Discuss Christopher Ward watches
hsukirk
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 0

Re: Open evening at CW tower

Post by hsukirk » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:12 pm

Was wondering who might be going ?

I haven't received the invite but am not too far away from there tmr evening. Tempted to just pop in...

Essex Paul
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Essex Paul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Thegreyman wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:35 pm
Essex Paul wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:22 pm
Wonder what the criteria was.

I’m obviously not very high on their list having bought a £1700 piece only for it to end up back at CW just 8 weeks later broken.
Probably knew I would have a little moan and wouldn’t be buying anything. :lol:

20% off though. Impressed.
You're definitely on the blacklist Paul!

Seriously though, 20% off is a nice incentive if you were planning to buy one of the more expensive pieces, plus a chance to try before you buy.

:lol:
I do hope my first CW Is satisfactorily repaired with no further problems as I do intend to purchase a second CW and have a C65 diver or auto in mind.
20% off would be handy!
May go to CW towers again and beg. Got 10% off last time.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:33 pm

If anybody is going I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear about the evening and see photos.

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 29
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:07 am

@MadG - were you able to get along to CW Towers yesterday evening or were you waylaid by your training course?

Reports over on the CWE group from several gents who attended and lots of pictures of watches.

Several purchases were made including a C7 Hornet prototype and it was mentioned that there are three C7 Apex still available.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C2 FLE |C3 Chrono |C4 |C5A MkI |C5 BOB LE |C6 |C7 MkII Harrier |C7 Chrono
C8 MkI |C8 Reg'tor MkII LE |C8 PR&M2.04LE |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC |C11 Mak Ext
C60 x5 |C60 SH21 x2 | C60 Chrono 300&P'type |C65 Diver Khaki & P'type |C600 |C1000 |W7 BBMF

Fraserlees
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Fraserlees » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:44 am

i got an invite and would have loved to go but just a little bit far for me to manage after work...

MadG
Senior
Senior

Post by MadG » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:13 pm

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:07 am
@MadG - were you able to get along to CW Towers yesterday evening or were you waylaid by your training course
Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
Indeed I was able to attend the open evening yesterday, actually I was the first one :D
I got my trident GMT checked from the experts and I was assured the smooth winding is exactly how it is supposed to be.
There were a few gents who came along a little later and someone recognised me by this thread when I introduced myself.
There was a girl as well who was wearing a trident 38mm white and I was a little surprised as I was not expecting a lady to show up.
I asked Chris about the new mk3 tridents and can we have a sneak preview which he was willing to but then said 'they are locked and the key is with someone else' :-k
Anyways I did not any photos but it was nice to say hello and meet other CW fans.

Jcalder68
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Jcalder68 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:39 pm

I was hoping to attend. I did get the email invite, but working hours and a drive of a good couple of hours (M25 at rush hour, no thank you very much!) did put the dampeners on my plans a bit.

I think it was a great idea though. The showroom is a lovely place to relax and try the range of watches as it is, but chuck in a small crowd all talking watches, a few refreshments and a decent reduction of prices and I am gutted not to have been able to attend.

I’m hoping another similar event will be arranged in the future.

C
CW Watches (To Date): C60 Pro 300, C60 Pro 600 Vintage, C65 GMT, C65 Diver Auto, C65 Diver Manual
Others (To Date): Sinn 104, Seiko SNA411, G-Shock

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:54 pm

Jcalder68 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:39 pm
I was hoping to attend. I did get the email invite, but working hours and a drive of a good couple of hours (M25 at rush hour, no thank you very much!) did put the dampeners on my plans a bit.

I think it was a great idea though. The showroom is a lovely place to relax and try the range of watches as it is, but chuck in a small crowd all talking watches, a few refreshments and a decent reduction of prices and I am gutted not to have been able to attend.

I’m hoping another similar event will be arranged in the future.

C
... and that I get an invitation.

helicopter pat
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 11

Post by helicopter pat » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:15 am

I was at the open evening on Thursday. it was good meeting up with everyone who turned up, some made a fair trip to be there. Talking to Olivia it was literally thought up earlier in the week after some customers said they would like to visit but work prevented normal business hours.It was a success with a good turnout and a lot of purchases made. I had a good one to one chat with Chris in the pub afterwards and he listened to what I had to say about things that could be done to make the customer service experience better, he is already in the process of implimenting improvements. Chris is a real gent and l think a perfect figurehead for the company. The staff really looked after us and I managed to get my C60 Bronze regulated by the lads in the workshop with a step by step explanation. I might get a bit of a reputation as I was almost first to CW Towers & last to leave, then first in pub & last to leave. Just need to wait now for my purchase from the secret drawers to be checked over and sent out. I would recomend a visit to anyone because you are rearly made to feel special and nothing is too much trouble for Declan and the rest of the staff.
Thanks again to the staff for an enjoyable experience, untill the next time.

DerekB

Post by DerekB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:06 am

I made the journey from Bristol on Thursday and was very glad I made the effort. The staff were amazing, really friendly and made everyone feel welcome. I had one of my C60 Trident 300s regulated and it’s only gaining 0.3 seconds per month, which is amazingly accurate
Managed to get some one-on-one time with Chris in the workshop after asking advice about switching straps on my C7 Rapide
I was in the process of buying my second C60 300 Chrono when I spotted an Apex on the bench...and oh my god was it beautiful!! So much nicer in the flesh than in the photos, and it looked stunning in the photos!!
Apparently it was ordered but not bought by the customer (I forget why!) and so was the last one remaining and hadn’t even been put back on the website yet
I thought long and hard (well, for 20mins anyway!) but eventually decided that 20% discount was too good an opportunity to pass up!
I wore it for the drive home and it’s barely been off my wrist since!!
All in all a great evening and a real pleasure to meet the team, definitely looking forward to attending the Bristol get together in October

Oh, and it might not be the best of pics, but here is Apex no 45 in all its glory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcalder68
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Jcalder68 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:06 pm

DerekB wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:06 am
I made the journey from Bristol on Thursday and was very glad I made the effort. The staff were amazing, really friendly and made everyone feel welcome. I had one of my C60 Trident 300s regulated and it’s only gaining 0.3 seconds per month, which is amazingly accurate
Managed to get some one-on-one time with Chris in the workshop after asking advice about switching straps on my C7 Rapide
I was in the process of buying my second C60 300 Chrono when I spotted an Apex on the bench...and oh my god was it beautiful!! So much nicer in the flesh than in the photos, and it looked stunning in the photos!!
Apparently it was ordered but not bought by the customer (I forget why!) and so was the last one remaining and hadn’t even been put back on the website yet
I thought long and hard (well, for 20mins anyway!) but eventually decided that 20% discount was too good an opportunity to pass up!
I wore it for the drive home and it’s barely been off my wrist since!!
All in all a great evening and a real pleasure to meet the team, definitely looking forward to attending the Bristol get together in October

Oh, and it might not be the best of pics, but here is Apex no 45 in all its glory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Forum, and what a cracker of a watch to upload on your first post!
I saw one of the sample versions of this when I first visited the showroom a while back. It was way too big for me, but I was blown away by the engineering that was visible and on show.
So good to see CW pushing the boat out with some special edition models.
Enjoy,

C
CW Watches (To Date): C60 Pro 300, C60 Pro 600 Vintage, C65 GMT, C65 Diver Auto, C65 Diver Manual
Others (To Date): Sinn 104, Seiko SNA411, G-Shock