CW C1 Moonglow

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
groovin
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Re: CW C1 Moonglow

Post by groovin »

Love the way the date is implemented! Also think the watch looks stunning in night conditions. The only thing that I personally still need some live user pictures of is the smoked glass especially around the edges. As someone already noticed, most of the pictures from the reviews so far provide a centered position of the two moons and those shots look stunning, but when the smoked glass edges have the moon in the background they look a bit "plasticky" (lacking a more fitting word), especially compared to the stellar execution of the rest of the watch.

Also peronally I would put in an order for the watch straight away but I am a bit concerned, especially because I already own 3 Christopher Ward watches one of them being the C9 Moonphase, about the quality of the service center and all the CS issues that seem to be going on lately.
This coupled with the fact that the price is 2000€ I am asking myself if it's wise to get another CW or maybe an oris divers sixty-five both being in the same price range.
Tudor Black Bay | C9 Moonphase | C65 Trident Auto | C9 5 Day Auto | Vulcain Aviator | C60 299 Signal Sqn | Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon | Oris Aquis | Steinhart Ocean One Gnomon | Zelos Swordfish V2
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by NotEnoughWrists »

Not really been paying attention much the last few months but first impressions when i got the sales email today- it looks a bit like one of those over priced Xeric watches one of the sales sites keeps trying to flog me :problem:
So many watches, yet still so little time!
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

groovin wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:01 pm
This coupled with the fact that the price is 2000€ I am asking myself if it's wise to get another CW or maybe an oris divers sixty-five both being in the same price range.
Bit of a difference in style between the Moonglow and an Oris Divers Sixty-Five :lol: :lol: :lol:
groovin
Senior
Senior

Post by groovin »

Yeah was thinking that comment would come up. Have enough divers and enough dress/business watches and another moon phase from CW so at this point the rationality of buying new watches is looks/quality/price rather than a specific type or class.
Tudor Black Bay | C9 Moonphase | C65 Trident Auto | C9 5 Day Auto | Vulcain Aviator | C60 299 Signal Sqn | Seiko Turtle Blue Lagoon | Oris Aquis | Steinhart Ocean One Gnomon | Zelos Swordfish V2
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

I like it. Not being a dress watch person, I like the design. I also think the price is reasonable for what you're getting.

But it's immaterial to me, as the logo intrudes badly and as ever, for me, it's like having a boil on the bum - something you don't want, but can't get rid of.

But on saying the price is reasonable, the QC/CS (same thing to me) has to be spot on. And that's asking for quite a leap in faith.
'Tis me
groovin
Senior
Senior

Post by groovin »

Yeah I guess that your statement is spot on the price for the quality you are getting is totally fine if QC/CS is totally reliable.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

This is a niche watch, so is always going to get fewer comments than a diver variant.

I have to say that I really like it. It's not too dressy and I like the date function as well as the lovely implementation of the moonphase. The only issue is the price. But I may have a discussion with the Finance Committee as it could be a belated 50th birthday present, tying in with the moon landing on my mum's birthday etc. Hmmm... need to prepare a business case... and probably sell a watch or two to aid the funding. :)
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Darksol

Post by Darksol »

Always wanted to add a moonphase to my collection. This one fits the bill, but might wait due to current issues with customer service.

I've been following CW for quite some time and hate seeing these horror stories.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

It's growing on me....
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

It’s beautiful.
It’s the price of a nice holiday.
It’s coming up to July.
I need another holiday.
I don’t need another watch.

Late deals...Greece or Canaries? 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:44 pm It’s beautiful.
It’s coming up to July.
I need another holiday.

Bognor and a new watch? :lol:

Need/want. Interchangeable.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:44 pm It’s beautiful.
It’s coming up to July.
I need another holiday.

Two weeks in the sun, quickly gone by, new watch OTOH...

Maybe you're onto something there, my wife has a week in France with a friend while I have to stay home menagerie sitting - seems like there could be a deal to be done :)
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jtc wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:58 pm
Bognor and a new watch? :lol:

Need/want. Interchangeable.
Need/want not interchangeable. Might want watch. Definitely need a holiday.
B*gger Bognor!

H.M. King George V
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Pip
Senior
Senior

Post by Pip »

I adore it. It’s beautiful in my eyes.

I slightly lost interest in watches for a while, having been seduced by the devil in the Apple Watch, but putting a ‘normal’ watch back on for various reasons made me check out the CW website for the first time in a while and this was the first thing I saw. Gorgeous.

Way way too much money for me, but it’s the first time a four figure CW has made me consider throwing caution to the wind....
Omega Constellation Megaquartz, and various other quartz...
CW: C60 Trident, C60 GMT, C9 2011 FLE, C70MC, Makaira Pro 500, C7 Mk2
Other: Seiko 5, Mondaine Retro Automatic, Smiths Military