Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Post by Bungle-ator »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:47 pm
Bungle-ator wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:37 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:24 pm I'd rather just wear one of my other watches or, if need be, go and buy a stop gap for a couple of hundred quid.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
A couple of hundred for a stop gap! You must be minted. I'd be getting change from a tenner with a new Casio F91W if I really needed something.
Oh, I could get an F91W too.

Just that I presumed that if one is buying a stop gap, one would want a respectable watch that is approaching the one you have in service. :lol:

Guy
I don't think many on here would need a stop gap. I had to crack out my Hamilton from the depths of my sock drawer to take the Mrs out for our anniversary as I thought the G-Shock I've been wearing wasn't appropriate. The Hamilton's not as nice looking or expensive as my CW but it's probably better made.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

The repair will take 6-8 weeks, can you pop in and pay £365 for the new battery in your SH21.
Actually, the repair will be done under warranty.
Oh, it's going to take 8-10 weeks.
It'll be with you within the next 2 weeks.

15 weeks on................
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

What would happen if one didn't chase them up, how long do you think it might be before they get the watch back? Do we know what the current record is?

People used to come on watchdog and moan about their energy company not billing them for 6 months. I used to watch and laugh whilst eating my Popcorn as N Power had not billed me for 3 years....and blocked me from leaving because basically they couldn't render me a bill so I might have owed them money. This was about 5 or 6 years ago now.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

I'm quite patient and not in the least bit angry. Some of it's been amusing. On last enquiry it had been delayed due to an August shutdown in Switzerland and we were then waiting on parts. I then received an invoice for work and parts for £365, zeroed under warranty. I misunderstood this to mean that the watch was ready to get sent back but it looks more like they had actually just ordered what they needed for the repair. Quite odd to wait until week 12/13 to order parts that they knew they needed from day one.

Edit: I'm going to go on a whim and guess that my watch is around 6 more weeks away.
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

DavecUK wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:59 am What would happen if one didn't chase them up, how long do you think it might be before they get the watch back? Do we know what the current record is?
I am testing that one, right now.

The job for my watch doesn't get much simpler, although I appreciate that there is a queue.
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

We need a league table ;)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

I hope the statement about putting a new battery in an SH21 was a joke?? :shock:
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:30 pm I hope the statement about putting a new battery in an SH21 was a joke?? :shock:
The email I received on June 11th 2 hours after I handed my watch in:

"I have had the watch passed back to me by the head technician and he has stated that the watch just needs a mechanical repair.

The cost to repair the watch will be £365.00 plus returns postage of £7.95

To pay for the battery you can either call in with your card details or supply me with a PayPal email address.

The current repair time frame is 7-8 weeks."
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Bungle-ator wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:42 pm
TigerChris wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:30 pm I hope the statement about putting a new battery in an SH21 was a joke?? :shock:
The email I received on June 11th 2 hours after I handed my watch in:

"I have had the watch passed back to me by the head technician and he has stated that the watch just needs a mechanical repair.

The cost to repair the watch will be £365.00 plus returns postage of £7.95

To pay for the battery you can either call in with your card details or supply me with a PayPal email address.

The current repair time frame is 7-8 weeks."
That’s not even funny and just proves what I’ve said before. Some of them working there don’t know a crown from a buckle.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

AA, AAA, PP3, SH21...
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

:lol: let's just say it didn't fill me with confidence. I wasn't paying that without an invoice either and my reply with several questions was never answered. It took a few emails and over two weeks for me to get any kind of response. I still don't know if they're fixing the dial (there's either dodgy paint or a smudge that can only been seen at a certain angle) which was secondary to the mechanical repair. If it's still the same when I receive it they're getting it straight back.
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

Bungle-ator wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:06 pm :lol: let's just say it didn't fill me with confidence. I wasn't paying that without an invoice either and my reply with several questions was never answered. It took a few emails and over two weeks for me to get any kind of response. I still don't know if they're fixing the dial (there's either dodgy paint or a smudge that can only been seen at a certain angle) which was secondary to the mechanical repair. If it's still the same when I receive it they're getting it straight back.
Presumably you have told them about the problem on the dial? It might be worth reminding them because they probably need to remove the dial anyway and you really don't want to have to wait around again for a dial to be fitted when it's costing them almost nothing on parts (perhaps a few pounds) to simply replace the dial at the same time as they repair.

If I was the actual watchmaker it would annoy me for the watch to come back for me to spend time and uncase, unseal, remove the movement, hands and then replace the dial etc.. etc.., when I could have put a new dial on it the first time.

P.S. It would be like the gut punch a watchmaker gets when he cases the watch and turns it over only to find he has forgotten to put the hands in ;)
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

There's something seriously wrong with their communications if they don't know about the dial. It was mentioned on the return form to the extent of pinpointing where the flaw is. Asking about it several times through email got no response and I'll be honest, I'm expecting it to come back untouched. I won't know until it's here though.
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Bungle-ator wrote:There's something seriously wrong with their communications if they don't know about the dial. It was mentioned on the return form to the extent of pinpointing where the flaw is. Asking about it several times through email got no response and I'll be honest, I'm expecting it to come back untouched. I won't know until it's here though.
I think it’s safe to say there’s a LOT wrong with their communication! You might wind up getting a turtle and a pogo stick back.
CraigP

Post by CraigP »

I have to say the bad things I read about CW service do surprise me. My first impressions of the brand are that CS would be a priority. This doesn't seem to be the case though!