C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Post by H0rati0 »

Vicious49 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:18 pm I just saw one of the blog posts that showed the bezel was lumed for the Elite model. Would that also be the case for the standard C60? What about the C60 GMT?
Yes. All MK3 have lumed bezels.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
downer

Post by downer »

Vicious49 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:18 pm I just saw one of the blog posts that showed the bezel was lumed for the Elite model. Would that also be the case for the standard C60? What about the C60 GMT?
All of the Trident 3 models have lumed bezels - for example:

Richard
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

H0rati0 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:21 pm
Yes. All MK3 have lumed bezels.
Wow, that may be a game changer. I was considering the C65 Pepsi but if the C60 GMT has a lumed bezel . . . I may lean that way instead.

For those of you who have seen the C60 GMT in person, which did you find to be the most attractive?
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

SlowLoris wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:40 pm Any chance of a mock up to see what the MK3 would look like with the old logo? Just to see what might have been.
Not the old logo but was playing around with a more compact, modern and simple design at 12: http://horology.world/forums/topic/35-d ... omment=335
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

nordwulf wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:22 am
SlowLoris wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:40 pm Any chance of a mock up to see what the MK3 would look like with the old logo? Just to see what might have been.
Not the old logo but was playing around with a more compact, modern and simple design at 12: http://horology.world/forums/topic/35-d ... omment=335
Looked at the mockups and talk about options! Mad skills with the computer. Thanks, more to dream about. Really like the logo.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Frank

the more I look at your mock ups the more I would prefer to see CW go with just the twin flags at 12 - no wordmark. But I guess the wordmark targets the youf of today...

Thanks for mocking up so many possibilities.

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

watchaholic wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:09 am
Looked at the mockups and talk about options! Mad skills with the computer. Thanks, more to dream about. Really like the logo.
The old logo appears on this one:

C65 GMT diver with smaller GMT hand, muted orange and vintage CW logo in the right spot.

And that to me that looks the best design. Helped by the size of the logo too.

If CW had the old logo on the new C60, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
panamavin
Senior
Senior

Post by panamavin »

I am at the point of tolerating the branding at 9 but feel like they really missed not putting applied twin flags at12 with a border around the date. Make those changes and I would pull in a heartbeat. The spot at 12 is too barren and the white paint around the date cheapens up an otherwise impressive update.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

panamavin wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:26 am I am at the point of tolerating the branding at 9 but feel like they really missed not putting applied twin flags at12 with a border around the date. Make those changes and I would pull in a heartbeat. The spot at 12 is too barren and the white paint around the date cheapens up an otherwise impressive update.
Got to agree with all of this - It's a shame that the date surround of the MkII has been removed. Applied twin flags would look better and have the name embossed so it's the same colour as the dial and virtually disappears.

On the release I thought I might be able to get over the 9 o'clock name as the blue GMT looks superb but a week on I'm thinking how can I consider spend £1000 on a watch where for me there's a couple of serious dial issues that I don't like.
nuttywullie

Post by nuttywullie »

downer wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:21 pm All of the Trident 3 models have lumed bezels - for example:

Oh, my !! seriously. Am I seeing right, are the Lug holes now moved so that there is no need to use the curved spring bars anymore.
Will this take thicker nato straps now also ?
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

There was never a need to use curved spring bars. .
nuttywullie

Post by nuttywullie »

Ok, not gonna argue on that :)
But is it true that lug holes are now moved a bit (compared to C60Mk1)
panamavin
Senior
Senior

Post by panamavin »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:49 am
panamavin wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:26 am I am at the point of tolerating the branding at 9 but feel like they really missed not putting applied twin flags at12 with a border around the date. Make those changes and I would pull in a heartbeat. The spot at 12 is too barren and the white paint around the date cheapens up an otherwise impressive update.
Got to agree with all of this - It's a shame that the date surround of the MkII has been removed. Applied twin flags would look better and have the name embossed so it's the same colour as the dial and virtually disappears.

On the release I thought I might be able to get over the 9 o'clock name as the blue GMT looks superb but a week on I'm thinking how can I consider spend £1000 on a watch where for me there's a couple of serious dial issues that I don't like.
Definitely agree with the name being embossed and color matching. It’s like the mk3 improved build quality to sacrifice design and I would rather the opposite which is why IMHO the mk2 as it is now still wins.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:49 am
It's a shame that the date surround of the MkII has been removed. Applied twin flags would look better and have the name embossed so it's the same colour as the dial and virtually disappears.
I agree about the date surround. Great idea about the name/logo. I’m a big fan of the applied twin flags on my Auto Chrono, but hadn’t thought about embossing the name. Now that would work well. Where’s Frank when you need him to do a mock up to see what it would look like?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

nuttywullie wrote:
downer wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:21 pm All of the Trident 3 models have lumed bezels - for example:

Oh, my !! seriously. Am I seeing right, are the Lug holes now moved so that there is no need to use the curved spring bars anymore.
Will this take thicker nato straps now also ?
Yes, the holes for the pin end of the spring bars has moved, relative to the Mk1 and Mk2 Trident, its now a bit lower.

However the shape of the lugs is now slimmer as well.

As to the ease of which you can fit a NATO, a standard 1.1 - 1.2mm thick NATO slides in easily. A 1.3 - 1.5mm 'luxury' NATO will slip in with care.

Any thicker and it will be best to slip out the spring bars, lay the strap between the lugs and then refit the spring bars.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England