Exchanging Trident MK3

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nektie

Exchanging Trident MK3

Post by nektie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Hey guys! My first thread in this wonderful forum which helped me greatly to choose Christopher Ward as my entry into the realm of automatic watches. I am hoping the forum can also help me with my recent purchase.

I got a Trident C60 Pro 600 MK3 on May 14 and it arrived 3 weeks later in Canada. As expected, the watch is beautiful and a great value for the money. Unfortunately the dial had a small speck of metal(?) below the date which glistens in light. It also appears to be mobile since it has moved above the date now. I thought that it was not a big deal and I can just get the watch exchanged. So I tried contacting the customer service by filling the returns form on the website first - no response for 3 days. After numerous emails asking to follow up for 2 more days, I called the US number and eventually got to talk to a customer representative. He said that process will be expedited right away and I would receive instructions for return shipping shortly. They asked for some information regarding DHL pickup via email and I responded immediately. Now it has been 2 days and still haven't received the shipping instruction. Emailed them again but no response. It is a bit frustrating because Trident MK3 is somewhat an expensive watch and I expected quick customer service.

I have an event coming up in a month and I am hoping that Christopher Ward will follow up and I can get the exchange in another 3 weeks. How should I proceed now? Any experiences with returns or exchanges from Canada?

Bungle-ator
Junior
Junior

Re: Exchanging Trident MK3

Post by Bungle-ator » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:43 pm

I've had the opposite experience here in the UK. I filled out the repair form online yesterday out of office hours at around 19:00 and I had an email this morning at around 10:30 advising that a prepaid returns envelope is being shipped to me. Ironically, I don't need to ship it as they're just a five minute walk from me.

Darksol

Post by Darksol » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:46 am

Bungle-ator wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:43 pm
I've had the opposite experience here in the UK. I filled out the repair form online yesterday out of office hours at around 19:00 and I had an email this morning at around 10:30 advising that a prepaid returns envelope is being shipped to me. Ironically, I don't need to ship it as they're just a five minute walk from me.
So you had the same issue?

Or what made you exchange it?... I'm just wondering

nektie

Post by nektie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am

I am starting to worry now given the delay in the responses and no return shipping label. Is there a course of action I should take?

Bungle-ator
Junior
Junior

Post by Bungle-ator » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:14 am

I dropped my CW on tiled floor and it stopped working, completely my fault. There is a mark on the dial that I'd been doing my best to ignore but I've asked them to deal with that whilst they have it. We'll see how long it takes for packaging to arrive and then I'll hand deliver it.

M3tth4w

Post by M3tth4w » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:54 am

I have the exact same problem as you.
I posted in another post that I have some scratches on the dial of my MK3 and you guys adviced me to contact costumer services.

I contacted them last week on Sunday (26th). I got a quick response on Tuesday asking for the return address and day (which I already provided in the original mail). Then after my immediate answer nothing for a week.

I wrote 2 more mails at the end of the week with my address and pictures of the watch, asking them if they got the mail as I had no response for a week...

Then I got another mail on monday asking me for my address from the same person? :shock:

I called them on tuesday and stated everything again, the person I spoke with said he would be sending an confirmation mail for the pickup in about 10-15 minutes. Nothing happened.

I asked what is going on in another mail yesterday, no answer until now.

I am getting a bit angry at this point. I understand that you need some time to answer requests. But they take a week for each mail always delaying my pick up day. They completly ignored all questions I asked and will not sent the pickup confirmation. They always start from zero again.

I dont really want to send my watch to them myself as I am starting to question their whole process and if they can link the watch to me and my request when it arrives.

I dont really know what to do. I can not call them every day as I have to pay for the call going out of my country. Any tips?

albionphoto
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by albionphoto » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:27 pm

nektie wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am
I am starting to worry now given the delay in the responses and no return shipping label. Is there a course of action I should take?
I've normally just returned watches to CW by USPS. I haven't had any experience with their DHL returns procedure (I know I'm in the US and not Canada).

I would try emailing or calling Scott Callaway

Scott Callaway
Customer Services Manager
1 Park Street
Maidenhead
Berkshire
SL6 1SL
United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)1628 763040
Scott.Callaway@christopherward.co.uk

or try chris.ward@christopherward.co.uk

Reference this form post if need be. I would expect either Scott or Chris to be able to help you as the proper process seems to have failed.
Mark
Muehle Glashutte, Omega, Oris and Christopher Ward.

Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:47 pm

Their customer service can go from being very good to totally the opposite, atrocious.
I’ve had both experiences.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue

nektie

Post by nektie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:33 pm

albionphoto wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:27 pm
nektie wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am
I've normally just returned watches to CW by USPS. I haven't had any experience with their DHL returns procedure (I know I'm in the US and not Canada).

I would try emailing or calling Scott Callaway

Scott Callaway
Customer Services Manager
1 Park Street
Maidenhead
Berkshire
SL6 1SL
United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)1628 763040
Scott.Callaway@christopherward.co.uk

or try chris.ward@christopherward.co.uk

Reference this form post if need be. I would expect either Scott or Chris to be able to help you as the proper process seems to have failed.
Thanks a lot. I will try to contact them and update here once I hear back.

srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:10 pm

I've had both experiences as well... great and awful.

Do call Scott Callaway and get it sorted.

Their new DHL return process is actually great. They send you all the labels with the information and tracking already set up and set a scheduled time for DHL to come by and pick it up (hope they schedule it when you're available to be at your house or this could be an inconvenience). Return to CW only took 2-3 days whereas with USPS it was taking 2 weeks if it made it seamlessly through customs. I had two returns stuck in customs for 2+ months in January.

Personally, I've had too many experiences with CW over the past two years where these inconveniences have occurred. Not that the product is bad but I began to feel it's luck of the draw. I've had multiple watches arrive dislodged from packaging (should be sorted now with new packaging), C7 MKii arrived with the watch head disconnected from its strap (internal damage resulted), C65 Automatic with misaligned indices, C3 MKiii with a misprinted dial, C60 Trident Elite 1000 with faulty movement and was a press unit sent to me as new (serial numbers matched a review unit), C8 UTC Worldtimer (PVD version) was sent out when I ordered the steel version, Two orders, confirmed cancelled with CW, shipped anyways and I was contacted telling me I need to provide payment for it even though it was their mistake. I finally decided it wasn't worth it any longer even though the 40mm MKiii is very appealing and could sway me when new versions are released.

Good luck!
Scott

nektie

Post by nektie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 am

Good news! Scott picked up the process and the pickup is now scheduled for Monday. Thank you for your help guys!

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 am

nektie wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 am
Good news! Scott picked up the process and the pickup is now scheduled for Monday. Thank you for your help guys!
That's good news.
Why does it needs the Customer Service Manager to solve a basic CS process?

srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:14 pm

nektie wrote:
:thumbup:
Scott

Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:18 pm

Mikkei4 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 am
nektie wrote:
That's good news.
I had to pull strings and make lots of calls and emails when I had problems. Had to beg Declan to sought it out in the end, which he did brilliantly I might add. CS = chocolate teapot on that occasion.
Basically I had to enlist the help of the showroom manager. How many people do they employ in CS and in the workshop?? Not enough I think.
I’m about to buy my 2nd CW, no, want to buy my 2nd CW but I’m having real reservations about the after purchase care. I wouldn’t like to go through that again.
Oris could benefit if I change my mind.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Essex Paul wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:18 pm
Mikkei4 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 am
nektie wrote:
That's good news.
I had to pull strings and make lots of calls and emails when I had problems. Had to beg Declan to sought it out in the end, which he did brilliantly I might add. CS = chocolate teapot on that occasion.
Basically I had to enlist the help of the showroom manager. How many people do they employ in CS and in the workshop?? Not enough I think.
I’m about to buy my 2nd CW, no, want to buy my 2nd CW but I’m having real reservations about the after purchase care. I wouldn’t like to go through that again.
Oris could benefit if I change my mind.
Funny you should say that you had to beg Declan to sort it out. I was going to write in 1 of the other threads re. recent CS that he's the only person in CW that I trust to actually sort out a problem, which is partly why I booked a showroom appointment when I was having my bracelet order problem.
Trouble is that Declan is the Showroom Manager as you have said and therefore strictly isn't in the "CS Dept." so not really the person to drop CS issues onto.

It's a shame there aren't more people in CW with the experience and attitude of Declan, he's a star !