Disappointed with CW Quality - C60 Pro MK3 40mm

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Torrespain

Disappointed with CW Quality - C60 Pro MK3 40mm

Post by Torrespain » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:26 am

Hi everyone,

I little over a month ago I purchased a CW C60 Pro MK3 40mm and yesterday the 3 hour marker fell without any reason and is loosen within the dial. The watch has been treated with great care and I've been wearing daily in an office, so it has received zero abuse.

This is by far the most expensive watch that I own (also my first "Swiss" watch) and I purchased it to celebrate an special moment hoping it to be my daily drive for many years, so you can imagine how disappointed I am. I own many cheaper ones and I have never experienced anything like this on any of them.

Having considered other brands I decided to go for CW thinking this brand offered better quality and service for the price, but it looks like none of them are true.

I have been following the forum since I purchased it and I've seen constant complains about CWs customer service so now I am terrified with the return process. Of course since the watch is only a month old I would like to return the watch for a refund, but I assume CW wont accept that as the watch has been used and it will have to be repaired.

I will keep you updated.
Attachments
IMG_20190630_171535__01.jpg
IMG_20190630_171507__01.jpg

Essex Paul
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Disappointed with CW Quality - C60 Pro MK3 40mm

Post by Essex Paul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:23 am

Hi,
Sorry for your woes. It’s a shame, the 40 mm C60 looks good too.
If you get a good one then it’s value for money.
But, insist on your money back. Don’t get it repaired, you’ll wait months. Think you can insist on a refund as it”s internet sales (was a post on here about it).
The QC and CS are truly shocking at the moment. That’s why I’m holding back. Saying that I may take a punt and hope for a good watch. If I don’t I’ll be demanding a refund too.
If you really like the watch get your refund then purchase one again.
Hope you get a result. Keep us informed. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:49 am

If you are within 30 days from date of receiving you can reject the goods as unfit for purpose. If not it is up to CW to repair or replace. If that is unsatisfactory (insist on replacement) you then have the right to a full refund, but you have to give the supplier an opportunity to rectify. Look up the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - I assume you are in the UK, but even if you are overseas your contract is with a UK company.

I hope things work out well, but do give CW a chance, this is a bad patch which I believe they will put right.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

0uatiOW
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:16 am

Seems pretty clear cut, so I’d be surprised if CW doesn’t refund or replace without question. Notwithstanding the recent reports, they’ve processed my returns in the past with grace and no resistance at all.

Give CW a chance to make good first, but if they do push back, and you’re in the UK and you paid using a credit card, you’re covered under the consumer credit act, so you can have your credit card company sort if out for you.

Edit: your forum name suggested you aren’t in the UK, but I think the CCA covers UK credit cards, so even if you are in Spain, as many UK ex-pats are, and you have used a UK credit card, you’re covered.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.

meinberg
CW-watches: 2

Post by meinberg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:29 am

Very disappointing for you, clearly a manufacturing fault so I would go for a replacement or refund. Personally I would not tolerate a repair on a watch that is almost brand new, I would just be waiting for the next fault which would spoil my enjoyment of what is a fine watch.
Oris, CW, Tag and a few others.

nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by nauf » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi.
Sorry to hear this. But trust me, it may happen to any watches of any brands. IMO you have two options:
1. Return for full refund
2. Return for replacement

Before you do that, you email to Scott and attach the pic showing faulty hour marker. Express your dissatisfaction politely (I prefer to use sandwich method: praise, complain, praise). Then finally you request them to forward the return form to you (if you’re base outside UK). Fill up the form (I prefer Adobe to do the job), tick either return or replace and pack the watch with all papers AND invoice AND return form in the original box packaging. Send via tracking service (the watch will be kept in custom for two weeks). Once done, email again to Scott by REPLYING his latest reply to you. Inform him that you have sent back the watch. Include the tracking link AND the softcopy of the shipping receipt.

Torrespain

Post by Torrespain » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Thank you all for your responses and support.

As you suggested I'll try to contact Scott and explain my concerns. The watch arrived one and a half, hopefully he can help me out and I can return it for a refund.

I live in the US, I'm not sure if that would affect the return process, hopefully not.

Thank you again!