nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Post by nbg »

Thermexman wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Thegreyman wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:41 pm
FullFat wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:30 pm My C60 MK1 is in for a service and I've been quoted £250 + return postage , battery change on another was £20. Have to admit to being surprised at the service cost because all the threads I'd searched mentioned £150!
My C60 mk1 was serviced last summer for £99. I can't believe the price has gone up to £250, that seems high. Are there any specific repairs/parts it requires to take it to that cost?
My C600 Tri-Tech Elite 500m dive watch with H.E. valve was £99 for a service, with an additional £10 for a new Ratchet Wheel plus £7.95 postage.
Therefore £116.95 for a service & repair. (It wouldn't wind).

This was may 2018! Why the big change and such varied prices being quoted?

A service requires a full strip down of the movement.

A repair should only require a little extra work and the cost of the new part?

It's like someone is just making numbers up?
Whilst they are not yet in possession of my watch, I completed the online service request form and asked a couple of specific questions in the other information box.

Prompt response, albeit it ignored my specific questions.

I emailed asking the questions again and received a reply from Scott a few hours later.

Scott advised me that the cost of servicing my Trident Pro 600 GMT would be £150.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
FullFat
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by FullFat »

FullFat wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:30 pm My C60 MK1 is in for a service and I've been quoted £250 + return postage , battery change on another was £20. Have to admit to being surprised at the service cost because all the threads I'd searched mentioned £150!
My C60 mk1 was serviced last summer for £99. I can't believe the price has gone up to £250, that seems high. Are there any specific repairs/parts it requires to take it to that cost?
Mines the GMT, not sure that would make £150 of difference to the service. As far as I can see there's no repairs needed just a service as nothing is detailed in the email.
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

I am sorry for everyone who has had or is having a bad CS experience. With my 7 CW watches, I had one problem that they solved quickly. They know how to do it. I trust they will fix this all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

FullFat wrote:
Mines the GMT, not sure that would make £150 of difference to the service. As far as I can see there's no repairs needed just a service as nothing is detailed in the email.
GMT should be 150 ish not 250. Double check with them to make sure they have actually got a clue as to what they are talking about.

Have kept out of these threads so far, but the depths of ineptitude that CW seem to have sunk to recently are terrifying.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

If a Rolex GMT is £530 approx to service.
And a CW GMT is £250 to service.
That seems way out of line. No?

Approx 10 times the price difference RRP.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Post by Qubo »

Essex Paul wrote:If a Rolex GMT is £530 approx to service.

That’s brand equity for you! Servicing is labour and a few parts.

Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Qubo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:28 pm

But what I’m getting at is that CW charges half what Rolex would charge but the price of its watch is only 1 tenth of a Rolex GMT. The old service price of £99 for a CW service is more in proportion with its price range.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

Essex Paul wrote:
Qubo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:28 pm

But what I’m getting at is that CW charges half what Rolex would charge but the price of its watch is only 1 tenth of a Rolex GMT. The old service price of £99 for a CW service is more in proportion with its price range.
Was referring to the price of the watch. Cost of service is essentially labour - time - and a few parts. You won’t see the same price differentials with servicing as you see with the price of the watch itself.

FullFat
Junior
Junior

Post by FullFat »

smegwina wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:38 pm
FullFat wrote:

GMT should be 150 ish not 250. Double check with them to make sure they have actually got a clue as to what they are talking about.

Have kept out of these threads so far, but the depths of ineptitude that CW seem to have sunk to recently are terrifying.

I emailed them about this and Scott emailed me back to tell me they had made a mistake and I should have been quoted £150 for the service. I'd already paid so if it wasn't for this forum I'd have been £100 out of pocket.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

FullFat wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm I emailed them about this and Scott emailed me back to tell me they had made a mistake and I should have been quoted £150 for the service. I'd already paid so if it wasn't for this forum I'd have been £100 out of pocket.
:thumbdown:

Getting a bit like Howden's kitchens by the sound of it ... just pick a figure and run with it.

Good to see the forum has been able to help in this instance.
Ryan
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Sybil ...... “Basil, someone on the phone wants to know how much a room for the night is”.

Basil ....... “oh just tell them any old number dear”.

😂
C65 Trident Diver Blue
albionprs
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Post by albionprs »

albionprs wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:45 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:22 pm So basically when Mike France stated that the team is now up to date with all correspondence it's not so in this case. They have NOT dealt with everybody's individual situation and definitely NOT as they should be doing, i.e treating each person as an individual customer and writing to them personally and not with a pre-formatted templated email that is absolute nonsense.
I'd say it looks that way.
As I've said before, actions speak louder than words.

I will keep this thread updated .
I think its important that we know the company is treating SC.
Well I did say I'll keep you all updated:

Firstly I received an email last Wednesday that my watch was in QC, and I should have the watch back later in the week.

Monday: another email, my watch is currently awaiting repair
and will have a update in a few weeks?
Today: My watch has been tested a number of times, it has failed on all occasions, due to go back for more repairs.

I replied back, keep the watch and send me a new one.

This is the second repair this year.

I give up.
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Wowsers, tough break.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

FullFat wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm
smegwina wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:38 pm
FullFat wrote: Mines the GMT, not sure that would make £150 of difference to the service. As far as I can see there's no repairs needed just a service as nothing is detailed in the email.

I emailed them about this and Scott emailed me back to tell me they had made a mistake and I should have been quoted £150 for the service. I'd already paid so if it wasn't for this forum I'd have been £100 out of pocket.
A mistake would have been nice but ****** is sticking to £150 for a quartz service and battery change says the prices went up 6months ago. Give it another 6 months and it will be cheaper to replace a watch than have it serviced.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Alex r wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:04 pm A mistake would have been nice but Vallen is sticking to £150 for a quartz service and battery change says the prices went up 6months ago. Give it another 6 months and it will be cheaper to replace a watch than have it serviced.
It has got to be a mistake!

I have my Sister-in-law's C7 COSC IRR in with CW as it had 'stopped'.

Diagnosed, only last week, as new battery required.

Cost £20 plus return postage.

Mind you; since I got the diagnostic and cost email from Katrina on Tuesday last week and I replied within 20 mins to say "OK, I'll use PayPal to pay, please send me an invoice" I've heard nothing. Not even after a chase up email to Katrina and Customer Service last night.

Any suggestion, that as a member of the Admin Team I might get preferential treatment (which has been hinted at from time to time) is phat.

We are not immune! :shock:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England