Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Post by Essex Paul »

^^^ Great review Guy. Very insightful and informative. Thanks. :thumbup:
The 40mm looks good and although the bracelet is an upgrade I’m not sure I like the wider centre links.
The Mk2 bracelet looks better proportioned, brushed of course!
Overall I like it although I won’t be buying one as I already have a similar diver.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
panamavin
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by panamavin »

H0rati0 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:58 pm
Blackdog wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:39 pm

Some people are still coming up with clever ideas to get rid of the 9 o'clock branding... I actually like it. Have enough watches with the brand at 12...
Good point and well taken!
It’s not about location so much as it’s an eye sore and doesn’t fit with the design. Black/blue face with a shiny white branding in a cheeky font. Keep it at 9 for all I care but make it flow with the design more.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Some people are still coming up with clever ideas to get rid of the 9 o'clock branding... I actually like it. Have enough watches with the brand at 12...
The ideas are still coming because these details that are personal dislikes prevent me and other CW watch owners from purchasing and owning what are otherwise excellent watches. We keep making suggestions because we really would like to continue buying CW watches but won't (i.e. are prevented from doing so) at present. So many people suggested that CW make a 40mm Trident and look what's happened. If people don't express their dislike of certain aspects then there will never be the possibility of them being changed and that holds true for everything in life.

The problem that I have with the name at 9o'clock is the left justification of 2 names that are of such dis-similar length. Take a look at some of the IWC watches to see how to deal with different fonts and justification of differing length words while still keeping a "balanced" look to the dial.

If these new Tridents had a centre justified name at 12 and flags applied or embossed at 9 then I'd be booking a showroom visit today to spend £1000 of my money on a blue GMT but then maybe other buyers wouldn't have bought. :ka:

I can only hope that CW's year of the Chronograph 2020 provides an alternative for those that can't live with the existing logo layout.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Wow, gorgeous capture, Guy. The finishing on that looks amazing. How crisp is that bezel? Like a good bezel, me!! The light catcher lines on the lugs are a great detail, too. And...it's a real winner on the nato.
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
QPRcat
Junior
Junior

Post by QPRcat »

Mikkei4 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:37 am
The ideas are still coming because these details that are personal dislikes prevent me and other CW watch owners from purchasing and owning what are otherwise excellent watches. We keep making suggestions because we really would like to continue buying CW watches but won't (i.e. are prevented from doing so) at present. So many people suggested that CW make a 40mm Trident and look what's happened. If people don't express their dislike of certain aspects then there will never be the possibility of them being changed and that holds true for everything in life.

The problem that I have with the name at 9o'clock is the left justification of 2 names that are of such dis-similar length. Take a look at some of the IWC watches to see how to deal with different fonts and justification of differing length words while still keeping a "balanced" look to the dial.

If these new Tridents had a centre justified name at 12 and flags applied or embossed at 9 then I'd be booking a showroom visit today to spend £1000 of my money on a blue GMT but then maybe other buyers wouldn't have bought. :ka:

I can only hope that CW's year of the Chronograph 2020 provides an alternative for those that can't live with the existing logo layout.
Got to love that new logo.
Which other watch manufacturer has a logo at 9 o’clock?
I buy CW watches due to high quality, massive bang for your buck and they’re different.

You shouldn’t let little things get in the way! ;-)
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rice and Gravy »

Think it's possible to find someone to lume the twin flags with matching C1 Super-LumiNova well enough to where it looks ok and matches the rest of the face and bezel? Or is that a pipe dream?
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

QPRcat wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:46 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:37 am

... Take a look at some of the IWC watches to see how to deal with different fonts and justification of differing length words while still keeping a "balanced" look to the dial....

Which other watch manufacturer has a logo at 9 o’clock?
Er, IWC - as above. They do move it around though as might be needed to suit the dial layout but it's always in balance.
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Any wrist shots available of the pro 600 black/red on the bracelet?
Johnny
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

johnnysharp2 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:02 pm Any wrist shots available of the pro 600 black/red on the bracelet?
42mm?

Got these few taken at the Manchester GTG.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Thanks Guy. Yes 42mm.

That really is a nice deep dark red.

The first photo, it looks like a dark grey rather than the black it is - actually think that would suit the colour combination better as a balance with the dark red.
Would prefer that to the black to be honest.
Johnny
DanielDZ
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by DanielDZ »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:33 pm
strapline wrote:Hey... I've been having a good look at the MK3's and I think they look great. Without trawling through all the earlier posts, I just wondered if someone could supply a photo with the hands overlapping: as in 6pm or 2.45pm. I just wonder how much the minute hand overlaps the hour hand.
An alternative view:-

40mm Mk3 (actually Iain's watch when I did my first look review prior to release).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
This looks excellent on a Nato, great shot.

I'd be tempted to put the old Khaki bezel C60 on this very nato.
Current watches: Tudor Black bay 36 Black dial, C65 Trident GMT Black/Orange, C30 Malvern Chronometer LTD

Previously owned CW: C65 automatic blue, C9 5-day 40mm
Blackdog
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Blackdog »

I have the black/red GMT in 38mm, if it helps...

johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Blackdog wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:40 pm I have the black/red GMT in 38mm, if it helps...

Thanks, it’s a really nice red.
Johnny
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Yesterday I bought the latest QP watch magazine and from page 88 they have an article re. "Six of the season's most stylish new dive watches", these being
Nomos Glashutte Club Sport Neomatick @ £3220
Bremont S2000 @ £4195
Panerai Submersible Carbotech @ £15920
PP Aquanaut @ £30390
Reservoir Hydrosphere@ £3900
and
Christopher Ward Elite @ £1250

Part of the 4 lines of brief comments for the Elite state ....
Christopher Ward's Trident Elite is a 1000m kraken of a watch with a complex titanium case and bulletproof build quality to back it up. The 100-piece limited edition ........... can be ordered with either a stainless steel bracelet or a cloth-covered rubber strap.

Shame about the errors in such a brief write-up but the Elite looks good in the photo and not out of place amongst the more expensive watches.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

Really like the Nomos offering, have looked at it on their site. More taken by the in-house movement than anything, that and the overall finishing. Although it has 1000ft (as Nomos like to point out) of water resistance, how can it be a dive watch without a method of measuring elapsed time? It's a very appealing watch, but I don't think you could ever call it a diver.
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?