C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mike2795647
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by Mike2795647 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:21 am

Devarika Woulf wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:44 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:07 am
Image
For the 42mm I think it's a small but very welcome improvement. :)
Agree, looks noticeable which is nice when side to side. I’m swaying more to the 42mm now over the 38mm so thanks for the comparison Bahnstormer.

A question for anyone who attended the Launch event or who has received one of the 42’s already, how does it seem with a smaller case, yet still having 22mm lugs. As well as case size and lug to lug, my final fear is that the strap will be to thick. Although I also assume that it’s less noticeable on a strap over a bracelet.

User avatar
eventhorizon
Senior
Senior
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:35 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by eventhorizon » Fri May 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:07 am
Image
Very interesting comparison and I wonder how 38 vs 38 compares now in terms of perceived or felt size and weight. Style-wise, this confirms for me that the MK3 is a clear step up. Granted, GMT vs Pro isn't quite a 1 to 1 comparison, but now that they've brought back the full GMT bezel, I'm more drawn to that. Tempted by the blue GMT as I still have my old red bezel Pro.
Eric

User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: The right side of the Pennines

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by TigerChris » Fri May 03, 2019 3:34 pm

I’ve just realised while looking at the website, no longer available to order on a regular rubber strap or leather? No leather option I can understand, but no regular rubber seems a little odd to me, or have I missed something while looking? I really like the hybrid strap, and will be ordering a black one - it’ll work fantastic on my GMT and Bremont MB2, but rubber takes some beating for pure convenience - get it dirty etc.. and just wipe it.

User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 19763
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 29
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Fri May 03, 2019 3:55 pm

Cordura is pretty resilient and wipe clean or washable too.

As far as I know CW are replacing the rubber strap with hybrid. Black rubber strap has not been available for some little while.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C2 FLE |C3 Chrono |C4 |C5A MkI |C5 BOB LE |C6 |C7 MkII Harrier |C70 DBR1
C8 MkI |C8 Reg'tor MkII LE |C8 PR&M2.04LE |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C11 Mak Ext
C60 x5 |C60 SH21 x2 | C60 Chrono 300 & P'type |C65 Diver Khaki & P'type |C600 |C1000 |W7 BBMF

McDaWisel
Senior
Senior
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by McDaWisel » Fri May 03, 2019 4:02 pm

I find the rubber strap a lot more comfortable than the hybrid. Might be because the Hybrid is brand new and still needs to be broken in, but not sure how much you can break in rubber? (As in the rubber part of the Hybrid strap)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackdog
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Netherlands

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by Blackdog » Fri May 03, 2019 4:10 pm

McDaWisel wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:02 pm
I find the rubber strap a lot more comfortable than the hybrid. Might be because the Hybrid is brand new and still needs to be broken in, but not sure how much you can break in rubber? (As in the rubber part of the Hybrid strap)
I guess what needs breaking in is the cordura and the stitching to the rubber base. The rubber itself should not be the cause for the band being stiff.

I bought a couple of these hybrid straps that will receive hopefully next week.

User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: The right side of the Pennines

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by TigerChris » Fri May 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:55 pm
Cordura is pretty resilient and wipe clean or washable too.

As far as I know CW are replacing the rubber strap with hybrid. Black rubber strap has not been available for some little while.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
I like cordura, but it’s not as easy to wipe clean as rubber - dirt getting in the ‘weave’ etc.. Plus it doesn’t dry instant with a wipe off. Both have their place, in fact I’ve ordered one now, I’m just a little surprised that the cordura is a replacement, not an addition. Not a deal breaker in anyway though as good rubber straps are easy to get hold of. An integrated rubber option would have been fantastic.

Blackdog
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Netherlands

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by Blackdog » Fri May 03, 2019 4:18 pm

I have to say that the new hands are growing on me.

I started with completely disliking them. Now I kinda think they do look OK and more modern than the older design.

I have a new GMT on order and am really looking forward to checking it in the metal, and see how the hands match the brush/polish theme of the markers.

Mike2795647
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by Mike2795647 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Blackdog wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:10 pm
McDaWisel wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:02 pm
I find the rubber strap a lot more comfortable than the hybrid. Might be because the Hybrid is brand new and still needs to be broken in, but not sure how much you can break in rubber? (As in the rubber part of the Hybrid strap)
I guess what needs breaking in is the cordura and the stitching to the rubber base. The rubber itself should not be the cause for the band being stiff.

I bought a couple of these hybrid straps that will receive hopefully next week.
Which hybrid strap did you get if you don’t mind me asking, I’m swaying towards ordering the blue 42mm and trying to get the blue and orange strap as an extra one. Not sure if CW will allow it when they receive the order so curious as to what other people have managed to order

McDaWisel
Senior
Senior
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by McDaWisel » Fri May 03, 2019 7:48 pm

I went with orange and blue. Since you pay full price for the spare strap, you can just add it manually to the cart form the straps section...

User avatar
H0rati0
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 857
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by H0rati0 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:26 am

McDaWisel wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:48 pm
I went with orange and blue. Since you pay full price for the spare strap, you can just add it manually to the cart form the straps section...
Could you enlighten me please, do these corduras taper or is the buckle end the same as the lug width (ie 22mm lug = 22mm buckle)? Thanks!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

McDaWisel
Senior
Senior
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by McDaWisel » Sat May 04, 2019 9:27 am

Measured yesterday :-)
22mm lug tapers to 20mm buckle


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
H0rati0
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 857
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by H0rati0 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 am

McDaWisel wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:27 am
Measured yesterday :-)
22mm lug tapers to 20mm buckle


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheers, good to know! I do wish CW would specify these things on the website - many of us muck about with straps and buckles....as they well know.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22311
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: Yes
Location: UK

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by downer » Sat May 04, 2019 1:17 pm

H0rati0 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 am
McDaWisel wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:27 am
Measured yesterday :-)
22mm lug tapers to 20mm buckle


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheers, good to know! I do wish CW would specify these things on the website - many of us muck about with straps and buckles....as they well know.
I completely agree. CW has improved the website information over time, including things such as lug-to-lug and weight information, but the strap section could use some improvements - including the taper.
Richard

McDaWisel
Senior
Senior
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by McDaWisel » Sat May 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Agreed. What will help is emailing them or using the chat on the website to ask questions.

I recognize the support system they are using and I know it will give them stats on the most frequent support queries, so that they can reduce support costs... that’s also usually the best way to learn about common repair issues in their products. I am sure they don’t want to waste their support team’s time on things that could be done via the website.

Post Reply