Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Forum Survey Results

Post by nbg »

TigerChris wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:47 pm
scooter wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:33 pm You mean apart from the 29879 posts in the 'Use Three Words Only' thread?

I am happy to self nominate my post this afternoon in the L*g* thread.
scooter wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:10 pm I never go anywhere without my Lidl branded plastic carrier bag.
scooter
Very useful posts about Lidl carrier bags though scooter, as I found out they were as good as the Aldi ones I use and so worth a try in the future :D
{Self indulgent post alert} In the plastic bag arena I prefer Waitrose carrier bags, although overall I favour hessian bags from an artisan baker to help convey ones shopping habits. :)

N***
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

TigerChris wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:08 pm
smegwina wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:05 pm
TigerChris wrote:Heres my observations, like it or not :D

Political discussions? I must have missed those! 'No slagging off celebrity endorsements'??? Why? If somebody doesn't like a brands ambassador etc.. then they have a right to say so, it is watch related. The biggest problem is that the world is full of snowflakes these days that get offended about everything, not just for themselves either. Plenty of 'do gooders' about that bleat that somebody somewhere may get offended by that. Typical of everything nowadays, the minority crackpots always seem to win. Pointless posts? What may be pointless for one may be very relevant to another, so who judges that one? Negativity is the one that makes me laugh the most; its normally new posters that are the most negative, creating an account just to start having a moan about something and then p1551ng off! Photo attachment has never been easier, not anyones elses fault that people can't be bothered to search for that information, it was relayed when it changed, and the details are there if people can be bothered to look for it. Another modern world problem - expect everyone else to do things for you! I agree it can be a little snobby at times, and that some things should just be left by mods, we are all adults and should be able to fight our own battles. There is a line, obviously, but that line does need moving a little.

I'll now go get my tin hat in case anyones offended! Image
Agree.

We are all adults here, so let's just open it up, discuss what people want to discuss, (including politics and any other real world topics that crop up) if it gets out of hand then the mods can then step in..... Exactly what they are here for.

At the moment, it is all a tad insipid and humdrum in here.

Somewhere between Mary Poppins and a bear pit would be a good start.

So long as the title is accurate, anyone offended by, or not wishing to participate in, a particular topic can simply ignore it. (Or open it anyway, suck it up, get stuck in and enjoy)

One of the huge positives of the forum is to be able to have a discussion whereas one of the huge positives of FB is the quick fire conversation.

Room for both, now let's just get a bit of life and fun back into the old place and stop taking it so seriously.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I'm starting to get a little worried, Nick, that I find myself agreeing more and more with a southern public schoolboy rah rah fan! Whats happening in the world?! :lol: :lol:
I was wrong about the Safe Space. We do need one.... :twisted:
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Political discussions? I must have missed those! 'No slagging off celebrity endorsements'??? Why? If somebody doesn't like a brands ambassador etc.. then they have a right to say so, it is watch related. The biggest problem is that the world is full of snowflakes these days that get offended about everything, not just for themselves either. Plenty of 'do gooders' about that bleat that somebody somewhere may get offended by that. Typical of everything nowadays, the minority crackpots always seem to win. Pointless posts? What may be pointless for one may be very relevant to another, so who judges that one? Negativity is the one that makes me laugh the most; its normally new posters that are the most negative, creating an account just to start having a moan about something and then p1551ng off! Photo attachment has never been easier, not anyones elses fault that people can't be bothered to search for that information, it was relayed when it changed, and the details are there if people can be bothered to look for it. Another modern world problem - expect everyone else to do things for you! I agree it can be a little snobby at times, and that some things should just be left by mods, we are all adults and should be able to fight our own battles. There is a line, obviously, but that line does need moving a little.

I'll now go get my tin hat in case anyones offended! :lol:
Paragraphs.

@robotazky
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

Mikkei4 wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:17 pm It’s a very friendly forum, in my opinion, but I think people using first names of members will make new people feel that they’re outsiders. I don’t mind it, but it crossed my mind reading the stats.

@robotazky
An alternative way of thinking about members using first names is "Oh, this is a friendly Forum as people are on first name terms". Depends if you're a glass half full or half empty person I suppose?
It’s the internet. New people don’t think that way. You have to step in and then go there.

@robotazky
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Paragraphs.

