When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
User avatar
Essex Paul
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by Essex Paul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:03 am

Catching a train last night. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 20205
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 27
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:45 am

Most mornings when walking my dog.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C2 FLE |C4 |C5A MkI |C5 BOB |C6 |C7 MkI 47AD |C7 MkII Harrier |C7 Auto Chrono |C70 DBR1
C8 MkI |C8 Reg MkII |C8 M2.04 |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C11Mak Ext
C60 FLE x2 |C60 SH21 x2 |C60 Chrono P'type |C60 Elite 1000 |C65 Khaki |C600 x2 |C1000 |C4&W7 BBMF

2otto2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:02 am

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by 2otto2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:52 am

on a chronograph: about 35 years ago, then got rid of all chronographs because I never used them (and so there was no need for their cluttered design)
bezel: this morning for making tea

User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 11703
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by smegwina » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:06 am

2otto2 wrote:on a chronograph: about 35 years ago, then got rid of all chronographs because I never used them (and so there was no need for their cluttered design)
bezel: this morning for making tea
Outside of the conversation above, I probably use the bezel more than the chrono.

Bezels are bloody useful things.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk


User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 19826
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 8
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:11 am

@Smegwina

VFR, IFR, ETA, VRP, ATC...yep I know what all those mean.

I use mine for TSP, STE, GTD, HBE and SBE mainly.

BTW, WTF is a UFC?
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 11703
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by smegwina » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:48 pm

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:@Smegwina

VFR, IFR, ETA, VRP, ATC...yep I know what all those mean.

I use mine for TSP, STE, GTD, HBE and SBE mainly.

BTW, WTF is a UFC?
Just burst out laughing in the middle of a meeting Steve.

UFC is the Ultimate Fighting Championship!

Probably right up your alley.

Imagine a restaurant in Norwich that served an English mustard that wasn't Colmans and you will see a similar result.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk


User avatar
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7634
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: UK

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by nbg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:19 pm

smegwina wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:48 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:@Smegwina

VFR, IFR, ETA, VRP, ATC...yep I know what all those mean.

I use mine for TSP, STE, GTD, HBE and SBE mainly.

BTW, WTF is a UFC?
Just burst out laughing in the middle of a meeting Steve.

UFC is the Ultimate Fighting Championship!

Probably right up your alley.

Imagine a restaurant in Norwich that served an English mustard that wasn't Colmans and you will see a similar result.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Is UFC that cage fighting stuff, where they can use their hands, feet, elbows and head as weapons? :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 11703
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by smegwina » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:30 pm

nbg wrote:
smegwina wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:48 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:@Smegwina

VFR, IFR, ETA, VRP, ATC...yep I know what all those mean.

I use mine for TSP, STE, GTD, HBE and SBE mainly.

BTW, WTF is a UFC?
Just burst out laughing in the middle of a meeting Steve.

UFC is the Ultimate Fighting Championship!

Probably right up your alley.

Imagine a restaurant in Norwich that served an English mustard that wasn't Colmans and you will see a similar result.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Is UFC that cage fighting stuff, where they can use their hands, feet, elbows and head as weapons? :)

Neil
It is indeed! Very therapeutic to watch!! Image

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk


User avatar
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 33366
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 19
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by MiniMpi » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:41 am

To be truthful, I never use the chrono functions on my 4 Chronographs.
C9 AM GT LE #001/135, C60 Ombré #001/300, C7 Proto, C11 Elite, C7 Bluebird, C70 Ascari, C7 COSC LE, C65 MK1 LE, C60 316L, C9-JH-MK3, C9-40-5DA, C600-IPB, C8-KVKT-MK2, C60 GMT, C60 SKRS, C60-TI-V2, C8 UTC, C8 Flyer MK2, C65 Trident Diver, Rolex 912 Tank.

Danbailey007
Senior
Senior
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by Danbailey007 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:06 am

I have a couple of chronographs which hardly get worn so the chrono function isn't used either. Don't really use the bezels on my divers either!
Dan

CW C65 TVB & C60 Trident Bronze | Citizen Eco-Drive | multiple Fossil | Elliot Brown Canford (Mountain Rescue SE)

User avatar
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7634
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: UK

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by nbg » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:41 am

Whilst I do use the chronograph function on a watch I don’t get why anyone would use a dive bezel for timing above the water.

I get why they are used under the water, however do folk really get confused and disoriented on dry land? :)

Oh look l have just parked my car for an hour, it’s now 9:40am. Let me set the twisty dive bezel to remind me when the parking is due to run out! I take the simpler view of its 9:40am, I need to be back by 10:40am and just, well remember it! :lol:

YMMV. :D

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 11703
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by smegwina » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:14 am

nbg wrote:Whilst I do use the chronograph function on a watch I don’t get why anyone would use a dive bezel for timing above the water.

I get why they are used under the water, however do folk really get confused and disoriented on dry land? :)

Oh look l have just parked my car for an hour, it’s now 9:40am. Let me set the twisty dive bezel to remind me when the parking is due to run out! I take the simpler view of its 9:40am, I need to be back by 10:40am and just, well remember it! Image

YMMV. :D

Neil
Try using the bezel. You will never feel so alive!

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk


User avatar
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7634
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: UK

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by nbg » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:23 am

smegwina wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:14 am
nbg wrote:Whilst I do use the chronograph function on a watch I don’t get why anyone would use a dive bezel for timing above the water.

I get why they are used under the water, however do folk really get confused and disoriented on dry land? :)

Oh look l have just parked my car for an hour, it’s now 9:40am. Let me set the twisty dive bezel to remind me when the parking is due to run out! I take the simpler view of its 9:40am, I need to be back by 10:40am and just, well remember it! Image

YMMV. :D

Neil
Try using the bezel. You will never feel so alive!

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Nick at my age I need to do as much as possible to keep my brain active.

Using the bezel would be like adding up, using a calculator, rather than my head. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

User avatar
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: South Wales

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by StrappedUp » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:25 am

I haven't owned a watch with a rotating bezel since I sold the C65 months ago :shock: :loser:

I did once use the bezel on a C60 as an egg timer to try and justify owning a dive watch. The conclusion was that the timer on the oven is much more useful as it bleeps when done, so I reverted to that.
Ryan

atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3118
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:21 pm
Location: England

Re: When was the last time you used your timer on your wrist trinket

Post by atnits » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:16 pm

I very rarely use a bezel for timing, but I use my chronographs for timing regularly.

Post Reply