CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Post Reply
User avatar
albionprs
Guru
Guru
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:48 pm
CW-watches: 2
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by albionprs » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:34 pm

As some of you are aware, I'm struggling to get to the bottom of a repair of my C60 Chrono.

In the last few days, correspondence has increased after email after email chasing them up.

The latest being , one minute I get an email stating my watch is QC, and I should expect the return of the item towards the end of the week, then two days later, it's in the queue still awaiting repair, then the following day another email, its failed its QC tests and needs to be repaired again, and we will let you know in couple of weeks.
Today I received this:
Hi Paul,

I hope you are well.

I am going to be leaving the company this week. If you want to email cutomerservices@chrsistopherward.co.uk one of my colleagues will take over your case.

We want to get your watch back to you as soon as possible and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,


A former member of the CW team
Customer Service Advisor
-


1 Park Street T: +44 (0)1628 763040
Maidenhead christopherward.co.uk

Berkshire SL6 1SL
United Kingdom
-
They received the watch at the being of April? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Life is always full of surprises
C60-600 Black; C60 Chrono; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Omega Seamaster Chrono; Breitling Diver; ; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra

User avatar
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1035
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by H0rati0 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:44 pm

weakest link snapped?
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

User avatar
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1485
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:36 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: England

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by TheBeatles » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:49 pm

H0rati0 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:44 pm
weakest link snapped?
Possibly. Also, with no direct reference to the person involved the phrase “rats and sinking ship” springs to mind.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles

User avatar
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1035
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by H0rati0 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:58 pm

TheBeatles wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:49 pm
H0rati0 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:44 pm
weakest link snapped?
Possibly. Also, with no direct reference to ----------- the phrase “rats and sinking ship” springs to mind.
I was hoping more for the ship leaving the sinking rat.....but I have no idea what is going on, so not to malign the CS employee concerned..
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by what-time-is-it » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:20 pm

Investing in a Christopher Ward watch means enjoying a lifetime of support and service, starting with our famous 60|60 Guarantee – one of the most comprehensive guarantees in the world of watchmaking.

Not anymore!
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Citizen, Eterna, Omega, Oris, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag & Tudor.

Chris

Squalus
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:08 am
CW-watches: 5

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by Squalus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:57 pm

I don't know if this has been mention before; forgive me if it was stated. The impression I get is that CW is probably a victim of their own success.

Their current system was probably adequate for the previous volume of sales but now it's being overwhelmed with the higher volumes.

Procedures that are fine in a small company are likely to cause bottlenecks in a midsize company; as an example.

sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1029
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by sproughton » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Squalus wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:57 pm
Their current system was probably adequate for the previous volume of sales
It definitely wasn't

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by Mikkei4 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:31 pm

albionprs wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:34 pm
As some of you are aware, I'm struggling to get to the bottom of a repair of my C60 Chrono.

In the last few days, correspondence has increased after email after email chasing them up.

The latest being , one minute I get an email stating my watch is QC, and I should expect the return of the item towards the end of the week, then two days later, it's in the queue still awaiting repair, then the following day another email, its failed its QC tests and needs to be repaired again, and we will let you know in couple of weeks.
Today I received this:
Hi Paul,

I hope you are well.

I am going to be leaving the company this week. If you want to email cutomerservices@chrsistopherward.co.uk one of my colleagues will take over your case.

We want to get your watch back to you as soon as possible and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,


Katrina van Geene
Customer Service Advisor
-


1 Park Street T: +44 (0)1628 763040
Maidenhead christopherward.co.uk

Berkshire SL6 1SL
United Kingdom
-
They received the watch at the being of April? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Yet again the onus of next communication is put back onto the customer......"If you want to email cutomerservices@chrsistopherward.co.uk one of my colleagues will take over your case".

"If" and "will" are totally inappropriate in the above email from CW CS.

In any company with staff that have an iota of Customer Service awareness this would have read "Due to the continuing and ongoing issues with your watch our Customer Services Manager, Scott Callaway, copied on this email, has taken personal ownership of your case and will contact you direct by telephone within the next 24 hours to discuss possible options to bring this case to a rapid conclusion acceptable to you".

Sadly I don't see that ever happening.

