32%

Total votes: 141

hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Logo at 9 o'clock poll

Post by hughesyn »

Now that we know the twin flags at 12 will be a feature on Mk3 Trident, I was wondering how everyone feels about logo placement.
Also prompted by the 12 o'clock location of the logo on the C8 M2.04.

Ignoring the font and spelling out the whole name, I'm only asking about the location.

This is not supposed to start a logo rant session.
CW think people love 9 o'clock (based on my conversation with MF), I just wondered if the forum members go along with that.

Personally I am moving very slowly from Hate to Will buy despite.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Logo at 9 o'clock poll

Post by what-time-is-it »

I have more of a problem with the flag thingy, especially when 'Christopher Ward' is omitted from the dial and it just has the flag as on the Motorsport models. I don't mind the flag on the crown, but not convinced 'Christopher Ward' & Flag logo are really necessary other than filling in a space on the dial.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by hughesyn »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:46 pm I have more of a problem with the flag thingy, especially when 'Christopher Ward' is omitted from the dial and it just has the flag as on the Motorsport models. I don't mind the flag on the crown, but not convinced 'Christopher Ward' & Flag logo are really necessary other than filling in a space on the dial.
I thought the same until I saw the C7 Chronograph Automatic in the metal and bought one. Now I love it.
20190125_091424.jpg
One thing you can say about CW, they aren't afraid to try new things.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

hughesyn wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:50 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:46 pm I have more of a problem with the flag thingy, especially when 'Christopher Ward' is omitted from the dial and it just has the flag as on the Motorsport models. I don't mind the flag on the crown, but not convinced 'Christopher Ward' & Flag logo are really necessary other than filling in a space on the dial.
I thought the same until I saw the C7 Chronograph Automatic in the metal and bought one. Now I love it.
20190125_091424.jpg

One thing you can say about CW, they aren't afraid to try new things.
You gave in aswell did you? :D Some bit of kit aren’t they, I have mine on today :thumbup:

Edit: Forgot to say, I voted ambivalent as I couldn’t really care less now, but that’s only after purchasing a couple with 9 o’clock and flag. I wasn’t keen just by website pics alone, but seeing the actual watches made me not bothered.
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

I voted ambivalent as it is closest, but it does completely depend on the watch. I’m ambivalent about the placement on the C60 trident think the 9 o’clock placement looks great on the C65 vintage trident (the old one), but the old logo and 12 o’clock placement looks better on the jumping hour and the small seconds.
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by hughesyn »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:00 pm
You gave in aswell did you? :D Some bit of kit aren’t they, I have mine on today :thumbup:

Edit: Forgot to say, I voted ambivalent as I couldn’t really care less now, but that’s only after purchasing a couple with 9 o’clock and flag. I wasn’t keen just by website pics alone, but seeing the actual watches made me not bothered.
I felt the same, seeing the lefty-logo watches at the GTG changed my opinion towards not bothered.
Now I'm on the lookout for a few...
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Sorry, unless potential customers prefer the new branding, the change was ill advised. Ambivalent is a big missed opportunity.

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

I voted ambivalent.

Personally I quite like the new logo at 9.
But as long as I like the watch itself it wouldn't put me off wherever it was placed.

:thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
monkwearmouth
Senior
Senior

Post by monkwearmouth »

I don’t mind it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I've just voted with the "Hate 9o'clock - won't buy a lefty logo CW" as it's the closest to how I feel. A truer statement for me would be "Can't like 9o'clock so I can't buy any lefty logo CW"
I've posted my thoughts previously and recently but I'll repeat them here so they'll be together with other Forum members comments whether pro or con.

My eyes and brain like symmetry. Maybe it's a little bit of OCD or even totally OTT but if anything doesn't "look" symmetrical then I have problems liking it. The house I liked best of the houses that I've owned is a Victorian double-bayed detached - perfect symmetry. But I love my Moonwatch even though it's not totally symmetrical because the clever design of the shape of the lugs and crown guard give the impression of symmetry so my brain is fooled (it's not difficult to fool my brain :D )

So when I look at the CW watches with the name at 9 there is no symmetry according to my eyes and brain especially with a big empty space at 12 even if the flags are there as they are not "visible" because they are indented only. So when I say I'll never buy a lefty logo CW it's not because I dislike the logo (it's fine centre justified at 12) it's because I can't like the overall look at the watches because the dial lacks balance or symmetry or whatever you wish to call it.

I don't like saying the above because I like the design of the C65 and would buy at least 1 but for the logo at 9. It's likely I'll like the new C60 but for the logo at 9 but very doubtful I'll get past it to buy 1 - Sorry but as I've said previously "it's my loss".
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Not a problem @ 9.

Ideally should be positioned opposite the date window i.e. 9-3 or 12-6.
Tim
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by hughesyn »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:07 pm So when I look at the CW watches with the name at 9 there is no symmetry according to my eyes and brain especially with a big empty space at 12 even if the flags are there as they are not "visible" because they are indented only.
The prototype C60 Mk3 had a printed twin flags at 12 if I recall correctly.
Probably inspired by the CWE LE, they have decided to fill the empty space at 12 with a more prominent twin flag.

So it might not be so bad for you...
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

hughesyn wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:18 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:07 pm So when I look at the CW watches with the name at 9 there is no symmetry according to my eyes and brain especially with a big empty space at 12 even if the flags are there as they are not "visible" because they are indented only.
Probably inspired by the CWE LE, they have decided to fill the empty space at 12 with a more prominent twin flag.

So it might not be so bad for you...
I'll wait with an open mind and maybe book a Showroom visit once they've all been released to try them on in the flesh. My plan is not to spend any watch money until August anyway so I'm not in a rush.
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

I like the 9 o'clock position, love may be too strong of a word while ambivalent too weak. But not having "like" as an option, I voted for "love."
Best regards,
John
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

hughesyn wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:18 pm
I would hope that the actual release would be an applied twin flags, not printed?