C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JenningsPC

C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT

Post by JenningsPC » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:46 am

My Trident C60 Pro 600 GMT has exceeded my expectations, it has been a pleasure to wear. So far the watch is proving to be very accurate for a non chronometer watch based on comparing the watch with the airplane’s GPS clock.

So I wear a GMT watch for work, however, I must admit that I would wear a GMT watch even if I did not travel for a living. You have to admit, they are just cool watches. Therefore it is not surprising I have gravitated in this direction for my first two significant watch purchases since deciding to collect watches. The driving force behind selecting the Christopher Ward GMT diver was to own a quality mid-range watch that represented outstanding value, quality, and its classic design that would stand up to the test of time.

My intentions are to wear this watch in rotation for work but more importantly it’s going to be my primary utility watch. I am confident it will stand up the challenges of my active lifestyle. My C.W. watch will accompany me when traveling regardless if its the primary watch I wear for work that week. This evening I retired my Omega Seamaster GMT for the night and I wore my new C.W. to the gym and out to dinner, and I must admit I am enjoying having two watches with me. It’s a luxury I never thought I would have deemed important.

Ok so the watch is great but here are a two things I wish were different.

1. I would have preferred a classic GMT bezel. I realize the watch is pulling double duty as a diver and a GMT watch so I can live with it. Having said that, if C.W. ever offered a classic GMT replacement bezel option I would gladly send my watch back to be retrofitted.

2. I would have liked it better if there was a jumping hour hand to reset the time when crossing time zones , but I realize that the watch’s price point has limitations so I am not complaining, only that I would be willing to pay for the upgraded movement.

On the flip side, here is a partial list of a few things I love about this watch:

1. The distinctive teardrop hour hand and sword minute hand.

2. The trident counter balance on the second hand.

3. The dials wave pattern that is similar to my Omega.

4. The rich burgundy red bezel.

5. Trident and wave pattern engraved case back.

6. Quality of the overall finish.

7. Framed date aperture.

When the opportunity presents itself I will post more pictures of my new watch.
Attachments
IMG_2420.jpg

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 29
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Wonderful write up and observations on your Trident GMT, and great to here that it is put to good use on a daily basis with your work.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C2 FLE |C3 Chrono |C4 |C5A MkI |C5 BOB LE |C6 |C7 MkII Harrier |C7 Chrono
C8 MkI |C8 Reg'tor MkII LE |C8 PR&M2.04LE |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C11 Mak Ext
C60 x5 |C60 SH21 x2 | C60 Chrono 300&P'type |C65 Diver Khaki & P'type |C600 |C1000 |W7 BBMF