@robotazky
What about paragraphs? Never heard of them! :lol:
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:34 pm
Mikkei4 wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:17 pm It’s a very friendly forum, in my opinion, but I think people using first names of members will make new people feel that they’re outsiders. I don’t mind it, but it crossed my mind reading the stats.

@robotazky
An alternative way of thinking about members using first names is "Oh, this is a friendly Forum as people are on first name terms". Depends if you're a glass half full or half empty person I suppose?
It’s the internet. New people don’t think that way. You have to step in and then go there.

@robotazky
Is this a p155 take?! Don’t use somebody’s name because someone new may feel like an outsider?! Just when I thought I’d heard it all
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

nbg wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:28 pm
TigerChris wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:47 pm
scooter wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:33 pm You mean apart from the 29879 posts in the 'Use Three Words Only' thread?

scooter
Very useful posts about Lidl carrier bags though scooter, as I found out they were as good as the Aldi ones I use and so worth a try in the future :D
{Self indulgent post alert} In the plastic bag arena I prefer Waitrose carrier bags, although overall I favour hessian bags from an artisan baker to help convey ones shopping habits. :)

N***
Would a new thread regarding carrier bags be classed as ‘pointless posts’ do you think? :lol:
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

TigerChris wrote:

scooter wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:10 pm I never go anywhere without my Lidl branded plastic carrier bag.
scooter
I can heartily recommend the Fortnum & Mason lobster bags. Wifey loves them!

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

TigerChris wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Paragraphs.

@robotazky
What about paragraphs? Never heard of them! :lol:
ROFL

@robotazky
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Those who think this forum is unfriendly and negative have obviously never been on any other forums.

Try any other watch or car forum, you will find a lot of threads turn into a fight and personal attack.

This is by far the most welcoming and friendly forum I have come across.

A lot of the negative posts are the result of radical design decisions made by CW, hence the frequent logo discussions. Either that or poor CS, which is fair enough if people come on to rant. I can't see how you can make a rule that says only positive posts are allowed. The negativity is usually just people's personal opinion on the (not universally well received) decisions made by CW.
There's a lot more negativity on the other watch forums and YouTube towards CW.
Go on any car forum and see how much negativity there is towards the brand that ostensibly the members are all fans of. Comes with the territory.

The fact that nobody from the company posts on the forum hardly helps with negativity.

Every company owned forum I've seen has company representatives who reply to negative comments.
If someone has a CS issue, someone from the company will reply, apologise and reach out to contact the person directly.

Its bizarre to me that CW don't respond to negative comments on the forum.
It would take a few minutes for someone is CS to post saying 'hey we're sorry you've had a bad experience, please contact us via xyz so we can help'
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Not up to speed with the carrier bag thingy but just realised that I’m a snob :oops: on the odd occasion when I shop ( in dark glasses,base ball cap) in wilkos I take a Sainsbury’s bag with me to put my goodies in :lol:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

hughesyn wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 pm . . .. . . . .

Every company owned forum I've seen has company representatives who reply to negative comments.
. . . . . . . .. .
For the avoidance of doubt, as I know you've posted your viewpoint quoted above previously, and to repeat what has been stated on a number of occasions before.

The forum, on its inception, was totally independent of CW.

CW may now own the forum, provide hosting and technical support but their involvement stops there.

They exercise no control over the content and deliberately choose not to post; as there are no doubt naysayers who will then challenge the independence of the forum.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:31 pm
hughesyn wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 pm . . .. . . . .

. . . . . . . .. .
For the avoidance of doubt, as I know you've posted your viewpoint quoted above previously, and to repeat what has been stated on a number of occasions before.

The forum, on its inception, was totally independent of CW.

CW may now own the forum, provide hosting and technical support but their involvement stops there.

They exercise no control over the content and deliberately choose not to post; as there are no doubt naysayers who will then challenge the independence of the forum.

Guy
Hear Hear. I like it that way personally.

The forum is the forum, not a marketing tool or I for one would not be here. This is a special place and fine just as it is.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

kiter65 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 pm Not up to speed with the carrier bag thingy but just realised that I’m a snob :oops: on the odd occasion when I shop ( in dark glasses,base ball cap) in wilkos I take a Sainsbury’s bag with me to put my goodies in :lol:
Ahhhh, so your one of those that goes into the pound shops then nips into Harrods for a carrier bag are you? :lol:
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Guilty my lord.... :lol: