how fast/slow is your trident MK3 running?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

how fast/slow is your trident MK3 running?

Post by ScofieldReturns »

My GMT version is running +/- 5 which is very good. However, I just got in a regular version and it is running +15 which is a bit too high for my taste, despite being within the regulations. Gonna try a few different positions over the next few days to try to cut it down to single digits.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: how fast/slow is your trident MK3 running?

Post by A1soknownas »

The last time I measured my regular MK3 was +11.30 seconds per day. Whilst wearing it is near perfect but when left overnight it gains the time whether laid static or in a (low cost) winder. I'll also try to leave it in various positions to see if it can perform better.
dyhan
CW-watches: 1

Post by dyhan »

My watch is the C60 Trident Pro 600. It starts at 9 am on Monday and ends at 11 pm on Thursday. It is 40 seconds faster. I tried to put it in a different direction, but I can't slow down. I am satisfied with the accuracy.Unfortunately, he is 38mm, I am preparing to change 40mm.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Mine runs about 8 - 9 seconds a day fast when worn continuously. I’ve never experimented with putting watches overnight in different positions, just tend to wear them and see how they run.

I also usually only check the accuracy for the first few weeks and then forget about timekeeping.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
tomc1944
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by tomc1944 »

Mine is running +2.1 s/day worn 12 hours a day and resting crown up at night.
C60 Trident GMT MKIII, C60 Trident MKII, C65 Vintage Diver, Oris Williams Chronograph, Oris Big Crown Bronze Brown Dial, Tudor 1926 white 41MM.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Mine averages about +3sec a day.

When I wear it I usually put it on at about 06:00 and then wear it through the day until about 21:00. I like to be watch-free for a while before hitting the hay... during that time it usually runs to about +4sec for an average day at the office.

I have found though that leaving it off the wrist in different orientations does affect it’s timekeeping. If I leave it dial up it runs faster (+3sec a day) compared to leaving it crown up (-2sec to -3sec a day). Thanks to this variation I am in the habit of leaving it crown up overnight so that its overnight loss of 1-2sec cancels out some of the daytime gain.

I do check its positional variation on my TimeGrapher every couple of weeks and sometimes vary it’s overnight position accordingly. I rarely let any of my watches show more than 30sec ahead or behind true time but I’ve never had to adjust my MK3 other than adjusting it when month days miss the 30/31 settings.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

In average, mine is running +0.7s/day, having worn for 22 hours, only put off for 2 hours shower time. Most of the resting time, I leave it with the dial up. Never tried different position, while I am aware of different positions will affect the time keeping.
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

i stored mine on its side, crown up and got it down to 10 sec/day....still not great. will give it a few more days, but looking like i might return it. are watches more accurate when worn?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

ScofieldReturns wrote:i stored mine on its side, crown up and got it down to 10 sec/day....still not great. will give it a few more days, but looking like i might return it. are watches more accurate when worn?
You could send it to CW and ask if they will be kind enough to regulate it for you, to see if they can improve the timekeeping.

However, there is no specific fault with the watch as the timekeeping is within their published parameters and, as you have clearly worn it you will be ineligible for a full refund under the 60/60 guarantee.

As to being more accurate when worn, yes, watches do tend to settle down to a more consistent level of timekeeping when worn.

As to what to do overnight, I simply put the watch back in a watch box, dial up and canted forward by about 30 degrees.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:59 am
ScofieldReturns wrote:i stored mine on its side, crown up and got it down to 10 sec/day....still not great. will give it a few more days, but looking like i might return it. are watches more accurate when worn?
You could send it to CW and ask if they will be kind enough to regulate it for you, to see if they can improve the timekeeping.

However, there is no specific fault with the watch as the timekeeping is within their published parameters and, as you have clearly worn it you will be ineligible for a full refund under the 60/60 guarantee.

As to being more accurate when worn, yes, watches do tend to settle down to a more consistent level of timekeeping when worn.

As to what to do overnight, I simply put the watch back in a watch box, dial up and canted forward by about 30 degrees.

Guy

I haven't worn it, just set the time and wound it up...pretty sure that doesn't count as wear according to CW
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

ScofieldReturns wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:59 am

Guy

I haven't worn it, just set the time and wound it up...pretty sure that doesn't count as wear according to CW
In which case you should be OK for a return (apologies, from my reading of your posts I'd got the impression you had been wearing it).

However, I can't but help feel this is a bit of a kneejerk reaction.

Worth trying to get it regulated surely.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:35 pm
ScofieldReturns wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:59 am You could send it to CW and ask if they will be kind enough to regulate it for you, to see if they can improve the timekeeping.

Guy

In which case you should be OK for a return (apologies, from my reading of your posts I'd got the impression you had been wearing it).

However, I can't but help feel this is a bit of a kneejerk reaction.

Worth trying to get it regulated surely.

Guy

I'm just spoiled by how good my GMT version runs lol. 2.5 days and only 8 sec slow...

i know that if i have a super accurate one and one that's significantly less accurate i'll just end up wearing the more accurate one more
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

My 40mm Mk3 gains between 2 and 4 seconds per day. My other three Mk2 tridents are about the same.
Interestingly my 38mm Mk2 initially gained more than this but after a bit of running time, its accuracy improved and settled down to no more than +4 secs per day.
I was very interested to learn (from your contributions) that these mechanical watches can run at different speeds depending upon their resting position if stored. Thank you for that information :thumbup:
Regards
Craig