New Members!!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

New Members!!

Post by TigerChris » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Whether this gets deleted or not remains to be seen, but I'm gonna say it anyway. Am I the only one getting really fed up with new members signing up and creating a new topic just to have a moan?! Many of them may/do have legitimate queries, however to just steam straight into a brand forum to sl*g it off just doesn't sit right with me. Imagine standing at the bar in your local, someone walks in thats never been in the pub before and just starts to rip into it without so much of a 'hi, how are you?'. They'd be taking the direct route out! Why can't we have a system where new members are required to put a topic into the new members introduction section before being able to post on the main forum? It's common courtesy to say hello to people when you go to somewhere new surely??

I'm sorry if this goes against what the 'survey results' were, but I couldn't care less really. I enjoy coming on here and have a decent relationship with several members now, but I'm not far off giving up on the place before I say something I shouldn't and get banned anyway.

So, in summary, a message to any new or potentially new members, long time lurkers etc.. Welcome to you all, anyone should always be welcome, but please introduce yourselves and say hi first before having your moan and whinge. You might even find that the response you get when you do put your query out there will be more favourable too.

Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: New Members!!

Post by Thermexman » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:54 pm

Needed saying! Your goolies are much more mahoosive than mine, obviously, as I’ve thought exactly the same but haven’t said it.

You’re right, there appears to be a raft of 1 or 2 ‘pops’ (I won’t call ‘em posts) then a poof of smoke and they be gone!
Steve.

H0rati0
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by H0rati0 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Agreed, a warm welcome to all but courtesy and good manners first and foremost. We can all level criticism, but constructive is what counts - a simple slagging is pointless. We are just forumites too, but happy to help if we can.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 pm

Thermexman wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:54 pm
Needed saying! Your goolies are much more mahoosive than mine, obviously, as I’ve thought exactly the same but haven’t said it.

You’re right, there appears to be a raft of 1 or 2 ‘pops’ (I won’t call ‘em posts) then a poof of smoke and they be gone!
:lol: :lol: I've been thinking about posting something for a couple of days, and this afternoon thought 'sod it, whats the worse that can happen?'. Admittedly, that was my second draft, the first one wasn't anywhere near as polite :lol:

Rice & Gravy
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Rice & Gravy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:10 pm

No argument here. Well said.
Christopher Ward-less for now. 2 previously, and hope to buy another when the V3 Tridents come out.

Omega SMP 2254.50
Sinn 856 UTC
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date

Bounce
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Bounce » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 pm

I think that is a very fair point personally.
Rolex Submariner date.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Auto
Seiko Kinetic Diver
C60 Trident Vintage.

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by TheBeatles » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Strangely, lots of things bother me about the Forum. But this isn’t one of them. However, I can understand your point.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles

kiter65
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by kiter65 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Totally agree I don’t even respond to their posts anymore...I’ve also noticed that they post once then never log in again to read the replies...could it be something more sinister :? ...anyway well said :clap:

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Thegreyman » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:50 pm

I agree with you Chris. New members are very welcome but as you say, in any medium in life you would generally politely introduce yourself first off.
Patrick

C11 Makaira Pro, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

StrapMeister
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by StrapMeister » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:04 pm

Yep, totally agree with your sentiments and comments. :thumbup:
C2 FLE; C3 FLE; C5 FLE; C6 FLE; C9 FLE; C10 FLE; C60 FLE Scooter Blue; C60 FLE Red JAG.
C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue, Yellow); C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE.

Essex Paul
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Essex Paul » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:16 pm

Introduction needed agree. :thumbup:

JustinM

Post by JustinM » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:53 am

I am new to the forum and felt compelled to reply. Perhaps I should introduce myself first... Hi my name is Justin and I like watches... The thing with Christopher Ward as a brand is that what bought me into the brand was it’s accessibility. I discovered CW through targeted advertising on social media (no doubt related to other watch brands I follow). Upon discovering the brand I was offered a free magazine, some content to research the brand and I even shared some messages with the social media marketing team. Overall a great experience with the Company. However, I find the Community much less accessible. I’ve been reading the odd forum post for a few weeks but hadn’t felt the need to contribute before, until now. The point I am trying to make is that a closed community, in my opinion, hurts the very thing you are joining together to share and enjoy, the brand. Adding hurdles like a sign up, compulsory posting in certain threads etc, just makes the community less accessible and this reflects on the brand. The Facebook groups are the same- you have to wait to be approved and the sale group seems especially selective. If you allow people to access the brand and community then CW will undoubtedly sell more watches and be more successful.

