New Summer Loupe Magazine?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mvlow
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

New Summer Loupe Magazine?

Post by mvlow » Wed May 08, 2019 4:07 pm

I've seen a few mentions of the new summer Loupe magazine since the launch off the Trident 3 last week. Can anyone confirm if it has actually been mailed out? I have checked the CW website a few times and it is not showing the new issue. I live in the U.S. and tend to get my mailed copy a long time after UK subscribers, so enjoy reading it online while waiting for the printed version.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage CW Joint Force Harrier C7 MkII Seiko SKX007 Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT CW C65 Trident Diver Monta Oceanking

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: New Summer Loupe Magazine?

Post by TigerChris » Wed May 08, 2019 4:14 pm

I can confirm that I received mine last week, along with the vouchers - they both turned up on the same day which is a first

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it » Wed May 08, 2019 4:14 pm

CW appear to be using an integrated website plugin now which is a bit clunky imho, as opposed to using issuu.com.
Visit this page to view: https://www.christopherward.co.uk/loupe13

We are in the UK and SWMBO received her physical copy on May 2nd, I've not received mine this time so far.
Current collection incl Alpina, Citizen, Oris, Rolex, Seiko, Tag & Tudor.

Chris

downer
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: Yes

Post by downer » Wed May 08, 2019 5:21 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:14 pm
CW appear to be using an integrated website plugin now which is a bit clunky imho, as opposed to using issuu.com.

We are in the UK and SWMBO received her physical copy on May 2nd, I've not received mine this time so far.
Can't say I'm very keen on that tool for reading the magazine. At least with issuu it was possible to download it and read as a PDF. I can't see any way of downloading from the page above?
Richard

Bident
Senior
Senior

Post by Bident » Wed May 08, 2019 5:33 pm

mvlow wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:07 pm
I've seen a few mentions of the new summer Loupe magazine since the launch off the Trident 3 last week. Can anyone confirm if it has actually been mailed out? I have checked the CW website a few times and it is not showing the new issue. I live in the U.S. and tend to get my mailed copy a long time after UK subscribers, so enjoy reading it online while waiting for the printed version.
Hi Malcolm,
I had the same problem. The links others provided (with .UK) work to view the online version of Issue 13, but I also discovered for US folks the following will work too: https://www.christopherward.com/loupe13

I only discovered this link because CW emailed a promotion that mentioned Issue 13 and provided a click button which took me to the URL. If one didn’t know about this URL, just navigating the US website still only shows Issue 12 as the most current one.
Best regards,
John

mvlow
Guru
Guru

Post by mvlow » Wed May 08, 2019 5:54 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:

Bident wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:33 pm
mvlow wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:07 pm
Hi Malcolm,
I had the same problem. The links others provided (with .UK) work to view the online version of Issue 13, but I also discovered for US folks the following will work too: https://www.christopherward.com/loupe13

I only discovered this link because CW emailed a promotion that mentioned Issue 13 and provided a click button which took me to the URL. If one didn’t know about this URL, just navigating the US website still only shows Issue 12 as the most current one.

Thanks Chris and John. Those links solved the problem.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage CW Joint Force Harrier C7 MkII Seiko SKX007 Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT CW C65 Trident Diver Monta Oceanking

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by what-time-is-it » Wed May 08, 2019 6:48 pm

downer wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:21 pm
what-time-is-it wrote:

Can't say I'm very keen on that tool for reading the magazine. At least with issuu it was possible to download it and read as a PDF. I can't see any way of downloading from the page above?
Agreed, it looks like they are trying to move away from issuu and hosting it themselves or embedding it within the CW website for more control.

In principle its a good idea, but I don't think they've tested it properly or integrated it particularly well.
If they are moving away then they should consider transferring previous editions imho.

Chris

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 29
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Wed May 08, 2019 7:18 pm

what-time-is-it wrote: In principle its a good idea, but I don't think they've tested it properly or integrated it particularly well.
If they are moving away then they should consider transferring previous editions imho.
I don't know what CW's plans are for this, and this topic/thread is the first I knew they are, or have, moved away from Issusi.

What I am able to tell you is that back copies of Loupe, and its forerunner the CW Magazine, will be available in the new CW Archives here on the forum.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C2 FLE |C3 Chrono |C4 |C5A MkI |C5 BOB LE |C6 |C7 MkII Harrier |C70 DBR1
C8 MkI |C8 Reg'tor MkII LE |C8 PR&M2.04LE |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C11 Mak Ext
C60 x5 |C60 SH21 x2 | C60 Chrono 300 & P'type |C65 Diver Khaki & P'type |C600 |C1000 |W7 BBMF

albionphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by albionphoto » Wed May 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Thanks for the links to Loupe 13. If I follow the normal path (CW website to CWorld to Loupe) I only see Loupe 12. Not sure what's gone wrong here. The page navigation and such are not as clear as Issu used to be. No doubt I'll figure it out. The first step is the link after all.
Mark
Muehle Glashutte, Omega, Oris and Christopher Ward.

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 146
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip » Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm

The new host format aside, if you go to "Magazine" on the top right of the website it takes you to "Request a Copy" it then gives you the option of signing up and/or " browse the digital version". It is currently showing the newest edition of Loupe.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

albionphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by albionphoto » Thu May 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Kip wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm
The new host format aside, if you go to "Magazine" on the top right of the website it takes you to "Request a Copy" it then gives you the option of signing up and/or " browse the digital version". It is currently showing the newest edition of Loupe.
Thanks Kip.
I confess that I seldom browse the outlying areas of a website once I have my routine fixed. I'll know what to look for in future.
I would suggest that the "browse the digital version" link be more prominent. I already receive the paper version but it takes a while to arrive in NJ. I look at the digital one to catch up with the high lights. I'm probably not alone in this. So having the link to the digital version more prominent and at or near the top of the "Magazine" page would certainly help. If you hadn't said that the link was on this page I might have missed it.
Cheers
Mark
Muehle Glashutte, Omega, Oris and Christopher Ward.

mvlow
Guru
Guru

Post by mvlow » Thu May 09, 2019 2:23 pm

Kip wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 pm
Thanks Kip. I would never have found that link without direction.
Malcolm

Essex Paul
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Essex Paul » Fri May 10, 2019 4:44 am

I have to read it online as I never receive a hard copy.
I’ve bought a watch and even subscribed/requested a copy through the website many many times.
Still don’t receive one.
Strange. :lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

WATCHWIZ
Junior
Junior

Post by WATCHWIZ » Fri May 10, 2019 7:21 am

I have received the last 3. Last one was without plastic bag protection and ended up as paper mache.

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by what-time-is-it » Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Navigation for Loupe on the CW website is now confusing.

It can be found on the top right sub-menu as 'Magazine', linking to a sign-up page with a further link to the latest version https://www.christopherward.co.uk/magazine (https://www.christopherward.co.uk/loupe13)

You are also directed to a different page via the main navigation 'CWorld' and 'Loupe Magazine' from the drop down sends you to https://www.christopherward.co.uk/cworl ... gazine-cat which is the archive editions with no mention of Loupe 13.

As mentioned earlier the new digital version of 13 is a step backwards in usability in my opinion.

Chris