Story Of A New Watch - It’s Not An Explorer, But It’s Certainly Been On A Journey

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Re: Story Of A New Watch - It’s Not An Explorer, But It’s Certainly Been On A Journey

Post by TPS10 »

Thank you to the few of you that responded, a couple of assumptions confirmed, a couple of new thoughts, but still some unanswered questions. All a learning process and I’m starting to understand this forum a bit more all the time and what can and cannot be discussed. I’ll can’t promise to fall in line all the time, I will try, but remember denial is the first sign of guilt!

And just a little update for anyone interested, I emailed the CSM again on the 4th April and a whole month, 4 phone calls & 3 emails later, have I received a response? You probably know the answer, but I’ll whisper it quietly, so as not to upset or offend anyone.........................no.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Story Of A New Watch - It’s Not An Explorer, But It’s Certainly Been On A Journey

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TPS10 wrote:.....

And just a little update for anyone interested, I emailed the CSM again on the 4th April and a whole month, 4 phone calls & 3 emails later, have I received a response? You probably know the answer, but I’ll whisper it quietly, so as not to upset or offend anyone.........................no.
Have you got a correct timeline here?

4th April to today is six days not "a whole month" or am I reading it incorrectly?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TPS10
Senior
Senior

Post by TPS10 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:55 pm

4th April to today is six days not "a whole month" or am I reading it incorrectly?

Guy

Yes you’ve read it incorrectly. My first message was left on the 5th March, so over a month. 3 further phone messages and 3 emails in that time too, all not been responded to as yet.
Bahnstormer_vRS

TPS10 wrote:

Guy

Yes you’ve read it incorrectly. My first message was left on the 5th March, so over a month. 3 further phone messages and 3 emails in that time too, all not been responded to as yet.
Ah, got it.

But why did you write 4th April and not 5th March?

Guy

TPS10
Senior
Senior

Post by TPS10 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:09 pm
TPS10 wrote:

Guy

Ah, got it.

But why did you write 4th April and not 5th March?

Guy

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear, but I wrote “I emailed the CSM again on the 4th April”. This was in addition to the original post where I mentioned I’d left telephone messages on the 5th March, 6th March, 7th March, 8th March, and also sent emails on 7th March, 14th March and now 4th April. All still unanswered.
Bahnstormer_vRS

Thanks for the clarification.

Guy

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

TPS10 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:50 pm Thank you to the few of you that responded, a couple of assumptions confirmed, a couple of new thoughts, but still some unanswered questions. All a learning process and I’m starting to understand this forum a bit more all the time and what can and cannot be discussed. I’ll can’t promise to fall in line all the time, I will try, but remember denial is the first sign of guilt!

You can discuss anything and certainly no need to fall in line! :)

Out of interest what are your unanswered questions?

Disappointing you haven’t heard from CW. I would have thought they would have wanted to keep you onside, in view of the data breach that you mentioned in your initial post. :silent:

Suggest you email Mike France direct, rather than CS.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Suggest you visit the Manchester GTG later this month!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Deployant Dave
Junior
Junior

Post by Deployant Dave »

This is a very sorry tale of woe.
TPS10
Senior
Senior

Post by TPS10 »

nbg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:26 pm
TPS10 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:50 pm Thank you to the few of you that responded, a couple of assumptions confirmed, a couple of new thoughts, but still some unanswered questions. All a learning process and I’m starting to understand this forum a bit more all the time and what can and cannot be discussed. I’ll can’t promise to fall in line all the time, I will try, but remember denial is the first sign of guilt!

You can discuss anything and certainly no need to fall in line! :)

Out of interest what are your unanswered questions?

Disappointing you haven’t heard from CW. I would have thought they would have wanted to keep you onside, in view of the data breach that you mentioned in your initial post. :silent:

Suggest you email Mike France direct, rather than CS.

Neil
That’s a very good question, I’ve almost forgotten myself! I think it’s more that he said he’d call me to discuss my situation and after I’ve made 7 attempts of contact, I’ve still not had a response. It’s more a case of principle now rather than anything specific and that’s why I haven’t relentlessly pursued the issue. Thank you for the suggestion, but I don’t want to involve a Mike France, that isn’t required in this case.

