Chrono Misalignment Help!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Chrono Misalignment Help!

Post by TP Fit »

I sent my CW C60 Chrono 300 to get serviced since my chrono was resetting to the 58th second and not zero. Before I sent it in I was instructed by customer service to read the manual in order to rectify the issue. I did for a week with no resolution. They then recommended to have it serviced. 11 weeks later it gets returned and mind you I had to follow up many times and had them rush it to me. Otherwise who knows how long it would have taken. Now keep in mind my issue is not the length of time to get serviced here but the recurring problem (well at least not in this post). This happened to me again just days after I received it back from service. This was the conclusion when they returned it to me. Basically, they are telling me that I can rectify the issue myself but I have tried it again with no resolution. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice to the issue and maybe instruct me on how to correct the problem. I fear taking it back for service. I sent them an email with the issue and I'm waiting for a respond back. In the meantime, I thought I would ask the pros within the forum for help. Please see below and if you have any advice please let me know. Thanks!

"The issue that you encountered was a misalignment of the chronograph. This can happen from time to time with a quartz movement, and this can easily be rectified by following the instructions in the manual. Our technicians have actioned this, but I can only apologize for the delay this has taken to action."

Misal.jpg
Chrono Instructions below:
Misalignment.png
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Chrono Misalignment Help!

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

If that is a quartz chronograph there will be a page on resetting it later in the manual. I’ll try to find it.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:43 pm If that is a quartz chronograph there will be a page on resetting it later in the manual. I’ll try to find it.
That's odd, mine doesn't have it that section and nor does the one I found online. I appreciate the help.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

No, indeed I looked at the manual for your watch and it doesn’t have that section. So I checked out the Ronda website and looked at the user guide for the movement. I think this is what you want:
620D2AFF-DD78-4DE5-9B16-44D4BB3FF2A7.jpeg
The procedure has always worked for my quartz chronographs. Good luck.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

It worked! Omg, customer service on two occasions assumed I had the correct procedure. You did what customer service could not do in 3 months. I wish they had sent me the instructions like you did. Would have spared a lot of frustration and time. Thanks!!!!
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Glad you got this fixed, but sorry you had to rely on the forum to do so. Of course, good customer service would have been to help by instructing you on how to do it, rather than telling you to read the (non-existent) manual page.
If it's any consolation, I have only had to do this infrequently with any of my quartz chromos, so it should become a common problem for you.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

I’m not trying to be a clever dicky here but I usually find the old adage “Google is your friend” can often elicit a solution, in these type of scenarios. I solved this exact chrono alignment issue via a Google search, myself.

I once had a “service required” symbol light up on my dash, following a service on my car. The dealer said it needed a reset and wanted me to book the car in and leave it with them for the day!

I googled “reset service light on Mondeo”. The answer was clearly explained and was a simple sequence of ignition & foot pedal manipulation. It took a couple of mins and job done!

I always check Google first now.
Steve.
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

Great suggestion. Lesson learned...
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

^^^ :thumbup:
Steve.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The movement is the same that is in the C3 Malvern Chronograph Mk III. The resetting procedure is also the same. You may wish to download the C3 Mk III manual from website so you have it.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@Thermexman - good advice Steve.

There will be an alternative in the not too distant future, of simply looking up the model of your watch on the new CW Forum Archives, where there are details of the movement inside the watch, and the ability to click through to the watch movement details (on Ronda / ETA / SW's website).

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England