Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Customer service

Post by Essex Paul »

Paul7 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:20 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 am Crikey, some bad reviews there. Potential customers checking trustpilot first wouldn’t go anywhere near CW.
I share their pain. My £1700 watch purchased in November stopped performing. Sent it back 5 weeks ago and not a dickie bird.
The chances of me buying a second are diminishing by the week. :(
Another new forum member here, in fairness those negative responses were filtered for the 3% of the 4,759 responses that were bad, 90% of the responses rated CW 'excellent' or 'good'. Those are pretty good odds. I don't own a CW yet, but plan to. Let me know if you hear of a company with zero issues. Go over to the Rolex Forum, you can hear about Rolex Service Centers damaging $10-20K watches that were sent in for service, rude and incompetent AD employees, etc.

Wow newboy.
Or should I say Statto.
Welcome.

Never said I was in the majority. Well aware there are lots more people happy with CW than not thanks.
% quotes not needed.

I love the look and prices of CW and wish I own more.
Will see how my first my experience pans out.

I didn’t know other top brands can fail too. Thank you for pointing that out.

Welcome and thanks for making me giggle on a grey Sunday afternoon. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
DavidA

Post by DavidA »

Yep similar problem ordered a new strap 3 weeks ago. Heard nothing so emailed them and they said they will check with logistics. Still nothing cant be difficult to send out a strap!
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Missing Wera about now.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

I'll chime in in defense of Scott. After the recent trident sale, I believe nearly a month ago now, the C60 ACAN was accidently oversold on the website. Within 1 business day, Scott was in touch via email with me , the money was refunded through paypal, and an offer was made for me to purchase another watch at the sale price. Scott even went to the archives and found a white C 60 COSC, day date for me. Wera taught him well. On the other hand, it recently took exactly 7 days for them to ship a strap.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Scott also said my watch was being despatched to me early this week.

Nothing.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

watchaholic wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:28 pm I'll chime in in defense of Scott. After the recent trident sale, I believe nearly a month ago now, the C60 ACAN was accidently oversold on the website. Within 1 business day, Scott was in touch via email with me , the money was refunded through paypal, and an offer was made for me to purchase another watch at the sale price. Scott even went to the archives and found a white C 60 COSC, day date for me. Wera taught him well. On the other hand, it recently took exactly 7 days for them to ship a strap.
On this occasion the CW CS response was what everybody would hope for once an issue has occurred.

The problem for you started when the ACAN was over-sold which shouldn't be happening at this stage in CW's life as a Company selling their products on-line. There are still too many errors at the first contact point between CW and its customers, e.g. incorrect descriptions of the product, incorrect item picked and despatched, items over-sold etc.

Without going into full details the only way I could obtain the correct item for my order from the "January Sale" was to visit the Showroom. Fine for me as it's a 20minute drive for me and I was given a brand new item instead of a NN so a good CS response but 5-10 minutes extra attention to getting it right first off would have prevented time wasted on numerous emails and about 4-6 hours in total for all the people involved in correcting the issue and bringing it to a satisfactory conclusion.

I don't know how CW CS is structured but the ultimate aim for any Company should be NOT to need a separate CS Department at all. Get it right at the start and educate all your personnel to be able to deal with all aspects of the sale process from start to finish as Customer Service should not be a polished alternative way of saying Customer Complaints.