Another CS nightmare (still in progress)

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Re: Another CS nightmare (still in progress)

Post by baldrick » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:03 am

My only contribution to this thread....Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

scooter
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 am

I like that baldrick.

Kyle, with apologies.

Online the phrase "I just spilt tea/coffee on my keyboard" usually refers to reading something hilariously funny. Well at least to that reader anyway.

In my opinion the phrase "to reach out" in this context is quite frankly banal beyond belief.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)

sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:38 am

I'd be more concerned that she thinks the way of finding out whether a customer has been responded to is to ask the customer, rather than check with colleagues / systems. Sums it up for me.

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by TheBeatles » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 am

Maybe more staff training or different staff is the answer.

I remember just after Wera retired, I had a small problem with much to and froing. Chris himself got involved.

Near the end, they actually sent the wrong watch entirely. When I told Chris, his email said “Bang, Bang - that’s the sound of my head hitting my desk”

I think it indicated his level of frustration.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:22 am

In the topic "Is this really customer service" I wrote a few points, 1 of which is below.

5. There cannot be any CS fault logging process in use at CW. If there is 1 in place then nobody in CW or Repairs is using it to log status or communications. This is not rocket science. Many of us on this Forum must have dealt with more complicated CS set ups than this. A simple logging process, some basic procedures for staff to follow, if you must use pre-written formatted responses then make them believable and ensure the grammar and spelling is correct. Create some SLAs that cover internal timescales for response, repairs, turnarounds and some other SLAs for how CW will deal with customers AND issue them on the CW website for all to see.

The earlier part of the above is still evident, at least for this that were on the "old" system. Whether CS people at CW are overwhelmed or not there is a distinct lack of professional and caring attitude to their customers problems. Also there appears to be a distinct lack of awareness or logical thought being applied to how to clear up the outstanding issues.

Why is email the only communication method being used by CW to contact these customers with long outstanding problems? For goodness sake use the telephone to call them, apologise for the past failings, take the inevitable criticisms and moans, obtain the details to create 1 list that can be worked through to clear all outstanding repairs and returns.

As I said above - this is not rocket science. It is having the right staff, the right attitude, the right management and actually wanting to get this fixed. I don't see any of that at present so this problem will roll on and on. If this Forum is only 3% of CW customers then how many non-Forum members are having the same type of problems as the members that have posted on here?

Somersett
CW-watches: 14

Post by Somersett » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:08 pm

KevinB wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:52 am
They should know every watch in and where it is in the queue at every second.
Given some of the e-mail replies I received when I enquired as to when I could expect the return of my wife's watch, they obviously don't.

"I will need to look into this for you as the watch should have been back in your processing quite a while ago."

"Thank you for the emails have you sent. I will look into this when I get into the office tomorrow morning. I will need to talk to my Head Technician and look into the old repair reports, so the it may take some time."

"I had a chat with my Head technician today to see if he can remember fixing your wife’s watch. He said that it doesn’t ring a bell with him and he checked all his benches to see if it had been put there.

"As far as I can see the watch has been put somewhere in the building and I not the Head technician was told were it is. One Monday morning I will look for the watch in every department just to see if has been picked up. If I can’t find it I will talk to Scott and see if we can sort out a replacement or some sort of compensation."

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Somersett wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:08 pm
KevinB wrote:
Given some of the e-mail replies I received when I enquired as to when I could expect the return of my wife's watch, they obviously don't.

"I will need to look into this for you as the watch should have been back in your processing quite a while ago."

"Thank you for the emails have you sent. I will look into this when I get into the office tomorrow morning. I will need to talk to my Head Technician and look into the old repair reports, so the it may take some time."

"I had a chat with my Head technician today to see if he can remember fixing your wife’s watch. He said that it doesn’t ring a bell with him and he checked all his benches to see if it had been put there.

