Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Post by Blackdog »

A little burgundy comparison...

Interesting to be able to see that the BlackBay dial is dark chocolate and not black.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Blackdog wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:13 pm A little burgundy comparison...

Interesting to be able to see that the BlackBay dial is dark chocolate and not black.
Thanks for the side-by-side comparison picture. I have seriously considered buying the new MKIII with red bezel in the diver or GMT version as I have always had an appreciation for the classic looks of the Black Bay Red, but it is out of my price comfort zone.

The first thing that strikes me when seeing them together is that I prefer the look of the Black Bay's matte aluminum bezel to the shiny ceramic bezel on the MKIII. The MKIII's ceramic bezel is obviously going to be more modern and more scratch resistant, but the look of the Black Bay bezel just speaks to me more. How do you think the bezel's compare in the flesh?
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

You wouldn't think the Tudor is a lot more expensive looking at that picture, I prefer the touches of silver on the CW to the gold on the Tudor, I think it goes with the deep red better.

I think the Trident would look better with less numbers on the bezel like the Tudor has.
Johnny
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by McDaWisel »

johnnysharp2 wrote:You wouldn't think the Tudor is a lot more expensive looking at that picture, I prefer the touches of silver on the CW to the gold on the Tudor, I think it goes with the deep red better.

I think the Trident would look better with less numbers on the bezel like the Tudor has.
There is more numbers because it’s the GMT version. The standard non-GMT has the standard diver marking in increments of 10 starting at 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

McDaWisel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:34 pm
johnnysharp2 wrote:You wouldn't think the Tudor is a lot more expensive looking at that picture, I prefer the touches of silver on the CW to the gold on the Tudor, I think it goes with the deep red better.

There is more numbers because it’s the GMT version. The standard non-GMT has the standard diver marking in increments of 10 starting at 20.

ah yes silly me - given I asked for photos earlier in the thread that show less numbers like you say you would have thought I knew that already - holds head in hands.... :D
Johnny
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

johnnysharp2 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:43 pm
McDaWisel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:34 pm

ah yes silly me - given I asked for photos earlier in the thread that show less numbers like you say you would have thought I knew that already - holds head in hands.... :D
Make one more post quickly Johnny. You don't want to be stuck on 666 posts for too long :twisted: :lol:
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Korkki »

Too late...

NO PARKING
This space is reserved
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

:D

I never even noticed, can hear 'The Omen' music playing in the background just now....
Johnny
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

johnnysharp2 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:22 pm :D

I never even noticed, can hear 'The Omen' music playing in the background just now....
Phew, you're safe now 667 :D
Malcolm

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Is this a black case Mk3? Taken from the CW homepage slider, or is it a trick of the light?

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris