What would you like to see next?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: What would you like to see next?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Jcalder68 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:14 pm Addition of a 3, 6, 9 and 12 would be the kipper’s knickers ;-)
Which would cause me to place my watchbox in the safety of my friend's garden shed...

...in Penzance!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:05 pm
StrappedUp wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:51 pm Just one of those mkIII GMTs in 40mm please :wave:
With a blue dial, orange GMT and "Orange Pepsi" bezel (Orange/Blue).

I made up the bezel, I think, but why not?? :lol:
I'll take one of those! Irn Bru edition 8)
Ryan
Amor Vincit Omnia

“Irn Bru” bezel, of course! Well done that man!
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

+1 for the 40mm explorer. I’d also like to see CW pushing boundaries with dial textures / colours. Watches like the C7 hornet, ombré etc. Perhaps a meteorite dial, or some out there colours like the green on the Halios Seaforth B.
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

This post has me thinking I’d like to see something inspired by or reminiscent of a classic tank style watch.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52058&p=773311#p773311
Drew
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

C60 Trident quartz with the same features as the automatic. And not a basic quartz movement but with automatic hand positioning, perpetual calendar, solar charging and atomic time sync or HAQ. Basically a Casio Oceanus features in a C60.
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

How about a digital (red LED) and analogue combination similar to the Omega Speedmaster Spacemaster Z33? Something totally different for CWL.

Cheers
Chris
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
PaulJS
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by PaulJS »

Not related to a specific style of watch but more to do with the ethos behind it:

I would like to see them initiate a motorsport model that has planned in longevity with the aim of building a heritage over the years - at the risk of getting laughed out of town, akin to the Speedmaster or Daytona.

By definition this will be a long term endeavour, but I feel that if they want to realistically push up into the £2K plus area of the market it can't be done by bringing out 'here today gone tomorrow ' flavour of the month models. They need to build a history behind a specific watch by allowing it to evolve over the years. This was happening with the Trident Pro but in my view they have, in one mighty leap, pretty much binned any historical connections through the number of changes made in the latest iteration. This is not to say that I don't like it.

Anyway, I digress. Back on topic, I think the brand needs to demonstrate it's maturity by starting to develop a core of mainstay models that can be seen to evolve and improve over the years.

Failing this I would like to see the following spec :

Case material: Unobtanium

Movement: Miniaturised nuclear fission reactor

Category: Dive / Aviation / Motorsport hybrid

Features: Built in SCUBA, / Parachute / Airbag & strap pretensioner

Logo at 12 O'clock (sorry, couldn't resist)

Retailing at <£499

What could be simpler?

Paul
The older I get the better I used to be

Trident Pro White / Blue
C4
Omega Speedmaster II LE
Omega Speedmaster II original-ish
Trident Pro Black/Blue
C70 VW4
C65 LE
C7 MK 1
Scurfa Diver One

Steinhart Ocean One 39
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

I'm with Frank- a long battery-life quartz diver with simple 3-hand or GMT HAQ movement in the new 40mm case.

Also a military-style auto along the lines of a Ranger.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Amor Vincit Omnia

PaulJS wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 am
What could be simpler?

Paul
Swimming the Pacific?

But to come back to your initial point, it's worth noting that a lot of the watches linked with great historical events were just fortunate to be there at the beginning.

I doubt whether the Speedmaster qua Moonwatch was in anyone's mind at Omega back in 1957. But after Schirra wore his on Mercury and NASA selected it out as the astronaut watch, they sure cashed in on it - and still do. Serendipity notwithstanding, they were already a leading global brand by 1963.

Similar with Eterna (the Kon-Tiki) in 1947 and Rolex/Smiths (Everest) in '53. AFAIK they just gave the guys a few watches in return for publicity should the venture prove successful. Nowadays they'd probably be required to bankroll the thing to the tune of tens of millions. Not so easy.
Steve

Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

StrappedUp wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:45 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:05 pm
StrappedUp wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:51 pm Just one of those mkIII GMTs in 40mm please :wave:
With a blue dial, orange GMT and "Orange Pepsi" bezel (Orange/Blue).

I made up the bezel, I think, but why not?? :lol:
I'll take one of those! Irn Bru edition 8)
Perfect, we’ve had coke and Pepsi so why not irn bru :clap:

Should be a good seller up here!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

PaulJS wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 am Not related to a specific style of watch but more to do with the ethos behind it:

I would like to see them initiate a motorsport model that has planned in longevity with the aim of building a heritage over the years - at the risk of getting laughed out of town, akin to the Speedmaster or Daytona.

By definition this will be a long term endeavour, but I feel that if they want to realistically push up into the £2K plus area of the market it can't be done by bringing out 'here today gone tomorrow ' flavour of the month models. They need to build a history behind a specific watch by allowing it to evolve over the years. This was happening with the Trident Pro but in my view they have, in one mighty leap, pretty much binned any historical connections through the number of changes made in the latest iteration. This is not to say that I don't like it.

Anyway, I digress. Back on topic, I think the brand needs to demonstrate it's maturity by starting to develop a core of mainstay models that can be seen to evolve and improve over the years.
I too would like to see a core of "classic" models - although at the end of the day the customers will decide.
PaulJS wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 am
Case material: Unobtanium

Movement: Miniaturised nuclear fission reactor

Category: Dive / Aviation / Motorsport hybrid

Features: Built in SCUBA, / Parachute / Airbag & strap pretensioner

Logo at 12 O'clock (sorry, couldn't resist)

Retailing at <£499

What could be simpler?

Paul
The spec sounds ok, but better they use Hydrogen cold fusion (some CW divers already have a Helium release valve) as with fission there is too much waste - though lume wouldn't be a problem - and the case would get hot enough that the quick adjust bracelet would not have enough range.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

CW have produced, to date, a couple of fine watches with TM-B Art Metal additions from notable Supermarine Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane WW2 aircraft.

How about something similar for an Avro Lancaster, perhaps one of the Dambuster aircraft, and rather than being a regular three hand watch use a bicompax Chrono movement?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
danielboone72
CW-watches: 1

Post by danielboone72 »

Christopher Ward are lucky to have Johannes Jahnke what he did with the moonphase brilliant. I'd let Johannes Jahnke run a mock. See if he can create an annual calendar affordable, then a perpetual. Also a show piece challenge, sunrise sunsets eclipses, moons of Jupiter.

When he's older really lay the gauntlet down is there any way to make a mechanical watch accurate to 1 second a month. Or a minute a year.

Daniel
Garmin Forerunner 745 - Sports
C600 GMT Black ChrWard - Travel
Junghans Max Bill Mega Atomic - Business
Linjer Mimalist Swiss Quartz (Kickstarter) - Dress
Bulova Luna Moon 262Khz
GrandDads watch restored
Pulsar Lithium 10 First watch fixed
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

danielboone72 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:08 pm Christopher Ward are lucky to have Johannes Jahnke what he did with the moonphase brilliant. I'd let Johannes Jahnke run a mock. See if he can create an annual calendar affordable, then a perpetual. Also a show piece challenge, sunrise sunsets eclipses, moons of Jupiter.

When he's older really lay the gauntlet down is there any way to make a mechanical watch accurate to 1 second a month. Or a minute a year.

Daniel
Unfortunately, JJ quit and joined Sellita, but his legacy lives on :respect:
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)