CW-watches: 3

Re: C65 Trident Automatic

Post by Robotaz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:43 pm

StrapMeister wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary,_Mar ... e_Contrary
Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.
I honestly have no clue how that applies to this situation developing in English. Please indulge me. Sorry for my ignorance. ;)

@robotazky

neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:57 pm

I do like this, CW have done well with this one. I'd like to try one to see how the size sits with me but I like the look. Think the black just edges it for me seeing this pic. Definitely going to be a rival to the Oris diver be nice to see a few size options in future nlike Oris have
Neil

srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:13 pm

Thermexman wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:41 pm

You like the blue in the auto but the black in the handwound.

That sounded contrary and when someone is being contrary, I think of the nursery rhyme.

It wasn’t intended to mock or be rude, it’s just something I say to anyone being contrary. Apologies if my sense of humour was misplaced.
No rudeness detected so don't worry about it, I just didn't catch how it related. Fully relate how things trigger songs and rymes. Catch myself doing that all the time!

And back to watches for me as well. Anyone have shipment confirmations? the vagueness of early February is driving me nuts.
Scott
C60 Titanium V1 | C65 Vintage Diver GMT

blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:36 am

Blue is quite nice (rubber strap nice too) and the dial text and logo are relatively balanced.

nauf
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 6

Post by nauf » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:07 am

Jcalder68 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:16 pm
Robotaz wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:06 am
I love it. The blue on bracelet will be my next purchase.

I think CW killed it on this one. If they would master a textured ceramic bezel insert for this watch, it would be a home run that would pull in a lot of non-CW WIS. I think it will do a decent job of that as it is, now that I think of it.

@robotazky
+1 for the addition of a matte ceramic bezel insert. It would have to be matte though, gloss would ruin the look.
The rest of the case is so strong - great design and form, robust materials and engineering, even a decent sapphire crystal. The aluminium bezel insert is definitely the “weak” point for potential wear I fear. Saying that though, it won’t automatically stop me buying one (I’ve had aluminium bezels in the past) and who says a few scuffs and dings in the softer material won’t actually enhance the vintage look after a year or so?

C

I agree with you on the potentially weak aluminium bezel insert. I have a C7 Rapide Automatic which I bought it new last November. Since I like to wear my watch loose, its head always moves around, and quite frequently I had my C7 banged on my desk at work or on the kitchen table top. So within 3 weeks, there are a lot of dings on the aluminium bezel. And I also notice a prominent scratch that causes the black coating got off of the bezel. After all, surprisingly these only add more vintage looks on it. Maybe all I can say, it develops its character with me overtime. Like Mater in Cars Movie once said about his dents, “they way too valuable, I don’t fix these. I wanna remember these dents forever”. :D
Niz

gaf1958
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 23

Post by gaf1958 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:35 am

I suspect that with the box crystal and steel bezel edge, the aluminium bezel insert will be somewhat protected, reducing wear to some extent. It can still be scratched of course, but compared to flat crystal it should be much better. Of course, still not up to the standard of a matte finish ceramic...
CWL C1+2xC3+4xC6+3xC7+C11+2xC60K+3xC60T+5xC65+C70+C600
Omega Ω 3xSpeedy+5xSeamaster+DeVille+AT+Dynamic
Zenith+Tudor+2xOris65+4xMagrette+18xSeiko+6xVintage
B&R+Farer+Gavox+Hamilton+LumTec+Mido+MkII+2xSteinhart+2xVisitor+more
Family 11xCW+2xΩ

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:34 pm

I have a Showroom appointment booked for Tuesday morning to view these lovely watches, other recent releases and to pick up a bracelet order.
As discussed in the "logo poll" I need to see these lovely watches in the flesh and on my wrist to determine if they can overcome my present general dislike for the new logo location.

Anything in particular anybody want me to ask or look at for your info of C65 or other watches? I'll try to include it in my time there but remember some of the C60 MkIII info will probably still be withheld.

Robotaz
Senior
Senior

Post by Robotaz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:31 pm

gaf1958 wrote:I suspect that with the box crystal and steel bezel edge, the aluminium bezel insert will be somewhat protected, reducing wear to some extent. It can still be scratched of course, but compared to flat crystal it should be much better. Of course, still not up to the standard of a matte finish ceramic...
It would work well enough for me. The insert is narrow. It’s pretty well protected.

@robotazky

Bident
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Bident » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:45 pm

I've had my C65 Trident Diver since August (2018) and have yet to scratch the aluminum bezel. I wear it three to four times per week, and have banged the crystal quite hard at times by accident. Fortunately, being a raised, box glass format, the crystal protected the bezel from being scratched and of course, the crystal being saphire also had no scratches.

Having said that, I'm sure I have jinxed myself and will scratch the bezel in no time.
Best regards,
John

Jcalder68
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Jcalder68 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:59 pm

Some good advice in the general robustness of the existing case/crystal/bezel. Thanks, guys.

Does anyone know if there is a definite release date yet?

C

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 27
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:16 am

Jcalder68 wrote:Some good advice in the general robustness of the existing case/crystal/bezel. Thanks, guys.

Does anyone know if there is a definite release date yet?

C
They're available now

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C3 Chrono |C4 | C5A MkI | C5 BOB LE | C6 x3 | C7 MkII Harrier | C7 Chrono
C8 MkI | C8 Reg'tor MkII LE | C8 Flyer Auto&PR | C9 2011 FLE | C9 Me109 SPC | C10 | C11 MakExt
C60 x4 | C60 Chrono 300&P'type |C65 Diver Khaki & P'type | C600 | W7 BBMF

TP Fit

Post by TP Fit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:45 am

I would like to kindly ask if you could take as many photos of watches that strike you...and let us know of any news we may not have heard of.

Ted from USA...in hopes of more Americans buy and appreciate CW!

Bident
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Bident » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 am

Mikkei4 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:34 pm
I have a Showroom appointment booked for Tuesday morning to view these lovely watches, other recent releases and to pick up a bracelet order.
As discussed in the "logo poll" I need to see these lovely watches in the flesh and on my wrist to determine if they can overcome my present general dislike for the new logo location.

Anything in particular anybody want me to ask or look at for your info of C65 or other watches? I'll try to include it in my time there but remember some of the C60 MkIII info will probably still be withheld.
I have hinted at this in a different thread, but I would love to see the decorated movement of the C65 Trident Diver in the photos CW shows for the individual watch. I love that they took the time to decorate it, and they even say it is something few people will ever see. So why not include a picture of it in their marketing photos so we can all appreciate it? Perhaps there is a good reason, but if not, I stand by my request. Thank you very much!
Best regards,
John

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by TigerChris » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Bident wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 am
Mikkei4 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:34 pm

I have hinted at this in a different thread, but I would love to see the decorated movement of the C65 Trident Diver in the photos CW shows for the individual watch. I love that they took the time to decorate it, and they even say it is something few people will ever see. So why not include a picture of it in their marketing photos so we can all appreciate it? Perhaps there is a good reason, but if not, I stand by my request. Thank you very much!
Fair question that. I'll still never get my head around why a movement housed behind a solid case back needs to be decorated anyway, but for those who like to see it a picture in the marketing pics wouldn't go a miss.

nauf
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 6

Post by nauf » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Received my C65 Trident Automatic this morning. All I can say is that this new version in C65 family shows major updates to its manual winding sibling. The case feels slightly thinner than the GMT. Smooth rotating bezel clicks, clean dial, is perfectly brushed and polished combo. I had C65 manual before returned it for full refund. But this one, I will definitely keep it.
Niz