Mk3 Trident Christopher Ward logo/txt

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Mk3 Trident Christopher Ward logo/txt

Post by FloridaPhil »

Caller wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:38 pm Has anyone seen any evidence that sales have actually improved? As is known, CW himself said they had now reached 20k which matches the figure bandied around for the last 2/3 years, maybe more. Prior to that, the main thing I had read was that they believed the new logo had reduced the average buying age by 10 years - probably needed when so many old-hands walked the walk.

But as they don't release such data, all there is what the company say and they will hardly admit to sales decreasing.
I don't doubt that sales have increased. The product itself is incredible value and very well done and CW has built a well-deserved reputation for producing a quality product. There will be many who either like or don't mind the rebrand so I think their rising reputation and brand awareness will be sufficient to ensure better sales.

What I question is how much they have limited the increase due to the branding. Anecdotal evidence based on public feedback would indicate they have.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Just as an aside, I visited Watchlords Forum (mentioned by Kip).

What an awful place. Layout and design hard on the eyes. Not to mention, so many members using the F-Word.

By the way, I’m not a prude. I have used it myself at football matches etc. But never felt the need to use it whilst writing. Either they think it’s clever or just that they are uneducated.

Much nicer for many reasons on here, even though they’ve changed the logo :lol:
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

WATCHWIZ wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:25 pm Yet, any creativity and thought behind a couple of words in an uninspiring font, and to stick it off-centre, must have taken the board at CW all of 10 seconds to design which resulted in a "yeah, that'll do" decision.
No, the current log was not thought up by the CW Board - A Marketing/Design company was contracted and they created the disruptive (or divisive depending upon your personal view) logo and the placement. The company is called Hello and this is a quote from their website "Christopher Ward didn’t come to us with a brief; they came with an appetite for change. We are pretty straight talking — as are they — and they liked that. We had to get to the core of what these guys were all about. They were disruptive, real, no-nonsense people, and their new brand needed to reflect this."
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:54 pm To those who don't like the logo at 9 o'clock, I guess you'll be wanting the final series of Game of Thrones rewriting next.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
No I don't like it, No I don't want GOT re-written.

If everybody that dislikes the current logo stops saying they dislike it then there will never be a possibility of change because CW will imagine that all is right in their world. What was the likelihood of a 40mm Trident being produced if there hadn't been regular comments that it was what Forum and Facebook members wanted?

@FloridaPhil - excellent comments.
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by TPS10 »

Kip wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:21 pm It seems to me that you are trying to create more controversy with a subject that has had more than its share of discussion on this forum. In fact, our recent survey suggests that the majority of members have no further desire to discuss. Easily found by searching, I think you will find that it has been discussed to death. The logo change was over 2 years ago.
I’d love to live in a world where people respected other people’s opinions and allowed them to voice them, regardless of whether they agreed with it or not. It is actually impossible for every person to agree on everything, so why do we expect it on this site? 95% (that’s my own made up stat by the way!) of the time on this site, I feel people are respectful. That’s just my opinion, you don’t have to like it, you don’t have to agree, but please respect it’s my opinion.

You mention about the 75% majority that have no desire to discuss, but what about the 25% that do want to discuss it? Surely this site should be fully inclusive and the minority should not be censored or suppressed and allowed to discuss what they want to? Again, that’s just my opinion.

Maybe the comments were an attempt to be controversial or provocative, but provocation can only be successful if someone rises to it.

I’ve not discussed the logo on this forum before, purely because anytime anyone does mention it, they tend to get shot down and told not to discuss it. Do I like it? No. Do I own a new logo CW watch? No. Would it stop me buying a CW in the future? No. There are a lot of considerations when buying a new watch, design, style, quality, performance, cost etc. I don’t believe there is a perfect watch out there, every watch will have a compromise in some way, some you can live with, some you can’t. I can see that when (hopefully) they bring out the new Trident GMT Blue in 40mm, I will be buying one, as the compromise of the logo will be worth it for me.

I’m a big fan of Christopher Ward, they’re my personal favourite watch brand by a country mile and meet the majority of my buying considerations. Are there things about them I don’t like? Absolutely. Are there things I think they can improve on? Absolutely. Would I recommend them to a friend? Absolutely. But they’re just my own personal opinions, I fully respect other people will have very different views and I wouldn’t ever want their views being censored.

To the 25%, my advice would be discuss what you want to, don’t be censored or suppressed, it’s the only way minority groups can encourage change.

To the 75%, if you don’t want to get involved or be provoked, don’t.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Very funny reading. Getting boring now
Can’t believe the negative posts. Has it increased sales? Has it not?
Is it better at 12 blah blah.
Unbalanced/not uniform on dial blah blah.

CW feel it’s improved their business.
A lot of customers like the new logo.

Some don’t like it. So what?
Don’t like CW anymore? Tough. Don’t buy one.
If a favourite brand of mine changed something I didn’t like I’d move on. I wouldn’t waste my time moaning that they’ve changed something. I’d buy
elsewhere

This is getting boring now.
Excuse my thoughts but time to move on now, more to worry about life.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

Essex Paul wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:33 pm
Excellent idea. You do that and those of us who want to discuss it will. The fact you are bored of it is of no concern to me whatsoever. The fact I'm not bored of it should be of no concern to you either.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
WATCHWIZ
Junior
Junior

Post by WATCHWIZ »

Indeed Phil
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

scooter wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:35 pm Seems like classic Madjam to me.

scooter
Hmmmmm. Had crossed my mind. :roll:
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

FloridaPhil wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:44 pm
Excellent idea. You do that and those of us who want to discuss it will. The fact you are bored of it is of no concern to me whatsoever. The fact I'm not bored of it should be of no concern to you either.
Good. You keep talking about it pal.
Glad I’m of no concern to you, I’m bovvered.
Discuss away my friend. Little things ......

:thumbup:
C65 Trident Diver Blue
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by McDaWisel »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:To those who don't like the logo at 9 o'clock, I guess you'll be wanting the final series of Game of Thrones rewriting next.

Ain't gonna happen.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
I love the logo at 9. But I do want GOT rewritten and en extra season added Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Not sure about new logo, but never watched GOT. Took me awhile to realise what GOT stood for. So I’m glad it’s the final series.

Sick of people going on and on about it. It’s not even real, unlike Star Trek etc :lol: not a Trekkie By the way! Just trying to lighten the mood
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Polite reminder.

Discuss the logo by all means if you wish, but please refrain from the personal comments and stick to discussing the watches.

If you wish to have a go at one another, the PM system is there for you.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

Essex Paul wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:01 pm
FloridaPhil wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:44 pm
Good. You keep talking about it pal.
Glad I’m of no concern to you, I’m bovvered.
Discuss away my friend. Little things ......

:thumbup:
Awesome. Not that I needed your permission.
WatchChat on Facebook
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

WATCHWIZ wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pmIndeed Phil
Indeed Phil. 😂

Very short posts, I gather you don’t have much to offer in the way of expanding on the topics you post on?
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

You have been asked politely to refrain from personal comments.

Thread now locked.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)