems down 😂

With sale now over and things calming down I’d think we can expect service to get back to the, generally, efficient levels we’ve experienced in the past.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

theaaronp wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:21 pm Now, I ordered a bunch of stuff on Sunday evening, it's now Wednesday evening and I haven't had any communication, any dispatch emails, no tracking information, no indication that dispatch will take several working days.

Is this normal nowadays?
Just returning to your opening thread. I can only answer your question from my own personal experience: I’ve placed 5 separate orders (UK delivery) within the last 12 months, not paying any extra for express delivery. Each of these orders arrived approximately 1 week following placing the order. For each order I received two emails, one to acknowledge my order, and a second to confirm dispatch, providing tracking information.

Out of interest, I just checked their website, viewing their estimates of processing and delivery times. It says to allow 2 working days for dispatch, and 3 working days for delivery on top of that. So if I ordered on Sunday, I would expect them to pick up the order Monday, dispatch by Wednesday, then receive the order within three further working days, ie by the following Monday (8 days in total).

So, in summary, for me, they have delivered within their stated time frames, which met my expectations.
Regards
Craig
theaaronp
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by theaaronp »

I have just spoke to CW customer services.

They stated that at the checkout there is a message stating a dispatch delay, and that orders will be dispatched within 3-5 days.

I stated this was not visible at all, and I was told that I was wrong because other customers can see it.

Here is a photo of the checkout screen:
screencapture-christopherward-co-uk-paypal-express-review-2019-07-19-09_20_37.png
There is no such warning or disclaimer.

I'd much rather customer services say 'hey, we **** up, things are super busy but we're working on it' rather than trying to fall back on a lie that I missed a disclaimer on their website saying my order will be delayed.

I've never had such sub-par customer services from a brand that claims itself to be premium.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

0uatiOW wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:39 pm
Switzerland is in the Single Market, which allows free movement of goods between it and the EU, so if the EU is a more important market than the UK, then there is trade upside to moving there. Lower corporation tax and VAT rates too.
It's complicated. Switzerland has agreements that allow partial access to the Single Market. VAT rates are much lower than the EU minimum (15%) so no customs union = no "free" movement of goods and services.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

H0rati0 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:30 am
0uatiOW wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:39 pm
It's complicated. Switzerland has agreements that allow partial access to the Single Market. VAT rates are much lower than the EU minimum (15%) so no customs union = no "free" movement of goods and services.
Thanks, didn’t know that. Does that mean we in other EU countries (currently...), have to pay VAT when importing from Switzerland?

Switzerland is a Schengen country, so I can walk in and out from France or Germany without any border control, so does that mean technically speaking, I should be declaring anything I’ve bought in Switzerland when I return?
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot