CWL Finance option.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

CWL Finance option.

Post by cincfleet »

I really like tha last iteration of the Mk2 Trident 316L LE, as advertised on the web and the latest Loupe magazine. Looking at the interest free finance option it shows 'Close Bros' as the company, however, whilst my last purchase was thru the same company I have since received an email stating that 'Klarna' have taken over close bros. Is the web site finance section out of date? :thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: CWL Finance option.

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Surely it's feasible that, even though they may have been taken over, Close Brothers are still trading under that name.

However, having just looked at their website Close Brothers still seem very much to be themselves.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Close brothers Retail Finance was acquired by Klarna bank of Sweden.

Close Brothers merchant bank is totally separate.

Got new paperwork and a welcoming email last month.

CW finance will now be with klarna.
Same agreement. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Klarna Bank AB acquired Close Brothers Retail Finance from the parent group Close Brothers Group plc, to expand their presence in the retail finance market.

The website that Guy linked to is Close Brothers Group plc, which of course still exists, as all they did was sell one of their subsidiaries - the one that provides retail finance at the point of sale to CW and many high street retailers.

Do CW need to update their website? Well it isn’t usually the case that a subsidiary of a business sold would carry on with the same name as the company that sold it.....

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Andy-Smith »

I'm buying a C60 Bronze GMT last Sept on 12m interest free. Started with Close Brothers and transferred seamlessly to Klarna.
vokeyuk
Senior
Senior

Post by vokeyuk »

Andy-Smith wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:53 pm I'm buying a C60 Bronze GMT last Sept on 12m interest free. Started with Close Brothers and transferred seamlessly to Klarna.
this has happened to me twice in the past, different firms, but other than a change of name on the paperwork and bank payments, i couldnt tell anything had happened. as you say seemeless.