C65 Trident GMT - Pepsi

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: C65 Trident GMT - Pepsi

Post by MiniMpi »

Gafer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 pm Just ordered mine on Saturday. They don't ship until the end of March but I have no doubt it'll be worth the wait as was my Trident Pro I purchased several years ago. I had been looking HARD at the Tudor Black Bay GMT but at $3,900 USD I just couldn't make the jump. Then I see this new GMT on Christopher Ward's Instagram at 1/4 the price of the Tudor and after a little research I was sold. Yes, there are some differences between the watches (Tudor has a screw-down crown and thus a higher dive rating. It also has a bi-directional bezel, 70 hours power reserve and is COSC). However, where the CW is the obvious winner is the price. Did I mention the Tudor is 4 times as much? The CW is also thinner (12mm vs 14.6mm) to say nothing of the micro-adjust bracelet not found on the Tudor. I was also never really a fan of the "snowflake" hands. So yes, I bought the CW and couldn't be more excited. If it's not the watch for you I get it but for someone that has wanted a GMT watch for quite some years it's a steal.
Well done !
Looking forward to the photos when it arrives.
KevinB
Senior
Senior

Post by KevinB »

Gafer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 pm If it's not the watch for you I get it but for someone that has wanted a GMT watch for quite some years it's a steal.
It is for sure!! That was the biggest reason for my C60 GMT 3 years ago - nothing else can compete on value in my book and the new C65 pricing is superb on that price to value ratio. I'm hoping to see the C65 GMT for real and see what that does to my opinion. As they start to arrive the new pictures might sway me or perhaps my next trip to London I can persuade my wife that a side trip to Maidenhead is needed.
blalonde369

Post by blalonde369 »

I am in love with the 3 version of the C65 GMT
Freddie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Freddie »

Was there a reason why CW didn’t make the bezel with the same material (zirconia (ZrO2) ceramic) as the C60?

Is it too small or is it because it’s bi-colour?

Either way it’s a lovely watch, but with the ceramic bezel I’d have bought it instantly!
I am not quite sure what to put here, my name is my handle :problem:
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Freddie wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:07 pm Was there a reason why CW didn’t make the bezel with the same material (zirconia (ZrO2) ceramic) as the C60?

Is it too small or is it because it’s bi-colour?

Either way it’s a lovely watch, but with the ceramic bezel I’d have bought it instantly!
I imagine it's because it's a "vintage inspired" piece.
Steve.
Freddie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Freddie »

Fair point, Steve. :thumbup:
I am not quite sure what to put here, my name is my handle :problem:
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

Gafer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 pm Just ordered mine on Saturday. They don't ship until the end of March but I have no doubt it'll be worth the wait as was my Trident Pro I purchased several years ago. I had been looking HARD at the Tudor Black Bay GMT but at $3,900 USD I just couldn't make the jump. Then I see this new GMT on Christopher Ward's Instagram at 1/4 the price of the Tudor and after a little research I was sold. Yes, there are some differences between the watches (Tudor has a screw-down crown and thus a higher dive rating. It also has a bi-directional bezel, 70 hours power reserve and is COSC). However, where the CW is the obvious winner is the price. Did I mention the Tudor is 4 times as much? The CW is also thinner (12mm vs 14.6mm) to say nothing of the micro-adjust bracelet not found on the Tudor. I was also never really a fan of the "snowflake" hands. So yes, I bought the CW and couldn't be more excited. If it's not the watch for you I get it but for someone that has wanted a GMT watch for quite some years it's a steal.
Congratulations, It is a nice looking watch.

I actually own the Black Bay GMT & can tell you it is a fantastic watch & gets more wrist time than my Sub, but I understand what you are saying about the price as its not a cheap watch.

I am sure you will be very happy with CW GMT & if I hadn't bought the Black Bay I may have been tempted myself.
Don't forget the pictures when you receive it.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Wolfman53
Senior
Senior

Post by Wolfman53 »

Really looking forward to a few photos and reviews from buyers of the pepsi C65 GMT. It will probably be my next purchase.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gafer
Junior
Junior

Post by Gafer »

Mine arrived yesterday. Amazing shipping speed. I ordered it on Saturday and it’s in hand in the U.S. by Friday. Wow! I’m attempting to attach a photo but will take and post more later. Packaging, for those interested in such things, was also incredible. No crumpled box corners for sure. The crystal is raised slightly and perfectly flat but as you look at the watch my eye perceives it as slightly domed. Hands are easy to read. More later.
Attachments
E22A0E7E-9D0A-4933-901C-4243D6435DE0.jpeg
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations !!
I NEED one of these badly.
Rick86410

Post by Rick86410 »

Very nice watch very retro I like it
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Saw one in the wild. In Waitrose - on the back of the current issue of Private Eye. :)
6FE66861-439E-4349-B62E-A8E85660FB00.jpeg
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

No politics on this forum please - Mods, get that ad removed. :lol:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

It'd be interesting to see that offered with a coke bezel as an alternative, or maybe there will really be a coke bezelled Trident MkIII.
Jenks78

Post by Jenks78 »

Beautiful watch, and I am loving the thin bezel!!!

Great advertisement as well 😂
Rolex GMT 16710, Bremont Boeing Model 1 Titanium, Breitling aerospace and Navitimer, Seiko Prospect save the ocean.