User avatar
Robotaz
Guru
Guru
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:56 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Lexington, KY
Contact:

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by Robotaz » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:56 pm

My purchases from CWL are on hold until the CS environment has a big turnaround that is undeniable.

User avatar
jimmbob
Junior
Junior
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:12 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Shropshire

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by jimmbob » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Funnily enough they're very quick to reply to their trust pilot reviews.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ch ... en&stars=1

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by Mikkei4 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:30 pm

jimmbob wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 pm
Funnily enough they're very quick to reply to their trust pilot reviews.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ch ... en&stars=1
Wow there's some bad reviews and issues amongst that lot and they go back several months, pretty much with the same pattern of faults, no communication and long delays as has been posted on this Forum. I wonder if all those quoted on trustpilot reviews have been completed as MF stated a few weeks ago?

Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3063
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:45 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Alberta, Canada (The Great White North, eh!)

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by Lavaine » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Wait a minute. Katrina just told a customer that it was up to them to find another customer service agent to take over his case? WTAF? After all the negative things we have heard about customer service recently, this might actually be the worst one.

Imagine going to a restaurant and halfway through your meal the waitress comes by and says "I'm going home. If you phone the restaurant, they can find another waitress to help you if you need anything".

"I'm going on vacation. Your car isn't finished, but if you email the dealer, another mechanic will finish the work on your car."

"It's my lunch break. If you give the switchboard a call, they can find another surgeon to finish up your operation."
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.

Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3063
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:45 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Alberta, Canada (The Great White North, eh!)

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by Lavaine » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:54 pm

jimmbob wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 pm
Funnily enough they're very quick to reply to their trust pilot reviews.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ch ... en&stars=1
Even stranger, as per the top Trustpilot review, they are once again shipping internationally via Royal Mail. As per the website, even express international delivery is now via Royal Mail. DHL didn't last long. Maybe customer feedback regarding the increased cost of courier delivery was listened to. I will actually defend CW on this complaint. The customer is complaining that they don't have any tracking. CW says Canada Post doesn't allow tracking for imported packages. That's not actually correct, but Canada Post is often so slow to update tracking that packages often arrive before tracking is updated.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.

User avatar
Essex Paul
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by Essex Paul » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:00 pm

Lavaine wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:46 pm
Wait a minute. Katrina just told a customer that it was up to them to find another customer service agent to take over his case? WTAF? After all the negative things we have heard about customer service recently, this might actually be the worst one.

Imagine going to a restaurant and halfway through your meal the waitress comes by and says "I'm going home. If you phone the restaurant, they can find another waitress to help you if you need anything".

"I'm going on vacation. Your car isn't finished, but if you email the dealer, another mechanic will finish the work on your car."

"It's my lunch break. If you give the switchboard a call, they can find another surgeon to finish up your operation."
Nah........ surely not........ nah..... really?

IF this is true then they’ve COMPLETELY lost the plot.
France and Ward themselves MUST be told about this.
I’m still struggling with this, I’m shaking my head in total disbelief as I write.
Fawlty Towers indeed. ](*,)
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: CW Customer Service - Time to give Up

Post by Mikkei4 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:08 pm

albionprs wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:34 pm
As some of you are aware, I'm struggling to get to the bottom of a repair of my C60 Chrono.

In the last few days, correspondence has increased after email after email chasing them up.

The latest being , one minute I get an email stating my watch is QC, and I should expect the return of the item towards the end of the week, then two days later, it's in the queue still awaiting repair, then the following day another email, its failed its QC tests and needs to be repaired again, and we will let you know in couple of weeks.
Today I received this:
Hi Paul,

I hope you are well.

I am going to be leaving the company this week. If you want to email cutomerservices@chrsistopherward.co.uk one of my colleagues will take over your case.

We want to get your watch back to you as soon as possible and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,


Katrina van Geene
Customer Service Advisor
-


1 Park Street T: +44 (0)1628 763040
Maidenhead christopherward.co.uk

Berkshire SL6 1SL
United Kingdom
-
They received the watch at the being of April? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Were the typos in the CW CS email address (cutomerservices@chrsistopherward.co.uk) actually in the email sent by Katrina at CW ?

Post Reply