C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Post by Blackdog »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:49 am Got to agree with all of this - It's a shame that the date surround of the MkII has been removed.
I think the subtle painted surrounds work very well with the black datewheel. The applied metal one worked best with the white datewheel.
IMO it was the right decision.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

I'm not here to offend anyone, but for me none of these minor details is a deal breaker. I sometimes wish that my ACAN had the embossed logo at 12 o'clock. Then I am reminded of the overall build quality, and unparalleled value of the brand, and any discrepancy I may have with a small design issue fades rather quickly. Can't please all the people all the time, and decisions have to be made.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Blackdog »

watchaholic wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:27 pm I'm not here to offend anyone, but for me none of these minor details is a deal breaker. I sometimes wish that my ACAN had the embossed logo at 12 o'clock. Then I am reminded of the overall build quality, and unparalleled value of the brand, and any discrepancy I may have with a small design issue fades rather quickly. Can't please all the people all the time, and decisions have to be made.
I fully concur.
I have a blue mk2 43mm and I really like the design in general. i just put it on the new hybrid blue/orange strap and it's a great look.

I got a 38 GMT mk3 and the changes are so many that I see them as different watches.

I find the 38mk3 a bit dressier (the smaller size also plays a role) which is good because I don't see it as a diver, more like a do-it-all travel watch.

Qualty of both is excellent, with a bit of an increase on the new one. Even the new bracelet feels like it's better finished.

Some people are still coming up with clever ideas to get rid of the 9 o'clock branding... I actually like it. Have enough watches with the brand at 12...
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Blackdog wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:39 pm

Some people are still coming up with clever ideas to get rid of the 9 o'clock branding... I actually like it. Have enough watches with the brand at 12...
Good point and well taken!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Not been many pictures recently considering the topic title ........

Come on, more MkIII pictures please to convince me of what I'm missing out on.
WATCHWIZ
Junior
Junior

Post by WATCHWIZ »

How are owners finding the new 'hybrid' straps?
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by McDaWisel »

WATCHWIZ wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:34 pm How are owners finding the new 'hybrid' straps?
Terrible the first couple of days, but it stretched out nicely to the point where it's comfortable after a couple of weeks.
Squee

Post by Squee »

I think I’m probably going to buy an M3 in the next several months. I’ve been waiting on a Trident purchase since last year, after hearing that there would be an update. Now torn between the Pro (red bezel) and the Elite, but leaning towards Pro because I would like to have the bracelet. Decisions...
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Hey... I've been having a good look at the MK3's and I think they look great. Without trawling through all the earlier posts, I just wondered if someone could supply a photo with the hands overlapping: as in 6pm or 2.45pm. I just wonder how much the minute hand overlaps the hour hand.
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
monkwearmouth
Senior
Senior

Post by monkwearmouth »

TigerChris wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:49 am
It's a shame that the date surround of the MkII has been removed. Applied twin flags would look better and have the name embossed so it's the same colour as the dial and virtually disappears.
I agree about the date surround. Great idea about the name/logo. I’m a big fan of the applied twin flags on my Auto Chrono, but hadn’t thought about embossing the name. Now that would work well.
Agree with all of that 100%. The date window frame is like something from a Casio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

strapline wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:30 pm Hey... I've been having a good look at the MK3's and I think they look great. Without trawling through all the earlier posts, I just wondered if someone could supply a photo with the hands overlapping: as in 6pm or 2.45pm. I just wonder how much the minute hand overlaps the hour hand.
As requested
BF707572-12F8-4807-99E6-0E4809FD2A41.jpeg
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Oh...thanks for that Iain. I did have some concerns, but I think that works really well. How are you getting on with the watch, are you pleased with it? Personally, I think I prefer the new hands to the old onion and sword hands.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

strapline wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:29 pm Oh...thanks for that Iain. I did have some concerns, but I think that works really well. How are you getting on with the watch, are you pleased with it? Personally, I think I prefer the new hands to the old onion and sword hands.
I’m really liking this watch, the quality is excellent and it is a definite step up in quality over my old MK2. I’ll be posting a review when I’ve lived with the watch a few weeks to give a longer term view, rather than just sharing my initial thoughts.

One negative I feel is the polished face combined with no AR coating on outside of the Crystal. This means the glare is much more evident than on other watches I own. However outer AR coating can be prone to scratches so it’s swings and roundabouts.

Iain
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Will keep an eye out for that review... I like the look of the black dial/bezel in 40mm. I'd be curious to hear what kind of accuracy people are getting out of the SW200 movement, it seems that CW do quite a good job of regulating them.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

strapline wrote:Hey... I've been having a good look at the MK3's and I think they look great. Without trawling through all the earlier posts, I just wondered if someone could supply a photo with the hands overlapping: as in 6pm or 2.45pm. I just wonder how much the minute hand overlaps the hour hand.
An alternative view:-

40mm Mk3 (actually Iain's watch when I did my first look review prior to release).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England