C65 GMT vs Automatic Bezel

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JenningsPC

Re: C65 GMT vs Automatic Bezel

Post by JenningsPC » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Welcome and for what its worth I am new to watch collecting myself.

The best advice has already been dispensed above with regard to selecting a watch to purchase. You will never go wrong following your own decision process arriving at the watch that will give you the most pleasure to wear. I am not new to owning a nice watch, mostly entry level luxury watches, but its safe to say I have never come close owning an aspirational watch. Where I am going with this is I have never worried about the consequences of daily wear, repairs can be made, its only "stuff", and finally these are not museum pieces. They are made to be worn! Buy this watch and future watches based on how you want to shape your collection and what watch you find to be most desirable and pleasing.

Since this a conversation I will throw out my two cents worth. I love GMT watches because of their utilitarian function, and more recently I have come to appreciate their engineering and history. The GMT complication is obviously useful for traveling across time zones but also for tracking time zones of other people. In addition, GMT watches are just cool to look at.

I just purchased my first C.W. watch this past month. I ultimately selected the C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT over the C65 GMT. The decision to buy this watch came down to its robust water resistance since I do scuba dive when on vacation. It was not an easy decision but I enjoyed the process and now that I am wearing my new C60, I love it. The C65 GMT is absolutely gorgeous. It will not be my next watch I purchase but it will certainly be a watch the graces my modest collection at some point soon thereafter. Honestly, the C65 will be after my next watch purchase. So its number two for landing behind a non-GMT watch I want.

I hope you enjoy your new C.W. watch. You can not go wrong with any C.W., its the best watch brand I had never heard of!

diciannove79
CW-watches: 0

Post by diciannove79 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:43 pm

nauf wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:48 am
Welcome!

I own both C65 models, Automatic and GMT. All I can say is that they are great watches. The bezels are not easily scratched since they have got protection from the raised sapphire crystal glass. Go for the one that you love to wear the most, in this case, you prefer an automatic version. My automatic model is in blue dial and bezel but the black one looks much better. It blends with rodium vintage lume really well.
Thanks for sharing! I'm leaning toward the black dial and metal bracelet, so it was great to hear your thoughts on it. I love the combination! Plus, since it's going to be my daily watch, I think it would work well for both work and casual settings.

diciannove79
CW-watches: 0

Post by diciannove79 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:49 pm

JenningsPC wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:56 pm
Welcome and for what its worth I am new to watch collecting myself.

The best advice has already been dispensed above with regard to selecting a watch to purchase. You will never go wrong following your own decision process arriving at the watch that will give you the most pleasure to wear. I am not new to owning a nice watch, mostly entry level luxury watches, but its safe to say I have never come close owning an aspirational watch. Where I am going with this is I have never worried about the consequences of daily wear, repairs can be made, its only "stuff", and finally these are not museum pieces. They are made to be worn! Buy this watch and future watches based on how you want to shape your collection and what watch you find to be most desirable and pleasing.

Since this a conversation I will throw out my two cents worth. I love GMT watches because of their utilitarian function, and more recently I have come to appreciate their engineering and history. The GMT complication is obviously useful for traveling across time zones but also for tracking time zones of other people. In addition, GMT watches are just cool to look at.

I just purchased my first C.W. watch this past month. I ultimately selected the C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT over the C65 GMT. The decision to buy this watch came down to its robust water resistance since I do scuba dive when on vacation. It was not an easy decision but I enjoyed the process and now that I am wearing my new C60, I love it. The C65 GMT is absolutely gorgeous. It will not be my next watch I purchase but it will certainly be a watch the graces my modest collection at some point soon thereafter. Honestly, the C65 will be after my next watch purchase. So its number two for landing behind a non-GMT watch I want.

I hope you enjoy your new C.W. watch. You can not go wrong with any C.W., its the best watch brand I had never heard of!
Thanks JenningsPC! Really appreciate your advice as well. I agree that GMTs are very cool to look at! In fact, my dream would be the C65 automatic dial with a GMT hand ... though perhaps it would be too busy! :lol: