C65 Trident Diver Question

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

C65 Trident Diver Question

Post by Lawrence »

My C65 diver has suddenly started running very fast, it's gained 55 minutes over night. I bought it last summer and it's been fine, actually quite excellent. I was on holiday and it stopped once or twice and I reset the time and wound it up. Yesterday I noticed the gazelle like behavior, other than sending it in for repair, any advice?? Perhaps letting it run down and rewind it, pull out the crown for 24 hours, any tricks of the trade????
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: C65 Trident Diver Question

Post by Thermexman »

Might be magnetised. You can buy a gadget to fix it. Maybe someone on here can advise what gadget works.
Steve.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Lawrence, if it is indeed magnetised and you live anywhere near a watchmaker or repair outlet, you should be able to get it demagnetised in minutes for coppers.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

OK, I'll ask and follow up on this thread. Thank you.

Odd because my other two watches that were on the same trip are fine.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

You might inadvertently have left it overnight too close to a strong magnet, or maybe your phone or something similar. So many things have magnetic closures these days – it’s a minefield.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:34 pm You might inadvertently have left it overnight too close to a strong magnet, or maybe your phone or something similar. So many things have magnetic closures these days – it’s a minefield.
OK, that makes sense, thank you. Perhaps the iphone in my shoulder bag.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Quick test for magnetism - hover an orienteering type compass over your watch and move it back and forwards. If the compass needle moves then the watch is probably magnetised. Also, try it over a watch that is running well and compare the differences.

Hope this helps,

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

If you are near a hospital, pop into the MRI department and ask them to stick it in for a few minutes on high.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

hughesyn wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:23 pm If you are near a hospital, pop into the MRI department and ask them to stick it in for a few minutes on high.
You're a bad, bad man.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

hughesyn wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:23 pm If you are near a hospital, pop into the MRI department and ask them to stick it in for a few minutes on high.
Thanks, I tried this and now the watch is stuck to the steel plate in my forehead.... :problem:

Actually not having a compass I put a needle in a bowl of water which makes a rudimentary compass and it showed some movement when the stricken watch put near it, more than my other watches.

I looked on line and found a YouTube video on how to de-magnetize a watch and then bought the degausser he was using off of Amazon, it was only C$18.

We'll see how it works...
Paul7

Post by Paul7 »

Wow, I didn't know that was possible.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

The watch is still running fast; it's gained 45 minutes since this morning, so about 12 hours. I filled in the online form seeking to return it for repair a week ago but no response.

This is my second CW that has broken this in less than 12 months. If a company won't respond to a service request under warranty it is essentially not offering the warranty.

The blush its starting to go off the rose of CW watches..........
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

Maybe just email Scott Callaway directly or better yet ring customer service up...something has clearly fallen thru the cracks. I have had spotty results from time to time with the online request form but direct emails seem to get faster results if response is slow.
Scott.Callaway@christopherward.co.uk
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Markornot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:45 am Maybe just email Scott Callaway directly or better yet ring customer service up...something has clearly fallen thru the cracks. I have had spotty results from time to time with the online request form but direct emails seem to get faster results if response is slow.
Scott.Callaway@christopherward.co.uk

In another recent post about responses CW said they'd had issues with their CS system (?) that had caused responses to be delayed or not gone out at all. So Markornot's advice is sound, especially after a week of no reply.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Lawrence wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:30 am The watch is still running fast; it's gained 45 minutes since this morning, so about 12 hours. I filled in the online form seeking to return it for repair a week ago but no response.

This is my second CW that has broken this in less than 12 months. If a company won't respond to a service request under warranty it is essentially not offering the warranty.

The blush its starting to go off the rose of CW watches..........

It sounds to me like the watch is still magnetized. If no luck yourself, I would try a local jeweler/AD to see if they have a stronger demagnatizer.

Demagnetizing a watch can sometimes take several attempts as there are differences in devices and the methods used.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.