DHL Shipping costs to Canada?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ACITceva
CW-watches: 0

DHL Shipping costs to Canada?

Post by ACITceva »

Hi everybody,

I don't actually own a Christopher Ward watch yet but am giving serious consideration to CW as my next purchase. I'm a big fan of the styling, the quality, value proposition and also the business model.

However, now that CW is shipping internationally exclusively with DHL they've raised the overall costs here in Canada quite significantly. That's ok, it is what it is but I guess I'm more concerned about the unknown cost and I'd be more comfortable if I knew the all in price before ordering.

So on that note are there any Canadian customers on this forum that have ordered watches and have experience with DHL shipments? I mean obviously sales tax will be incurred but it's the potential duties (if any?) and DHL brokerage costs that I'm wondering about.

Thanks!
nordwulf

Re: DHL Shipping costs to Canada?

Post by nordwulf »

Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51290
ACITceva

Post by ACITceva »

nordwulf wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:31 pm Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51290
Thanks, that thread decently explains the overall impact and I agree with the conclusions the other Canadian members came to but the numbers thrown around are kind of general.

I'm sort of looking for some definitive numbers - so a Canadian member with an experience that can say they bought a watch and paid sales tax, and what precisely the DHL handling fee is and any additional duties. I guess what I want to know is that other than sales taxes (which I can easily calculate) will I be adding dozens of dollars onto the price of a watch or hundreds of dollars onto the price of a watch.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

I don't know what DHL will charge in fees, but duty on a watch should be 5%, plus appropriate provincial sales tax and GST. I expect DHL fees would be between $30 ad $50. Don't forget sales taxes are calculated on the cost of the watch, plus duties and brokerage charges.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
ACITceva

Post by ACITceva »

Lavaine wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:58 pm I don't know what DHL will charge in fees, but duty on a watch should be 5%, plus appropriate provincial sales tax and GST. I expect DHL fees would be between $30 ad $50. Don't forget sales taxes are calculated on the cost of the watch, plus duties and brokerage charges.
Thanks I appreciate that - it gives me a much better idea as to what I would be paying all in.