Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by Essex Paul »

I do hope CW get this right.
I too found this brand that offered well made good value watches, along with promised high end customer service. I like their story and the fact you can talk personally to the guy whose name is on the watch and his co partner.
And obviously to be part of a great like minded community on here!

I’m sure they’ll sort it, they have to to save their business I guess.
It’s still a little disconcerting that apart from promising to sort their system out there is still no mention of increasing their workforce to coincide with their increasing success and sales.
Also a little worrying that there are so many breakdowns and repairs that it’s taking months not weeks to return. The QC and quality of their watches must improve. I hope it does.
I’d love to stick around and buy more watches and talk about them. But CW must step up in ALL areas.
They maybe great value for money but there are other brands out there!
Finally if it means their prices increase to improve QC and CS to the point that you feel looked after when purchasing a watch then so be it.
CW please improve. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
albionprs
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Post by albionprs »

My Dear Friend.

I have spent my working life the Customer Service industry, 45 years in fact. Not once if I have been unable to repair a fault have I left the customer not knowing what the situation is.
Always discuss the issue with the customer, good or bad news, keep them up to date, and always agree a plan on the way forward. And if you make a commitment, stick to it.
The customer is Always first and wright.
He pays your salary. Never forget that.
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
Kyledemo

Post by Kyledemo »

albionprs wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:16 am My Dear Friend.

I have spent my working life the Customer Service industry, 45 years in fact. Not once if I have been unable to repair a fault have I left the customer not knowing what the situation is.
Always discuss the issue with the customer, good or bad news, keep them up to date, and always agree a plan on the way forward. And if you make a commitment, stick to it.
The customer is Always first and wright.
He pays your salary. Never forget that.
I could not agree more. 100% spot on. You either give a sh**, or you don’t. And it’s very clear where this company falls.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Forum admin team:

Please take a look at this message from DISJT: http://horology.world/forums/topic/140- ... m-members/

I hope you will remove the full name and private emails between the CW employee and a customer from this thread. The only people to blame for this CS clusterf*ck are the founders and not a CW employee who can not defend herself or provide her side of the story. Shame on you.
albionprs
Guru
Guru

Post by albionprs »

You can remove the CW employees name if you wish from this thread. I have no objection to your request.
The fact remains the employee has now left the services of CW by now.
How can one demonstrate the frustration of over situation without providing proof of the correspondence that is been submitted to all the customers in one's position.
If I have broken any results, I apologise whole hearty. But it's my money sitting on a shelf not yours.
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

I have removed the first name from my post, could I ask the person who quoted my post to do the same (H0rati0)

Thanks
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

albionprs wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:11 am You can remove the CW employees name if you wish from this thread. I have no objection to your request.
How can one demonstrate the frustration of over situation without providing proof of the correspondence that is been submitted to all the customers in one's position.
If I have broken any results, I apologise whole hearty. But it's my money sitting on a shelf not yours.
I don’t think it’s about you breaking the rules, or sharing your frustration.

You have shown far more patience than many others, including me would have.

It’s more that a young persons future career shouldn’t be potentially blighted, just because they appear to have been working in an environment rather lacking in leadership.

I.e. don’t shoot the messenger.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
albionprs
Guru
Guru

Post by albionprs »

nbg wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:39 am
albionprs wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:11 am You can remove the CW employees name if you wish from this thread. I have no objection to your request.
I don’t think it’s about you breaking the rules, or sharing your frustration.

You have shown far more patience than many others, including me would have.

It’s more that a young persons future career shouldn’t be potentially blighted, just because they appear to have been working in an environment rather lacking in leadership.

I.e. don’t shoot the messenger.

Neil
I totally agree with your last statement.
Now please advise this old man on how best I remove the item we agree on?
If anyone wishes to do so on behalf, you have my concent/permission.
Thank you
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Isn't this getting a bit silly? Remove names and corres and the thread loses context, meaning and proof. Might as well just remove the thread. Best not to complain any more in case someone is offended by your complaint. Sounds a good idea, no need for the company to change anything then as they will have 100@ positive ratings and can mock anyone who dares to claim otherwise.
'Tis me
albionprs
Guru
Guru

Post by albionprs »

Caller wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:49 pm Isn't this getting a bit silly? Remove names and corres and the thread loses context, meaning and proof. Might as well just remove the thread. Best not to complain any more in case someone is offended by your complaint. Sounds a good idea, no need for the company to change anything then as they will have 100@ positive ratings and can mock anyone who dares to claim otherwise.
Again, I too agree with your comments.

To be honest, I wish I never bought the watch in the first place now. I've never suffered so much grief with this item than other purchase in my whole life. If I would have bought from a shop, take it back, Exchange for a new one, job done. Never buying from the internet again. Full stop.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Caller wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:49 pm Isn't this getting a bit silly? Remove names and corres and the thread loses context, meaning and proof.
No one is talking about removing corres, just the full name of one of the employees. The corres could be shown but with personal details blacked out. The thread would still show the valid points that the OP has made. Who has also shown a lot more patience than I would have done.

After rereading the thread earlier, I removed my reference to said person. Even though I only used first name. I think it’s only fair IMO. As Neil said “Don’t shoot the messenger”
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
albionprs
Guru
Guru

Post by albionprs »

TheBeatles wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:36 pm
Caller wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:49 pm Isn't this getting a bit silly? Remove names and corres and the thread loses context, meaning and proof.
No one is talking about removing corres, just the full name of one of the employees. The corres could be shown but with personal details blacked out. The thread would still show the valid points that the OP has made. Who has also shown a lot more patience than I would have done.

After rereading the thread earlier, I removed my reference to said person. Even though I only used first name. I think it’s only fair IMO. As Neil said “Don’t shoot the messenger”
I have amend my original attachment of the thread to suit.
I have removed the name.
However I can not edit other posts
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

TheBeatles wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:46 am I have removed the first name from my post, could I ask the person who quoted my post to do the same (H0rati0)

Thanks
Done, that's fair enough.

As I remarked at the time, no malignment intended - we do not know the facts, so judgment not appropriate.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

H0rati0 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:24 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:46 am I have removed the first name from my post, could I ask the person who quoted my post to do the same (H0rati0)

Thanks
Done, that's fair enough.

As I remarked at the time, no malignment intended - we do not know the facts, so judgment not appropriate.
Many Thanks, like you I didn’t mean any personal attack but better to be safe than sorry

0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

nordwulf wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:31 am Forum admin team:

Please take a look at this message from DISJT: http://horology.world/forums/topic/140- ... m-members/

I hope you will remove the full name and private emails between the CW employee and a customer from this thread. The only people to blame for this CS clusterf*ck are the founders and not a CW employee who can not defend herself or provide her side of the story. Shame on you.
Frank, I applaud you and Chris. I hope the mods can make the necessary edits. (As an aside, I find it incredulous that standards of decorum on this forum are being raised by a member who was previously banned (I remember the incident well, and I have supported, and would support again, a call for the ban to be overturned)).

The CW employee in question, and one of their other colleagues, have been named and shamed in several posts, both here and in other groups. I’ve dealt with both these individuals in the past, as, like other long-term members / owners, I have experienced occasional warranty issues in the past, and they have been dealt with adequately (the reason I use that word is that at times the warranty repair has taken longer than I had hoped to concluded, but never did I see the serial failures reported here and elsewhere). It is very clear to me that things have taken a turn for the worse over the past 12-18 months, if the volume of forum complaints is anything to go by. However, with the reported huge increase in sales volumes, who knows whether the percentage of faults has increased. Either way, I don’t think these two individuals have suddenly become hapless and inefficient when they once were helpful and (more) efficient. To me, the reported events point to a process failure, which coupled with a huge sales increase, could have the impact we’ve seen reported here.

The individual concerned has moved on, we don’t know why, and I won’t speculate, but their departure isn’t going to help matters unless the cause of the issue was their doing alone, which I can’t believe; indeed I’ve defended the two named individuals in another group.

While emotions run high, the internet allows an unfettered medium where one can say what one likes (however one-eyed it may be) and this incident, I expect, has become a factor in the poor person’s departure. Keep on this way, and there won’t be a Customer Service team left at CW, and the new customer demographic so anxiously sought by CW, will evaporate.

Watch issues occur and repairs take time - a long time. We’re talking about highly delicate mechanical movements comprising many tiny moving parts. Let’s not confuse CW’s internet-only model with the high-volume market for consumer electronics, which are little more than a collection of electronic components assembled by a machine in a plastic box. And it’s not just CW where issues arise. I posted the item below earlier about a watch I collected today, and have sent right back, no doubt for another lengthy absence.

“I’ve become acclimatised to the long waits; my Tudor GMT has been at the Rolex Service Centre for a warranty repair for 7 weeks. The case was in perfect condition going in, discussed and agreed with the AD, but it returned (without the expected leather service pouch) with scratches front and back, a huge swirly on the side and a nick in one of the lugs. It’s gone straight back. Just goes to show that Customer Service issues exist with the majors as well as the smaller brands.”
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot