Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Today's Showroom Visit

Post by TigerChris »

Macdaz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:48 pm
TigerChris wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 pm
Macdaz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:34 pm
I'm also really keen to see the pepsi as I'm hoping it will calm my desire for a Tudor Black Bay GMT!
Not wanting to be negative here but, speaking from experience, this rarely works. If you really want the Tudor, my advise would be to wait until you can get one/afford one. If not, every time you look at the alternative purchase you will wish it was the Tudor. Only my opinion, based on experience. I’m sure Downer probably has a ‘rule’ on it somewhere! :D
I know the sentiment is right, but in a similar vein, I want to look like George Clooney, but no matter how long I wait, it isn't going to happen. I'm quite good at not letting my dreams spoil my enjoyment of reality. Luckily, so too is Mrs Macdaz! :D
I’m starting to go grey like Clooney, but that’s about as close as I’ll get too :D
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Great write up. I hope your dilemma is solved before long.
TigerChris wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 pm If not, every time you look at the alternative purchase you will wish it was the Tudor. Only my opinion, based on experience. I’m sure Downer probably has a ‘rule’ on it somewhere! :D
If downer doesn’t I certainly do. I owned several rectangular watches with Roman numerals but none of them was a Cartier Tank. It only made sense when I got the real thing. Totally in agreement, Chris.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Decker
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Decker »

I have decided that my next CW will be a diver but it seems sensible to wait for the new Trident to be released before making my final pick.I am spoiled for choice at the moment with so many great offerings from CW either now available or planned for the near future so it`s been great to read such a well written & informative piece as this , Thanks very much :thumbup:
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

Thanks for this update and hands on review. I still have time to sell one more watch to make room for the new C60.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:03 pm Malcolm,

I've just remembered that Jcalder68 posted in the C65 Auto thread that he is going to the Showroom next week - maybe he could get the answer about the Pepsi release date for you so you can decide what to do?

Mick
I will drop a few subtle hints :-)
Let me know via PM if there is anything else anyone needs to know.

PS - to the OP, thank you for such detail. The Black GMT is already (loved) in my collection so my prime targets for viewing are the C65 Auto and Morgan 3-Wheeler. May I ask, how open was Declan to you taking photos, or did you have to ask for a second cup of coffee and be a bit more cloak and dagger?

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Great write up thanks Mikkei. :clap:

If anything you’ve clouded my judgement further as the C65 auto looks better in your pics than the official ones. I was 75-25 in favour of the handwound (blue). But after your brilliant review and pictures I’m now 50/50 :lol:

Another visit to CW towers is therefore on the cards and will make judgment in person. This only if they can rectify the problem with my new C1 :censored:

I’m not in the market for either a GMT (wouldn’t use the function) or the Trident mk3 ( have a submariner date already).

So a blue C65 it could be.

Thanks again Mikkei. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
downer

Post by downer »

TigerChris wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 pm
Macdaz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:34 pm
I'm also really keen to see the pepsi as I'm hoping it will calm my desire for a Tudor Black Bay GMT!
Not wanting to be negative here but, speaking from experience, this rarely works. If you really want the Tudor, my advise would be to wait until you can get one/afford one. If not, every time you look at the alternative purchase you will wish it was the Tudor. Only my opinion, based on experience. I’m sure Downer probably has a ‘rule’ on it somewhere! :D
Naturally. Rule #6. :D

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29098&p=405841
Richard
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

A CW Tower visit is always a pleasure - highly recommended and so much better to see the watches in the flesh.
A great write up and insight...thank you :thumbup:

Rather like the look of the C60 316L LE lurking at the top left :D
Plus the C65 Trident Diver black
Plus...
It's a slippery slope :kopfwand: :help:
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Jcalder68 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 pm

I've just remembered that Jcalder68 posted in the C65 Auto thread that he is going to the Showroom next week - maybe he could get the answer about the Pepsi release date for you so you can decide what to do?

Mick

PS - to the OP, thank you for such detail. The Black GMT is already (loved) in my collection so my prime targets for viewing are the C65 Auto and Morgan 3-Wheeler. May I ask, how open was Declan to you taking photos, or did you have to ask for a second cup of coffee and be a bit more cloak and dagger?

C
He's always been happy to talk about new releases and give what details he's allowed to about any forthcoming release. If CW have already released watches or photos of watches I'm sure he won't mind you taking photos for you to remember what you've seen. I didn't ask about the Pepsi as it wasn't in any box on the table - He offered to get the Pepsi prototype for me to look at when I said I wasn't sure I liked the steel bezel on the GMT. I didn't ask if I could take photos of the Pepsi as CW haven't released any of their own yet and it was only the prototype.

It was his own C65 GMT that I saw as there wasn't 1 in the watch boxes for some reason.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Mick
Thanks Mick. In the mean time I will be going on Amazon to see if they sell buckets of willpower so I don't spend any money on watches until I see some of the upcoming new releases :-D
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Jcalder68 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 pm

Mick

C
Thanks. Enjoy your visit. I'd also be curious as to what you think of the new black dial C60 316L in the flesh. It was released almost two weeks ago and I haven't seen anyone post any images of it yet.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

mvlow wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 pm I'd also be curious as to what you think of the new black dial C60 316L in the flesh. It was released almost two weeks ago and I haven't seen anyone post any images of it yet.
There were some pictures posted on IG: viewtopic.php?p=763311#p763311
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

nordwulf wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 pm
mvlow wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 pm I'd also be curious as to what you think of the new black dial C60 316L in the flesh. It was released almost two weeks ago and I haven't seen anyone post any images of it yet.
There were some pictures posted on IG: viewtopic.php?p=763311#p763311
Thanks Frank. That gives me some idea. The silence (lack of pictures posted on the 316L ) is deafening. Usually within a couple of days of a new release their are a plethora of in the flesh images to see.
Malcolm

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

The silence (lack of pictures posted on the 316L ) is deafening. Usually within a couple of days of a new release their are a plethora of in the flesh images to see.
I think it's got lost with the launch of the C8 M2.04 and also the new C65 Trident Auto. When it was launched I said at the time I felt it would be a slow seller (it may not be for all I know), but with the open secret of a new Trident coming in May I can see these taking a while to shift and then going into clearance at some point. All guesswork and if you like it buy it, but it's not for me.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

what-time-is-it wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 pm

The silence (lack of pictures posted on the 316L ) is deafening. Usually within a couple of days of a new release their are a plethora of in the flesh images to see.
I think it's got lost with the launch of the C8 M2.04 and also the new C65 Trident Auto. When it was launched I said at the time I felt it would be a slow seller (it may not be for all I know), but with the open secret of a new Trident coming in May I can see these taking a while to shift and then going into clearance at some point. All guesswork and if you like it buy it, but it's not for me.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm not sure if it is for me yet.
Malcolm