CW C1 Moonglow

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Czechia
Senior
Senior

CW C1 Moonglow

Post by Czechia »

I'm surprised not to see a thread on this yet!
It's one of the first articles in the current CW Loupe magazine - link can be found here to the online version.

Page 6 - article called "Do the Bright Thing"

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/loupe13

CW are set to release a new model C1 Moonglow on July 20th - and it's caught my eye due to the fact I was planning to purchase the C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase later this year, once I completed my CIMA exams as a reward to myself. However, the introduction of the Moonglow throws up a few questions - will it replace the current C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase? Or will it compliment it?

What are the price points and more importantly, when can we see this new C1 Moonglow in all of it's glory? :)

The article in Loupe shows a glimpse of the new C1 Moonglow and I'm not wow-ed by it. The dial looks like new C65 VIntage range, I much prefer the more classic and elegant look of the current C1 Grand Malvern collection. But again it's difficult to judge based on the picture in Loupe.

At this stage, I'm still preferring the choice of the current C1 Moonphase over the Moonglow.

Thoughts?

:?
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW C1 Moonglow

Post by what-time-is-it »

Was discussed on this thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51928
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Czechia
Senior
Senior

Post by Czechia »

Ah, OK :) Thanks... I'll give it a read now. Must of slipped past me!
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Czechia wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:20 am
CW are set to release a new model C1 Moonglow on July 20th - and it's caught my eye due to the fact I was planning to purchase the C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase later this year, once I completed my CIMA exams as a reward to myself. However, the introduction of the Moonglow throws up a few questions - will it replace the current C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase? Or will it compliment it?
Not another bloomin accountant on the forum :problem: :wink:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Czechia
Senior
Senior

Post by Czechia »

Ha! I think that shows that CW business model is creating great value, if accountants are big fans of their brand ;)
Thegreyman wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:55 am
Czechia wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:20 am
Not another bloomin accountant on the forum :problem: :wink:
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Czechia wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:46 am Ha! I think that shows that CW business model is creating great value, if accountants are big fans of their brand ;)
Yes, true I guess no one appreciates vfm more than an accountant.

Back to the Moonglow, I recall reading that there may be one to view at the GTG in London on 31 August. I'm going to that myself so looking forward to seeing that plus a few other new models hopefully.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Thegreyman wrote:
Back to the Moonglow, I recall reading that there may be one to view at the GTG in London on 31 August. I'm going to that myself so looking forward to seeing that plus a few other new models hopefully.
Ruddy well hope so Patrick, as its due to be released 21st July.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

This is the one I will be looking most closely at.

It is seven months since I bought a watch, and I haven’t really felt any motivation to do so. I am still telling myself that possibly, maybe, perhaps, with a fair wind, all things being equal, circumstances notwithstanding, not to put too fine a point on it, I might eventually downsize the collection. Replacing my two Tridents with a blue C65GMT might be possible, but that would be a downsizing step, wouldn’t it? :)

I have thought about moon phases on quite a few occasions and have managed never to buy one yet. I have managed to convince myself that they are very pretty but largely irrelevant as far as I am concerned. This one, however, does leave me feeling quite intrigued.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:17 pm
Thegreyman wrote:

Guy
:lol: yes well we should be ok then!
Patrick

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Thegreyman wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:22 pm
Thegreyman wrote:

Guy
You being allowed south of the border Patrick?

Staying overnight on the Saturday, or going straight back after the GTG?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:36 pm
Thegreyman wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:22 pm

Guy
You being allowed south of the border Patrick?

Staying overnight on the Saturday, or going straight back after the GTG?

Neil
Yes Neil, hopefully I'll be allowed through border control and be there!

Coming down Friday and staying both Friday and Saturday nights :)
Patrick

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

^^^^^ See you there then. I will be the relaxed, tanned person, whose watch will be out of sight under my cuff. :)

Neil
TZ-UK
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:54 pm ^^^^^ See you there then. I will be the relaxed, tanned person, whose watch will be out of sight under my cuff. :)

Neil
Look forward to meeting you then Neil (as well as some of the other guys from the forum whom I haven't met before) and finding out which one of your fine collection is hiding under the cuff. I can feel stress already deciding which watch to wear for the day.

As an aside I got an invite to a Rolex Baselworld 2019 event in Edinburgh in a week or two. If I do go to that, it will be an easier choice (from a selection of one) :lol:
Patrick

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

Thegreyman wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:33 pm
nbg wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:54 pm ^^^^^ See you there then. I will be the relaxed, tanned person, whose watch will be out of sight under my cuff. :)

Neil
Look forward to meeting you then Neil (as well as some of the other guys from the forum whom I haven't met before) and finding out which one of your fine collection is hiding under the cuff. I can feel stress already deciding which watch to wear for the day.

As an aside I got an invite to a Rolex Baselworld 2019 event in Edinburgh in a week or two. If I do go to that, it will be an easier choice (from a selection of one) :lol:
I went to one last night. I think I was probably the only person there who wasn’t wearing a current 6 digit model Rolex. This pic and the time that I took it, reminds me that the wine was flowing. Not that I need reminding, as the the hangover is still telling me that.
0C551D89-BC7C-4790-9428-E7C10BCB5FC1.jpeg
Neil
TZ-UK
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:49 am This is the one I will be looking most closely at.

It is seven months since I bought a watch, and I haven’t really felt any motivation to do so. I am still telling myself that possibly, maybe, perhaps, with a fair wind, all things being equal, circumstances notwithstanding, not to put too fine a point on it, I might eventually downsize the collection. Replacing my two Tridents with a blue C65GMT might be possible, but that would be a downsizing step, wouldn’t it? :)

I have thought about moon phases on quite a few occasions and have managed never to buy one yet. I have managed to convince myself that they are very pretty but largely irrelevant as far as I am concerned. This one, however, does leave me feeling quite intrigued.
:lol: :thumbup:
Good to hear Steve ;)
It will be a very interesting watch for sure.