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:04 am

This follows on I think from the Customer Service thread where TigerChris and I commented about new member's 1st or 2nd posts being what we considered to be moans.

2 of the new members in that topic thread did reply quoting me and stated that they hadn't complained or moaned but were adding their experiences to the OP's comments.

I'm glad they actually replied, I can understand their point in a way and it reminded me that words on a flat screen or a sheet of paper can be mis-read, mis-understood or mis-interpreted. However it doesn't get away from the fact that some new members recently have had CW watches for a month or 2 months or more but haven't considered introducing themselves by writing about their purchase or their opinion of the product, if they intend keeping it or not etc etc.

Yet they choose their 1st or 2nd posts to be contributions into what I will term as a "negative" post.

The other pattern that is emerging recently is that more people, again on the 1st or 2nd posts, are expecting what I consider to be un-realistic timescales, i.e a response to their emails on the same working day or even within hours of them emailing CW.

CW do not have masses of staff sitting at their PCs just waiting for the next 'Contact Form" email or direct email so they can respond immediately. Please take a step back from this crazy world of instant gratification and get real with your expectations. However escalate issues if you've not had a response within 2-3 working days.

I honestly do feel sorry for new or not-so-new forum members that are experiencing really extended CS delays for a watch repair, failure of a CW watch that's only a few months old, no response for several days or other frustrating interactions with CW. These are the times when the CW CS process should kick into overdrive.

For others please do as many on here have commented - introduce yourselves early so we know each other and then we can support or advice you with your CS queries and issues.

Also feel free to give your views in response on this subject, none of us bite...er, well TigerChris can be a bit to the point but he means well :D

Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thermexman » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:17 am

^^^ :clap: Very well put Mikkei4.
Steve.

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 am

Mikkei4 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:04 am
This follows on I think from the Customer Service thread where TigerChris and I commented about new member's 1st or 2nd posts being what we considered to be moans.

2 of the new members in that topic thread did reply quoting me and stated that they hadn't complained or moaned but were adding their experiences to the OP's comments.

I'm glad they actually replied, I can understand their point in a way and it reminded me that words on a flat screen or a sheet of paper can be mis-read, mis-understood or mis-interpreted. However it doesn't get away from the fact that some new members recently have had CW watches for a month or 2 months or more but haven't considered introducing themselves by writing about their purchase or their opinion of the product, if they intend keeping it or not etc etc.

Yet they choose their 1st or 2nd posts to be contributions into what I will term as a "negative" post.

The other pattern that is emerging recently is that more people, again on the 1st or 2nd posts, are expecting what I consider to be un-realistic timescales, i.e a response to their emails on the same working day or even within hours of them emailing CW.

CW do not have masses of staff sitting at their PCs just waiting for the next 'Contact Form" email or direct email so they can respond immediately. Please take a step back from this crazy world of instant gratification and get real with your expectations. However escalate issues if you've not had a response within 2-3 working days.

I honestly do feel sorry for new or not-so-new forum members that are experiencing really extended CS delays for a watch repair, failure of a CW watch that's only a few months old, no response for several days or other frustrating interactions with CW. These are the times when the CW CS process should kick into overdrive.

For others please do as many on here have commented - introduce yourselves early so we know each other and then we can support or advice you with your CS queries and issues.

Also feel free to give your views in response on this subject, none of us bite...er, well TigerChris can be a bit to the point but he means well :D
Good post mate :thumbup: I agree with all of it, I just can’t put it into words on a screen as well as you do. I know I can be a little ‘to the point’ at times, but to quote what my Dad always told me; ‘No point going via Manchester to get to London’.