Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
GMT_plus_One
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 6:28 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Germany

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by GMT_plus_One » Sat May 04, 2019 12:39 pm

H0rati0 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:28 pm
Have to wait and see!

Seriously though, it depends on how well the 40mm sells (it's on trial for now) and whether it cannibalises sales from 38 & 42.
That makes sense.
I’ll be here, hoping for them to release more colors in 40mm then :D

Thank you for your reply :thumbup:

Florian

User avatar
H0rati0
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by H0rati0 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:13 pm

GMT_plus_One wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:39 pm
H0rati0 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:28 pm
Have to wait and see!

Seriously though, it depends on how well the 40mm sells (it's on trial for now) and whether it cannibalises sales from 38 & 42.
That makes sense.
I’ll be here, hoping for them to release more colors in 40mm then :D

Thank you for your reply :thumbup:

Florian
BTW, I forgot to mention that the dial on T3 is gloss finish, not matte. Maybe that helps too!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

GMT_plus_One
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 6:28 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Germany

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by GMT_plus_One » Sat May 04, 2019 9:02 pm

H0rati0 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:13 pm
BTW, I forgot to mention that the dial on T3 is gloss finish, not matte. Maybe that helps too!
Oh my, you’re absolutely right!
From all the pictures I’ve seen it had a rather matte look to me, but upon closer inspection it indeed is glossy.

I might have to give the black 40mm version a try sooner or later, as I’m on the hunt for an allrounder.
Right now that position would be filled by a Davosa Ternos, and as much as I love it I’d really love to get me something a little more original.

Thanks again Horatio!

Florian

User avatar
Robotaz
Guru
Guru
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:56 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Lexington, KY
Contact:

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by Robotaz » Sun May 05, 2019 1:20 am

Image

User avatar
H0rati0
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by H0rati0 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:54 am

Robotaz wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:20 am
Image
At 7 times the CW price (necessary to fund the Borg) while ceramic does not scratch easily, it shatters.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

0uatiOW
Guru
Guru
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:46 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Cambridgeshire

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by 0uatiOW » Sun May 05, 2019 10:47 am

I’d be betting on the 40mm being extended to other colours. For me the 38-43mm range of the MK2 was just about ok - each one at the extremity of what’s generally wearable for me. It’ll be too small for some, but 40mm would be exactly the right size for me, and I’m not alone.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.

GMT_plus_One
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 6:28 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Germany

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by GMT_plus_One » Sun May 05, 2019 12:56 pm

0uatiOW wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:47 am
I’d be betting on the 40mm being extended to other colours. For me the 38-43mm range of the MK2 was just about ok - each one at the extremity of what’s generally wearable for me. It’ll be too small for some, but 40mm would be exactly the right size for me, and I’m not alone.
That’s exactly what I’m thinking.

User avatar
Robotaz
Guru
Guru
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:56 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Lexington, KY
Contact:

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by Robotaz » Sun May 05, 2019 3:19 pm

H0rati0 wrote:
Robotaz wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:20 am
Image
At 7 times the CW price (necessary to fund the Borg) while ceramic does not scratch easily, it shatters.
I don’t doubt the CW value. I own two and love them. I’m pointing out the similarities; particularly the strap and bezel. I just saw this model in a wrist shot yesterday and was thinking, “wow the new Mk iii”

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1926
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by Mikkei4 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 pm

Robotaz wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:19 pm
H0rati0 wrote:
Robotaz wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:20 am
Image
At 7 times the CW price (necessary to fund the Borg) while ceramic does not scratch easily, it shatters.
I don’t doubt the CW value. I own two and love them. I’m pointing out the similarities; particularly the strap and bezel. I just saw this model in a wrist shot yesterday and was thinking, “wow the new Mk iii”
I thought it was another CW logo change when I first saw it ! :silent:
No, not really but it did take a second or 2 to click that it was the Omega.

User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: The right side of the Pennines

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by TigerChris » Mon May 06, 2019 12:01 am

Mikkei4 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 pm
Robotaz wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:19 pm
H0rati0 wrote:
At 7 times the CW price (necessary to fund the Borg) while ceramic does not scratch easily, it shatters.
I don’t doubt the CW value. I own two and love them. I’m pointing out the similarities; particularly the strap and bezel. I just saw this model in a wrist shot yesterday and was thinking, “wow the new Mk iii”
I thought it was another CW logo change when I first saw it ! :silent:
No, not really but it did take a second or 2 to click that it was the Omega.
If you think a Trident at 43mm is a big watch then try one of these on! They wear silly. One of my mates has one and it looks daft even on his 8 inch wrists in my opinion. Absolutely stunning watch, but wears much bigger than the 45.5mm would suggest.

Kido44
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by Kido44 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 pm

According to Christopher ward other colours in 40mm will be released in the next few months. One would guess blue will be amongst those colours.

User avatar
Devarika Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:53 pm
CW-watches: 9
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Contact:

Re: Trident Pro MK3 in Blue

Post by Devarika Woulf » Sun May 19, 2019 10:47 am

Kido44 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 pm
According to Christopher ward other colours in 40mm will be released in the next few months. One would guess blue will be amongst those colours.
Where did you hear this? Last we heard it was all dependent on the black 40mm's sales.
C3 Chrono | C20 Lido | C11 PVD | C5 Quartz | C5 Auto | C11 Makaira | C3 LE | Trident Pro | C3 FLE

Post Reply