C60 Trident Elite 1000 (mk3) - thoughts after a week

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: C60 Trident Elite 1000 (mk3) - thoughts after a week

Post by Mikkei4 »

WATCHWIZ wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:27 am Is there any give in the movement of the bezel? Does it feel it could be forced (incorrectly) in a clockwise direction? If not that must feel secure.

Could someone upload a video of the bezel movement to try and indicate the sound described perhaps?
Check out the numerous reviews on each model on YouTube - on every one of these the bezel movement is shown and discussed and you can hear the clicks as it moves.
WATCHWIZ
Junior
Junior

Post by WATCHWIZ »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:35 am
WATCHWIZ wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:27 am Is there any give in the movement of the bezel? Does it feel it could be forced (incorrectly) in a clockwise direction? If not that must feel secure.

Could someone upload a video of the bezel movement to try and indicate the sound described perhaps?
Check out the numerous reviews on each model on YouTube - on every one of these the bezel movement is shown and discussed and you can hear the clicks as it moves.
Thanks.
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by McDaWisel »

Quick update: With the strap becoming more comfortable over time and moulding more to the shape of the wrist, I actually find that the watch seems lighter! I had the Sinn on again yesterday and switched to the Elite today, much less of that heavy feeling. My guess is that as the seams on the strap stretch out, I went am closing it a hole tighter now, making the watch sit tighter on the skin, giving less of that rocking-heavy feeling...
Darksol

Post by Darksol »

Been wearing my Elite for about 2 weeks. Love the watch but strap is not that comfortable, might switch to a Nato.
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

One more update. Strap still not great. Better had initially but not great. They just don’t bend the way they should and dig into the sides of the arm. Very well made and sturdy, look great, but just not comfortable. I ordered a standard blue rubber strap from CW to put on this watch but shipping is delayed until mid June due to another strap in the same order being out of stock.

Otherwise I love the watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Should've been released and sold with a bracelet.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

I would absolutely love a CW Titanium bracelet!Have they ever made one?

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Yes, on the MK2 and I fully expect one to be eventually released for the MK3, but it'll be approx £200 - £250 imho.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

I didn’t know they made a Titanium mk2 bracelet. Thank you for that info! If they release one that fits the mk3, I will buy that immediately.

And I assume the mk2 bracelet won’t fit the mk3?
Darksol

Post by Darksol »

McDaWisel wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:15 pm One more update. Strap still not great. Better had initially but not great. They just don’t bend the way they should and dig into the sides of the arm. Very well made and sturdy, look great, but just not comfortable. I ordered a standard blue rubber strap from CW to put on this watch but shipping is delayed until mid June due to another strap in the same order being out of stock.

Otherwise I love the watch!

Thanks for the update! I thought i was the only one having that issue.
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior

Post by DanielDZ »

Is the strap enough reason not to buy? I was seriously considering it, but I think I'll steer clear
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Previously owned CW: C65 automatic blue, C9 5-day 40mm
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

I don’t think that’s enough reason. The watch itself is great. I am sure some people will be fine with it the way it is, but either way it’s very easy to replace, specially with the new easy to remove spring bars. Plenty of good options directly from CW - like their standard rubber that I am waiting for at the moment. And tons of other options out there as well.

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

As I recall the new CW Hybrid straps use EPDM rubber or similar. I remember reading it somewhere recently but can't now find where to validate; it certainly though was not silicone and not natural.

I have some Elliot Brown EPDM rubber straps and to my mind they take a lot of wearing in. That is, new ones are quite unforgiving but I have one which I bought pre-owned with a well used watch, which is nicely shaped and really comfortable. Guess one just needs to be patient and persistent.

On the other hand, as @McDaWisel has mentioned, with the quick release spring bars the CW straps are really easy to change and I have this Ostrich leg skin strap waiting for my Trident Elite 1000.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

McDaWisel wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:22 pm I don’t think that’s enough reason. The watch itself is great. I am sure some people will be fine with it the way it is, but either way it’s very easy to replace, specially with the new easy to remove spring bars. Plenty of good options directly from CW - like their standard rubber that I am waiting for at the moment. And tons of other options out there as well.

I’m not an owner of a Trident 3 but nevertheless I think CW potentially have a problem with regards the new hybrid strap. Criticism of its inflexibility appears to be fairly widespread, not just here on the forum. I feel the problem is most pronounced with the Trident Elite where the only strap option available is the new hybrid strap.

Whilst it’s true that there are abundant 3rd party straps, a purchaser should be able to buy a watch/strap/bracelet combination from CW that meets their needs and is comfortable. They should not need to resort to other straps to alleviate a CW problem.

It’s been a good first attempt, and obviously I’ve no idea where they sourced the straps, but in hindsight maybe going the someone like Hirsch for a branded version of their high performance straps might have been an idea?
Tim
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Agreed Tim.

Also to confirm what Chris was suggesting above: I emailed them a couple of days ago asking about a titanium strap for the Mk3. They confirmed:
We are currently in the processing of releasing a MK3 titanium bracelet, and we anticipate this to be in stock in the next 6-8 weeks.

They also confirmed the currently available Titanium bracelet is not suitable for the Mk3, only the Mk2.