Review of Trident Elite 1000 LE by Fratello

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Review of Trident Elite 1000 LE by Fratello

Post by nbg »

Unlike many of the watch review and blog sites, that often seem be run by people with limited horological knowledge, the folk at Fratello know which way is up.

A good review of the Elite.
https://www.fratellowatches.com/hands-o ... lite-1000/

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Review of Trident Elite 1000 LE by Fratello

Post by Thegreyman »

Well balanced and positive review.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:16 am Well balanced and positive review.
The bit that reminded me of one of my previous errors was the reference to orange and how he wasn’t sure how he would think about it in 10 years time! :D

I remember nearly buying a LV Kermit many years ago. Changed my mind because I thought the green bezel would be a bit too much, once I turned 60! :(

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

The only new info I can take away is that he found the new hybrid strap comfortable.

Maybe be just me, but I find practically all internet watch reviews anodyne, little more than a repeat of the spec, a regurgitated description of the watch and maybe some company history. I would like to see evidence - comparison with similar watches and relative experience of living with along the lines of the best car mags.

It can be done as we've had some very informative write-ups on the forum.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:33 am
Thegreyman wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:16 am Well balanced and positive review.
The bit that reminded me of one of my previous errors was the reference to orange and how he wasn’t sure how he would think about it in 10 years time! :D

I remember nearly buying a LV Kermit many years ago. Changed my mind because I thought the green bezel would be a bit too much, once I turned 60! :(

Neil
Yes that was one of his main concerns that the appeal of the orange would fade over time. I think, particularly on the all blue strap, the amount of orange isn't overpowering and I don't think will diminish the desirability of the watch in the future.
c60-42ada3-t0bb0-hb_fr.jpg
Sounds like you regret not going for that Kermit Neil, understandably even from a financial perspective.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by McDaWisel »

I do not like the blue hybrid on Elite. Too much blue. On the other hand I find that the orange and blue together work great! That said I am a little biased as I have been wearing it for the last few weeks :-)

But what in waiting for is the titanium bracelet that should launch in about a month or so. That should look really great!
Darksol

Post by Darksol »

Thanks for the article!

For me although he does mention the hybrid strap being comfortable, for the first 10mins or so it is, but over time it's not.

The TI bracelet will be interesting :thumbup: