CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by jtc »

Bungle-ator wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:38 pm It seems that me suggesting in an email that I'll drop by in the morning has provoked a response from not just one but two members of staff. Both emailing in the last half hour promising me the world and all its riches tomorrow.

They've bought a day with their efforts so I'll see what they do with it.
What exactly did you say/threaten? :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Bungle-ator wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:38 pm Apologies folks but it doesn't look like I'll be heading to CW towers tomorrow. It seems that me suggesting in an email that I'll drop by in the morning has provoked a response from not just one but two members of staff. Both emailing in the last half hour promising me the world and all its riches tomorrow.

So the reckoning is delayed, but it will still happen - one way or another.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

jtc wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:45 pm
Bungle-ator wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:38 pm It seems that me suggesting in an email that I'll drop by in the morning has provoked a response from not just one but two members of staff. Both emailing in the last half hour promising me the world and all its riches tomorrow.

What exactly did you say/threaten? :lol:
:lol: I didn't threaten to smash the gaff up, just that I would come by Park Street looking for information. As H0rati0 says, it's probably just delaying the inevitable.
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

All of these reports are troubling. I live abroad, so ordering products unseen largely goes with the territory. Everything comes with an element of risk because return shipping is an utter pain.

I own 3 CWs but this apparent drop in QC/CS would give me serious pause for thought before dropping coin on another. I doubt I would take the punt without some serious personal involvement and assurances from a senior / competent member of staff (personal inspection prior to shipping, several photos and video, etc.). That's a tough ask of any business.

However, every cloud and all that: my violent aversion to the 9 o'clock logo spares me the stress!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

baldrick wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:48 am All of these reports are troubling. I live abroad, so ordering products unseen largely goes with the territory. Everything comes with an element of risk because return shipping is an utter pain.

I own 3 CWs but this apparent drop in QC/CS would give me serious pause for thought before dropping coin on another. I doubt I would take the punt without some serious personal involvement and assurances from a senior / competent member of staff (personal inspection prior to shipping, several photos and video, etc.). That's a tough ask of any business.

However, every cloud and all that: my violent aversion to the 9 o'clock logo spares me the stress! Image
I feel the same way, also living abroad (apart from the complete aversion to the new logo to which I am sort of ambivalent). To buy another CW would need a showroom visit I think, apart from NNs where I would be content to run the risk.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
G1DRP
CW-watches: 0

Post by G1DRP »

I wish i'd read this before I started a new thread. I've expressed my displeasure in Trustpilot now. Katrina's emails should automatically be forwarded now she's left the company. Amateurs!
Cheers,

Ian
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Bungle-ator wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:38 pm Apologies folks but it doesn't look like I'll be heading to CW towers tomorrow. It seems that me suggesting in an email that I'll drop by in the morning has provoked a response from not just one but two members of staff. Both emailing in the last half hour promising me the world and all its riches tomorrow.

Is this what it's come to? Emailing and phoning seem to have little effect on solving CS issues. Posting on the forum doesn't get things fixed, UNLESS you threaten to darken their door. Pathetic. I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but it shouldn't require the customer having to threaten a personal appearance to get things back on track. Despite what Kip and Mike France have said, their is so far little evidence that things are getting better. I will continue to hold out hope, as I like the product, but any future purchases are definitely on hold for now.

I was curious if the issue is as wide spread as it seems, or if we just like to complain a lot on the forum, so I had a look at Trustpilot. On the first page I found 13 4 and 5 star reviews, and 7 1 or 2 star reviews. When you read the reviews, the division is clear: 5 star reviews are all for new orders. 1 and 2 star reviews are all service related. Bottom line is this: The watches and the initial order fulfillment are great. After sales service is terrible. So, not just the forumites having issues.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

It took all day but I finally got a status update at 18:40. Bizzarely, I'm told that the watch is being repaired under warranty. I'm not complaining, but I did admit on the returns form that it stopped after I dropped it. I did expect to pay for a repair. Bearing in mind I was already told 2 hours after dropping it off that it would cost me £365. A 6-8 week wait has been advised, which seems perfectly acceptable to me.

The communication is awful. They nailed it when I requested a repair by replying promptly and getting packaging to me within 48 hours but it all went out the window after I handed the watch in. They really need to improve on this if they want repeat customers.

I judge companies on after sales care and if it's not right I don't go back. They've currently restored my faith in them but there's a long way to go yet.
G1DRP

Post by G1DRP »

Bungle-ator wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:18 pm It took all day but I finally got a status update at 18:40. Bizzarely, I'm told that the watch is being repaired under warranty. I'm not complaining, but I did admit on the returns form that it stopped after I dropped it. I did expect to pay for a repair. Bearing in mind I was already told 2 hours after dropping it off that it would cost me £365. A 6-8 week wait has been advised, which seems perfectly acceptable to me.

The communication is awful. They nailed it when I requested a repair by replying promptly and getting packaging to me within 48 hours but it all went out the window after I handed the watch in. They really need to improve on this if they want repeat customers.

I judge companies on after sales care and if it's not right I don't go back. They've currently restored my faith in them but there's a long way to go yet.
You dropped yours and they’re repairing it for free? I only banged mine on a door frame and they want me to pay! They’ve had it since mid December too!!!! Unbelievable.
Cheers,

Ian
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

G1DRP wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:24 pm
Bungle-ator wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:18 pm It took all day but I finally got a status update at 18:40. Bizzarely, I'm told that the watch is being repaired under warranty. I'm not complaining, but I did admit on the returns form that it stopped after I dropped it. I did expect to pay for a repair. Bearing in mind I was already told 2 hours after dropping it off that it would cost me £365. A 6-8 week wait has been advised, which seems perfectly acceptable to me.

You dropped yours and they’re repairing it for free? I only banged mine on a door frame and they want me to pay! They’ve had it since mid December too!!!! Unbelievable.
Had it since mid December?!
G1DRP

Post by G1DRP »

Yes, mid December. I didn’t start chasing them until early April though to be fair. The way things are going, the movement will require a full service because the lubricants have dried out by the time I get it back.
Cheers,

Ian
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

G1DRP wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:25 pm Yes, mid December. I didn’t start chasing them until early April though to be fair. The way things are going, the movement will require a full service because the lubricants have dried out by the time I get it back.
You have more patience than me. I’m not exactly know for my subtlety - I’d have probably dragged someone across their desk about it long ago. Some say violence is no answer, but it certainly can help sometimes :lol:
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

G1DRP wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Is the damage on yours cosmetic? I can only think that they're doing mine under warranty because they think it should've survived a small drop that didn't even damage the case.
G1DRP

Post by G1DRP »

No, it didn’t mark the case at all, or my wrist for that matter. Apparently it broke one of the screws that holds the movement in place. They want £15 for the screw and £15 to cover the labour. I hope they don’t mark the case back when they repair it, because they’ll be getting it back again if they do.
Cheers,

Ian
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

It's great that CW have decided to repair your watch under warranty. However in general terms it follows the worrying pattern that somebody in CW quoted £365 virtually immediately then somebody else decides they can do without getting £365 from you.

Good news for you though.