Delivery times

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Delivery times

Post by Mike2795647 »

Morning all,

Just wondering what people’s expriences are like with non next day delivery from CW.

I’m not in a hurry for my watch so I ordered without the additional £10 cost. When I check my status online it says ‘processing’. Whilst I can’t expect it to be sent within 1 day, it seems a long time between when ordered Friday last week to Thursday without so much as an email to give an indicative delivery schedule or any movement on processing my order.

For comparison, I ordered a watch from jeweller in Germany at the same time on Friday at about 7.30am and received this without any postage cost on Tuesday afternoon.

Ive sent an email to CW to ask for an update as I’m not able to call them sadly when they are open, fingers crossed I get an update today.

Is this an anomaly or is this delay the norm for non next day delivery folk
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Re: Delivery times

Post by McDaWisel »

I live in Ireland - so counts as international shipping. Placed a total of three orders from them.

First one using standard shipping. Took them just over a week to ship but then shipped it with DHL next day, probably because I emailed and complained.

Second order I paid for expedited delivery. (35 Euro) Ordered on a Tuesday night, package didn’t ship until Thursday afternoon, but was delivered Friday.

Third order I placed two weeks ago on standard shipping. Waited a week before emailing. Was told out of stock and that it will ship mid June. This was not made clear when I placed the order.

Overall not a great experience regarding delivery times... but worth the wait :-)
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

Thanks McDawisel

If you dont mind me asking, what did you order 2 weeks ago? Hope im not in the same situation, quite poor service (which does surprise me with CW) if items are out of stock and website not reflecting this or any update without you emailing.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

If you purchased via credit or debit card, your order will say “complete”, once they have taken payment. They will only take payment once they are ready to dispatch.

If, however, you paid by PayPal, payment is taken immediately and the order will show as “processing” forever!

I have a couple of orders still showing as processing from 2017.

I have placed orders (I’m in the UK) and not heard a thing from them for days and have had to phone or email to chase things up. On each occasion it has been dispatched the same day!

You should get an answer eventually, it’s just frustrating to have to chase it.
Steve.
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Mike2795647 wrote:Thanks McDawisel

If you dont mind me asking, what did you order 2 weeks ago? Hope im not in the same situation, quite poor service (which does surprise me with CW) if items are out of stock and website not reflecting this or any update without you emailing.
2 straps, one of which is the black soft touch leather with titanium buckle which is out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
isleaiw

Post by isleaiw »

Mike2795647 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:45 am Thanks McDawisel

I ordered on Thursday too - Trident Mk3 600 Pro in black red with hybrid strap.... normal delivery

Got the customary confirmation of order email which said I would hear when it was despatched. Nothing on Friday or Monday so on Tuesday so I emailed to see what to expect (patience is not one of my virtues...). Got an email back to say it was being despatched that day - and got the email to say it had been despatched, next day before 1pm delivery. Perfect as I could work from home on Wedneday...

However, it seems that before 1pm next day is the day after Royal Mail receive it - which means today, when I am not at home. Fortunately someone must be as I have the email to say it has been signed for - suspect it could be one of those days when I leave a tad early!

My second CW, to add to a limited edition bought in 2014, of the dress watch style.... I know I should know more!
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

Thanks all, I received an email today at about 11am, slightly disappointed as the response was that there had been a problem with payment - although I had it showing as pending from my bank account since Friday morning. I was told that I need to re-order and miraculously the pending payment disappeared on my bank account 30 minutes later.

I understand that there are issues and they did apologise, although for a company such as CW who are meant to pride themselves on customer service, there was no offer of ‘give us a call and we will process a new order and send out next day complimentary for the issues faced’ or similar.

I’m now stuck waiting until Tuesday at the earliest if I pay the £10 cost. Not a great experience.

From now on I think I will call or email them the day after any order and get a commitment on when it will be sent to safe any frustration.
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

Well it seems that CW are still having issues. I went through the process of ordering for a 2nd time.

Despite asking for confirmation of order when submitting I didnt hear anything. I emailed last week and received an update to say that all was in order and to look out for an email on Friday at 5pm as that was when my watch was being sent.

No email received to confirm despatch which was dissapointing to say the least. Checking my account on Sunday. The 'pending' payment has disappeared again and the money for my watch is now availble for me to spend again. Assume this happened on Friday as Sunday is non working day and CW didnt both to tell me.

Ive asked CW to confirm what has happended and if they still have my details of the order to now cancel it in full as decided to go elsewhere.

I appreciate CW are good watches for the money but their customer service has been poor to say the least
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Selling high price items online is very difficult, especially when it comes to payments. There is a huge amount of fraud out there and watch companies are the ideal target for all kinds of fraud. The payment processing companies that would offer companies like CW the ability to accept payments online are relatively limited, old fashioned and extremely difficult to deal with.

They require a bunch of fraud checks, some automated and some manual. And it’s often not transparent to the merchant (CW in this case) when these are completed. The automated checks might give a “pre-ok”, authorize the card (this will block the amount paid on a credit card and actually take the amount from the account in a debit card) and the status will go from payment pending to processing. This usually happens within a second. But any payment might be re-selected for manual re-check which can take a couple of days and which can result in a different outcome. On a credit card they would just release the funds (you will never see this unless you are at tour credit limit) and on a debit card they would refund, but this process would that a few days.

And the worst is the options for payment providers are limited for high ticket items. They will also never tell you why they declined a fraud check. I work in the industry and let me tell you it’s frustrating! Payment companies can charge up to 5% for processing a transaction, but their systems are from the 1960s. Since they don’t have to deal with the end customer they often just don’t care, and CW is a small fish for them.

If you had problems once you will probably keep having problems. Any small piece of info you enter could be the issue. A blacklisted or greylisted postcode, a credit card that is registered in a different country from the shipping address, an address with a hyphen that doesn’t have a hyphen in fraud database so it doesn’t match the post code or even someone with a a similar name in the same area that has a bad credit rating...

Sometimes it’s better to just call them and order over the phone. They just type the credit card details into their physical terminal. No checks. Just tell them the website didn’t work for you...
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

^^^^^ Great points made by McDaWisel.
If you can't get to the showroom and have Declan run your card I have found that calling CW directly generally works best. Since I'm in the US I have called both the US number and the UK number and both work fine. You're also more likely to get a better idea of whether, or not, an item is in stock.
In modern times it seems that using the website should be the best way to go but unless the vendor is someone like Amazon, quite often making a phone call is the best way.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

Agree with above and problems with cards, although to tell a customer that watch was going out and then stop the order and not tell them is poor service.
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Mike2795647 wrote:Agree with above and problems with cards, although to tell a customer that watch was going out and then stop the order and not tell them is poor service.
Agreed. And the merchant always sees what stage of the approval process of an order is on even if that’s not transparent to the end customer. That part sounds more like an order management and capacity issue than an issue with payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

Will give them another chance, but use different card this time (not able to call when their open so has to be internet order for me this week).

The only benefit over this is that I get to have another think if I want the all blue or red and black 38mm version
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Purely from a fraud protection standpoint (if that was an issue): using a different card might make things worse. They declined your first order, now you try again with a different card. Smells even more like fraud to a semi-intelligent fraud prevention system. That said it might work if it doesn’t pick you up as the same person. But I would recommend calling them and placing an order over the phone.
Kelderek
CW-watches: 3

Post by Kelderek »

I just experienced a very quick processing and delivery:

- Ordered Tuesday evening (after office hours)
- Dispatched Thursday
- Arrived in Gothenburg, Sweden Friday

Standard Delivery... not Next Day, even if it actually reached me the next day!

My second CW watch :D