Edit: I’ve just realised I probably answered a different question to the one you actually asked! It’s late and I’ve had a long day, so let me try and answer the question that I think you’re asking, in as few words as possible.

If I’m honest I was really disappointed that (BJH) Brian’s kind gesture was not more appreciated and recognised, which left me wondering why? There have been a few decent suggestions as to why, all completely plausible and probably in some cases wholly accurate. But I do wonder whether the negative comments in the post has stopped some people from commenting on it so as not to draw attention to it. I do question whether I should have done two different posts, so as not to include Brian’s act in a post that also included negative comments. All just thoughts that are going through me head!
TPS10
Senior
Senior

Post by TPS10 »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 pm Suggest you visit the Manchester GTG later this month!
I was thinking of doing so, purely to see the new Trident MKIII, but it’s the wrong end of the country for me.
TPS10
Senior
Senior

Post by TPS10 »

Deployant Dave wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:48 pm This is a very sorry tale of woe.
It’s not really that bad, it is only a watch after all. I know you’re considering a Trident yourself and I would 100% say go for it. You will honestly not be disappointed with the quality of the watch. I have 4 Tridents of differing styles myself and love them all and wouldn’t be surprised if I add a 5th in the coming months.
Deployant Dave
Junior
Junior

Post by Deployant Dave »

I appreciate your confidence in the brand despite all this. Scrolling through a few older threads there seems to be a recurring theme about quality and customer service issues. If I'm to spend £750 or so on a watch I'd rather not risk buying a dud and then having an issue with its return. Of all the watches I've owned before I've never had an issue with any of them. I may well take a punt though, will see.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I've read through the original post again and I'm still a bit confused.

You have written "Me phoning 4 days running, sending 2 emails and still to this day not having received an acknowledgment or response to any of them."

but then write

"I will balance this by saying everyone I did speak to at CW we’re very polite, knew who I was, said they’d take action, but I never had confidence that it would happen, which brings me on to my next character....."

So who have you actually spoken to and emailed, who are you waiting for to contact you and what "action" specifically do you want them to take?

Is it Scott the CSM who you want to discuss with the original bracelet error and the incorrect delivery of your watch and personal data to the other side of the world? If it is and he's not responding then write directly or better still telephone and be bloody assertive that you have a major complaint that nobody in CW is listening to or replying to and so politely tell them that only a conversation directly with Chris Ward will conclude this matter.

Now to your other major point in your original and follow up post - My personal reading of the way you posed your question re. lack of applause for Brian and D's actions was that is was loaded to infer the presence of "cliques" in the Forum where only the long standing members of the Forum are in the "cliques" and only they give or receive congratulations for their actions.

There are no cliques, no subject that can't be discussed or brought attention to and no requirement for anybody to "fall in line". On this Forum good and bad are told as it is.

I too have recently had incorrect information given to me concerning bracelets and also received incorrect bracelets because of this so I believe that some of the "pick and despatch" staff need some further training about matching bracelets and watches but I dealt with that by emails and phone calls until I got what I originally ordered.

To balance that it was the first time I've experienced poor service from CW in 6 years of buying several of their products.

Yes you deserve a conversation with someone at CSM level or above with an explanation and apology for what happened. IMO you are not talking to the right people for the "action to be taken" so go higher or just forget it and move on.
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

A sorry tale indeed, particularly as it may well be that the brushed bracelets that now come on all existing C60s would fit your C65. If that was the case it is surprising that one was not available when you sent it in, or that CW would have at least been aware that some were coming in.

I’ve been really impressed with the Customer Service from CW in the past, particularly Scott, but it does seem to have taken a bit of a nosedive recently (both from personal experience and from reading the tales of woe on this forum). Hopefully a short term blip but it be interesting to hear the owners’ views if the question is asked at the GTG.

Still on a positive note you’ve ended up with a fabulous watch, which looks great on that bracelet and met two superheroes along the way.
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard