Trident Pro Bronze and sea water ?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Trident Pro Bronze and sea water ?

Post by Blackdog »

I'm seriously fighting the impulse of buying a second Trident Pro.... It has not been a month since my first !

But I'm so impressed with the quality of the CWs that I'm thinking of getting rid of a couple of non-being-worn pieces and get a 600 Bronze to use for some actual diving in sea water.

Anybody has any experience with the Trident Pro 600 Bronze worn in sea water ? I like brownish patina (like seen on the pre-patinaed ones), but I seriously dislike the extreme turquoise incrustations that some bronze watches develop.

Any experiences you can share ?
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Re: Trident Pro Bronze and sea water ?

Post by Lawrence »

I have taken mine ocean swimming on numerous occasions but I did rinse it off later and no green corrosion has developed.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Oh man I would pay to have someone take my bronze Airman to the ocean and drench it repeatedly.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:12 am Oh man I would pay to have someone take my bronze Airman to the ocean and drench it repeatedly.
It's not that bad is it?!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Blackdog »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:12 am Oh man I would pay to have someone take my bronze Airman to the ocean and drench it repeatedly.
I think we can come to an agreement...

I'll be diving in the Philippines in April, send it to me and I'll put it in a pocket of my BCD. around 20 dives guaranteed. Shall we say... $5.- per dive ? Shipping costs both ways re on you, of course... :thumbup:
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ian Mc »

Send it over, I will weather it for free in the wild Irish sea and Lake District - it might take several months though! :D
Time keeps on slipping into the future
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

https://sciencing.com/make-sea-water-home-6368912.html

Make some DIY seawater, dip watch for a suitable "swimming" time, remove to dry, rinse and repeat as required.