"As far as I can see the watch has been put somewhere in the building and I not the Head technician was told were it is. One Monday morning I will look for the watch in every department just to see if has been picked up. If I can’t find it I will talk to Scott and see if we can sort out a replacement or some sort of compensation."
Don't you just despair reading the last 2 statements - so they have to rely on whether somebody REMEMBERS fixing a particular watch and that it's been put somewhere so they'll basically have to search the whole building for it. If it wasn't so dire it would be laughable, a Brian Rix farce.

and they want more people to have their watches service by them !

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Mikkei4 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Dumb & Dumber, really.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Kip just HAS TO forward these posts to Mike France, Chris Ward and Peter Ellis.

Then ask Mike to rethink his reply to Kip, and try again.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by what-time-is-it » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Negative reviews from customers are a window into my business
Article from March '18 by Mike France. https://realbusiness.co.uk/negative-rev ... -business/
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Omega, Oris, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex & Tudor.

Chris

Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:47 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:09 pm
Negative reviews from customers are a window into my business
Article from March '18 by Mike France. https://realbusiness.co.uk/negative-rev ... -business/
Sounds more like do as I say as opposed to do as I do.

How does trustpilot work? Are the reviews a bit like those on trip advisor.

How many of those with poor experience have received a personal call from CW? Especially in view of mikkei4's post earlier.

The perverse thing is that any bad reviewer on TP, according to MF, get's a personal call to apologise, but other don't? Especially as MF derides such complaints on forums. Clearly paying lip service to his own advice and hardly an holistic approach to dealing with complaints. What he seems to be saying is prioritise the complaints made on a platform that could damage / help promote more sales and damn the rest. The problem is forums are the biggest source of Chinese whispers and word soon spreads.
'Tis me

Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:18 pm

60+ emails for a simple repair is about 55 too many. The email chain for a smooth repair should be something along the lines of:
1.I require a return label for a repair.
2.Your label is on the way.
3.We have received your watch.
4.We have looked at the watch,this is what is required, and when it will be completed.
5.Your watch is on the way back to you.
Realistically, a couple of more emails might be exchanged, but 60+? Come on CW, get it together.

The other huge issue here is Katrina asking the customer if anyone has 'reached out' to them. If they were using any sort of logging/tracking system, they would know if someone had contacted the customer. If you have to ask the customer if someone has been in contact with them, something has gone wrong.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.

kiter65
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by kiter65 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Riddim Driven wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:15 pm
Whoa! What's up with this watch forum anyway? Where's the fun section?

Sorry but all the fun guys have been banned :escape: :lol:

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:41 pm

TheBeatles wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 am
Maybe more staff training or different staff is the answer.

I remember just after Wera retired, I had a small problem with much to and froing. Chris himself got involved.

Near the end, they actually sent the wrong watch entirely. When I told Chris, his email said “Bang, Bang - that’s the sound of my head hitting my desk”

I think it indicated his level of frustration.
How long ago did Wera retire? That'll tell you how long this type of problem has been going on. Is Chris still banging his head on his desk? He ought to be.

Somersett
CW-watches: 14

Post by Somersett » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Mikkei4 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:51 pm
Somersett wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:08 pm
KevinB wrote:

Don't you just despair reading the last 2 statements - so they have to rely on whether somebody REMEMBERS fixing a particular watch and that it's been put somewhere so they'll basically have to search the whole building for it. If it wasn't so dire it would be laughable, a Brian Rix farce.

The first reply set the alarm bells ringing for me as it clearly indicated that they had no idea where my wife's watch was. To date, I have not been given a proper explanation as to how the watch ended up being sent in error to someone in Ireland or the full details of why it took them approximately three months to retrieve it and return it to me. To then return it to me without so much as a letter of apology was inexcusable.

By the end of this sorry saga ( four months plus ) the Customer Service Manager would neither take my phone calls nor respond to my requests that he contact me. He was always conveniently in a meeting when I called and requests for him to call me back were ignored.