Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by Mike2795647 »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:44 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:07 amImage
For the 42mm I think it's a small but very welcome improvement. :)
Agree, looks noticeable which is nice when side to side. I’m swaying more to the 42mm now over the 38mm so thanks for the comparison Bahnstormer.

A question for anyone who attended the Launch event or who has received one of the 42’s already, how does it seem with a smaller case, yet still having 22mm lugs. As well as case size and lug to lug, my final fear is that the strap will be to thick. Although I also assume that it’s less noticeable on a strap over a bracelet.
eventhorizon
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by eventhorizon »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:07 amImage
Very interesting comparison and I wonder how 38 vs 38 compares now in terms of perceived or felt size and weight. Style-wise, this confirms for me that the MK3 is a clear step up. Granted, GMT vs Pro isn't quite a 1 to 1 comparison, but now that they've brought back the full GMT bezel, I'm more drawn to that. Tempted by the blue GMT as I still have my old red bezel Pro.
Eric
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

I’ve just realised while looking at the website, no longer available to order on a regular rubber strap or leather? No leather option I can understand, but no regular rubber seems a little odd to me, or have I missed something while looking? I really like the hybrid strap, and will be ordering a black one - it’ll work fantastic on my GMT and Bremont MB2, but rubber takes some beating for pure convenience - get it dirty etc.. and just wipe it.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Cordura is pretty resilient and wipe clean or washable too.

As far as I know CW are replacing the rubber strap with hybrid. Black rubber strap has not been available for some little while.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

I find the rubber strap a lot more comfortable than the hybrid. Might be because the Hybrid is brand new and still needs to be broken in, but not sure how much you can break in rubber? (As in the rubber part of the Hybrid strap)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Blackdog »

McDaWisel wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:02 pm I find the rubber strap a lot more comfortable than the hybrid. Might be because the Hybrid is brand new and still needs to be broken in, but not sure how much you can break in rubber? (As in the rubber part of the Hybrid strap)
I guess what needs breaking in is the cordura and the stitching to the rubber base. The rubber itself should not be the cause for the band being stiff.

I bought a couple of these hybrid straps that will receive hopefully next week.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:55 pm Cordura is pretty resilient and wipe clean or washable too.

As far as I know CW are replacing the rubber strap with hybrid. Black rubber strap has not been available for some little while.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
I like cordura, but it’s not as easy to wipe clean as rubber - dirt getting in the ‘weave’ etc.. Plus it doesn’t dry instant with a wipe off. Both have their place, in fact I’ve ordered one now, I’m just a little surprised that the cordura is a replacement, not an addition. Not a deal breaker in anyway though as good rubber straps are easy to get hold of. An integrated rubber option would have been fantastic.
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Blackdog »

I have to say that the new hands are growing on me.

I started with completely disliking them. Now I kinda think they do look OK and more modern than the older design.

I have a new GMT on order and am really looking forward to checking it in the metal, and see how the hands match the brush/polish theme of the markers.
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

Blackdog wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:10 pm
McDaWisel wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:02 pm I find the rubber strap a lot more comfortable than the hybrid. Might be because the Hybrid is brand new and still needs to be broken in, but not sure how much you can break in rubber? (As in the rubber part of the Hybrid strap)
I guess what needs breaking in is the cordura and the stitching to the rubber base. The rubber itself should not be the cause for the band being stiff.

I bought a couple of these hybrid straps that will receive hopefully next week.
Which hybrid strap did you get if you don’t mind me asking, I’m swaying towards ordering the blue 42mm and trying to get the blue and orange strap as an extra one. Not sure if CW will allow it when they receive the order so curious as to what other people have managed to order
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

I went with orange and blue. Since you pay full price for the spare strap, you can just add it manually to the cart form the straps section...
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

McDaWisel wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:48 pm I went with orange and blue. Since you pay full price for the spare strap, you can just add it manually to the cart form the straps section...
Could you enlighten me please, do these corduras taper or is the buckle end the same as the lug width (ie 22mm lug = 22mm buckle)? Thanks!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Measured yesterday :-)
22mm lug tapers to 20mm buckle

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

McDaWisel wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:27 am Measured yesterday :-)

cheers, good to know! I do wish CW would specify these things on the website - many of us muck about with straps and buckles....as they well know.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
downer

Post by downer »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 am
McDaWisel wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:27 am Measured yesterday :-)

cheers, good to know! I do wish CW would specify these things on the website - many of us muck about with straps and buckles....as they well know.
I completely agree. CW has improved the website information over time, including things such as lug-to-lug and weight information, but the strap section could use some improvements - including the taper.
Richard
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Agreed. What will help is emailing them or using the chat on the website to ask questions.

I recognize the support system they are using and I know it will give them stats on the most frequent support queries, so that they can reduce support costs... that’s also usually the best way to learn about common repair issues in their products. I am sure they don’t want to waste their support team’s time on things that could be done via the website.