C60 Trident Mk3 Bezel Rocking movement?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Re: C60 Trident Mk3 Bezel Rocking movement?

Post by Commisar »

A1soknownas wrote:This text below is from an official CW response to another buyer on Trust Pilot who experienced issues with their bezel movement. I suspect this issue is bigger than they are letting on which is why people are either being offered a refund or to keep the watch and accept that it is within their tolerance with no replacements option at all. What is frustrating is that they refer to lateral play only. The issue I and others have had has not being side to side rotational movement but how the bezel itself moves up and down or away from the crystal which I have never experienced on any other watch -

(02/07/19) Many thanks for the feedback and I'm so sorry you're disappointed. In creating Trident 3, Christopher Ward have gone through an extensive product research process, resulting in iterative testing to support the process of re-engineering the unidirectional diving bezel to be the most precise and aurally attractive bezel we have ever produced. Attainment of the very highest quality standard has been our goal throughout.

In achieving the improvements we have made to the bezel, which have been recognised as a more precise, stable and attractive-sounding rotating action, we have aimed to make it not just as good as we could make it, but also as strong as the best on the market, which are often available for many times the price of Trident 3. We have made many improvements to the bezel’s sound, click and rotation of which we are justifiably proud. The levels of lateral movement or ‘play’ of the Trident 3 bezel are well within standard industry comparisons; however we care very much for our customers queries and as a result, and as part of our programme of continuous quality improvement, we are embarking on a review of the new bezel’s action and performance, working to achieve the same high quality standard we have so far achieved in sound, click and rotation yet further, with the lateral movement.

Trident 3 owners can be assured that any lateral movement of ‘play’ in the bezel will not worsen over time and is not a sign of malfunction or damage to the bezel. We are listening and determined to improve; feedback to our product design and technical teams is welcomed, to accelerate the process of making our bezel function the best that it can be.
Well there we go. It almost certainly a function of the new clicky bezel action and how the mechanism sits between the case and the bezel.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Omega has the same "issue"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/commen ... bly_bezel/

It's merely a byproduct of how the bezel is constructed and how the springs are set-up.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Skypooch

Post by Skypooch »

My C60 Pro 600 mk 3 40mm just developed this issue after 10 months of ownership and weekly if not daily wear. Swimming but no diving.

It was perfect when I got the watch and has been until yesterday.

For whatever it may be worth, the bezel shifts more between 2 and 8 than any other two poles on the dial.