New C65 Trident Vintage Mk II

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nordwulf

Re: New C65 Trident Vintage Mk II

Post by nordwulf »

timor54 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:37 pm
Ttf23 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:02 am ...
Surprised at the price point though - more than the C65 diver.
My assumption is that this is largely an increase for the forthcoming C65 quick release bracelet. With this being +£35 over the existing bracelet, which I’d guess will disappear in time.
Leather strap:
Mk1: £595
Mk2: £695

Bracelet:
Mk1: £660
Mk2: £795

That's a pretty big price increase. The C65 Mk2 is now the same price as the C60 Mk3.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

All the better to hire more CS staff. Honestly, I would rather pay an extra $100 up front and know I can expect good service when needed.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

nordwulf wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:23 pm
timor54 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:37 pm
Ttf23 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:02 am ...
Surprised at the price point though - more than the C65 diver.
My assumption is that this is largely an increase for the forthcoming C65 quick release bracelet. With this being +£35 over the existing bracelet, which I’d guess will disappear in time.
Leather strap:
Mk1: £595
Mk2: £695

Bracelet:
Mk1: £660
Mk2: £795

That's a pretty big price increase. The C65 Mk2 is now the same price as the C60 Mk3.
I was just comparing it to the C65 diver, as quoted by @Ttf23, not the previous Mk1 vintage to determine the approximate cost uplift for the forthcoming quick release bracelet.

In my view this appears to be broadly a new iteration of the C65. i.e. basically a 38mm version with the same case design, calibre, crystal, handset; but with a fixed polished rather than a rotating aluminium bezel. This comparison, for cost purposes, seemed to make more sense to me.
Tim
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

watchaholic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:41 pm All the better to hire more CS staff. Honestly, I would rather pay an extra $100 up front and know I can expect good service when needed.
This, this and THIS!! :clap:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Essex Paul wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:20 pm
watchaholic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:41 pm All the better to hire more CS staff. Honestly, I would rather pay an extra $100 up front and know I can expect good service when needed.
Throwing more staff into the chaos will not help. First stabilise the systems and procedures, then determine what new staff (if any) and training is required. Granted this doesn't happen overnight.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

H0rati0 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:18 am
Throwing more staff into the chaos will not help. First stabilise the systems and procedures, then determine what new staff (if any) and training is required. Granted this doesn't happen overnight.
I’m afraid the time has come to expand the workforce. Repairs/QC and servicing take too long.
Reason, not enough watch technicians.
They’re growing, so should the workforce.
8-10 weeks repair? Servicing 6 weeks approx?
Too long.
Mine came back scratched after 9 weeks.
Too many watches not enough staff.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
dyhan
CW-watches: 1

Post by dyhan »

Hello, everyone. I'm from China. It's a beautiful watch. I hope she's my first watch.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Essex Paul wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:06 pm
H0rati0 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:18 am

I’m afraid the time has come to expand the workforce. Repairs/QC and servicing take too long.
Reason, not enough watch technicians.
They’re growing, so should the workforce.
8-10 weeks repair? Servicing 6 weeks approx?
Too long.
Mine came back scratched after 9 weeks.
Too many watches not enough staff.
After stripping away all the layers, doesn't the lions share of ALL this trouble with service come round to initial QC? Poor initial quality will obviously overwhelm the service center. Watches arriving DOA, while not the norm, have certainly been reported. The poor chap who has two purchases in the last year, with CW having possession of them longer than he...Complete breakdown, as well as a violation of trust. Any more purchases from me are certainly on hold, As for service, I'll just pay for it and eat the cost. :(
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

I am the poor chap with the two watches :wave:

I agree, when I finally receive my second watch maybe by the end of June or early July, I will probably hold tight on any more purchases from CW. At this point I just want an end to my bad experience/luck with CW.

As for the status of the C65 auto nearly new watch, I am still waiting for a replacement and it will be about 5 weeks since I returned the damaged original when I finally get it. I requested for them to send an expedited replacement right away but they stated they had to have the damaged one first. I then immediately sent it and they got in a few days time. At the sheer thought of customer services having to process it and be in the loop of knowing to replace it with a new one, made my skin crawl. So I suggested to buy a new one right away at my cost and then they could refund me when they got the damaged one. They said no to that suggestion. So in the meantime, by the time they processed the damaged one the new c65 autos became on back order and had the status of "pre-order" on their site. I asked if they had put one aside for me and they stated no and now I have to wait 4 weeks for it. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. :(
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Sorry to hear all this, hope it all gets sorted out soon for you. They are aware, and one has to believe they are working to rectify your situation. But, as posted elsewhere, for the company wide issues, it will take some time.
Dwight
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

It’s a debacle that’s stopping me getting a C65 at the moment.
The thought of having to send it back would fill me with dread. :thumbdown:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Jame5m
Junior
Junior

Post by Jame5m »

Ouch... I hope they sort mine out quick! I miss it already!
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Jame5m wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 pm Ouch... I hope they sort mine out quick! I miss it already!
How long was you quoted?
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Jame5m
Junior
Junior

Post by Jame5m »

I wasn’t.... I’ll see what they say when it gets there!
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Jame5m wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:15 pm I wasn’t.... I’ll see what they say when it gets there!
:thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue