Trident Mk3 with white dial

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: Trident Mk3 with white dial

Post by welshlad »

I think this looks great, but then I've always liked white dials. However, it's too close to my C60 CWE in design, so I will have to pass. My money is waiting for a new GMT variation, eg black dial with bi-colour bezel (as hinted at by Mike France).
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

Post by ScofieldReturns »

ugh...i was one of the apparently many that requested the return of this combo...but i needed it in a 38mm. MASSIVELY disappointed lol
andreasharford
CW-watches: 0

Post by andreasharford »

ScofieldReturns wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:58 pm ugh...i was one of the apparently many that requested the return of this combo...but i needed it in a 38mm. MASSIVELY disappointed lol
I was at first, but then I read over the email again and found this near the bottom: 'Available in 42mm size (for the time being, maybe?)'. Perhaps if we show enough support for smaller sizes they'll start to manufacture the white dial ones in 38mm. It's always been a shame how they have such a limited set of 38mm Tridents, especially with the COSC and Limited edition watches - as someone with a 6.26 inch wrist small watches are a Godsend.
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

Post by ScofieldReturns »

andreasharford wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:46 pm
ScofieldReturns wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:58 pm ugh...i was one of the apparently many that requested the return of this combo...but i needed it in a 38mm. MASSIVELY disappointed lol
I was at first, but then I read over the email again and found this near the bottom: 'Available in 42mm size (for the time being, maybe?)'. Perhaps if we show enough support for smaller sizes they'll start to manufacture the white dial ones in 38mm. It's always been a shame how they have such a limited set of 38mm Tridents, especially with the COSC and Limited edition watches - as someone with a 6.26 inch wrist small watches are a Godsend.
same wrist size as you. already have a trident mk3 in 38mm to show my support! that tagline in the email is really ambiguous, it can either be coming out in more sizes...or the 42mm itself might be a limited time thing. either way i didn't want to wait longer for one as i expected a white at launch.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I’ve had a couple of white faced mk2 Tridents and never found legibility an issue. I do like this new variant however would like to see in 40mm which is surely only a matter of time (along with some more colourways).
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way