Where's the blob? C65 Auto

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Where's the blob? C65 Auto

Post by StrappedUp » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:55 am

Somebody at CW caught wind of the link? Doesn't appear to work anymore.

Based on the marketing photo, that blue C65 auto is going to look fantastic. The polished markers will 'pop' stunningly through the box sapphire.

Tip my hat to CW. They're doing a brilliant job with the C65 and the quality of these new releases is getting me very excited for the upcoming C60 III :jg:
Ryan

Essex Paul
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Essex Paul » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:30 pm

Love it apart from the date window.
New logo I like. Very modern, certainly doesn't put me off of CW.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

Rice & Gravy
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Rice & Gravy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Was hoping for some non-vintage markers, but no such luck. There's a lot to like and I can see the appeal, but for me I'll be waiting until Trident Pro v3 in May.
Chr.Ward Trident Pro C60 GMT Black/Black 38mm
Omega SMP 2254.50
Sinn 856 UTC
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by TigerChris » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:27 pm

I honestly can’t put my finger on the reason why, but it just doesn’t pique my interest at all. Maybe when some real world pics are available I’ll think different. Or maybe it’s because I’m not particularly on the lookout for a diver style for my next purchase?

Essex Paul
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Essex Paul » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:46 pm

My perfect C65 Trident Diver?

Older C65 Trident Diver with the new automatic movement.

Still unsure of new one. Would need to see in the flesh. Older version still gets it for me.

:thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve

jkbarnes
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by jkbarnes » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:06 pm

Essex Paul wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:46 pm
I think this might be it for me. It checks just about all the boxes on what I’d like in a Diver watch.

Bident
Senior
Senior

Post by Bident » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm

jkbarnes wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:06 pm
Essex Paul wrote:
I think this might be it for me. It checks just about all the boxes on what I’d like in a Diver watch.

Question for those who have a C65 Vintage Diver in the blue - how blue is it, exactly? I’d really love a deep navy blue that at times almost looked black. The blue C65 Diver never struck me as that type of blue. However, in that video, it had that look at times.

Can some share their observations on how the blue looks out in the wild, as opposed to in photos?
The bezel of the C65 Trident Diver is a deep navy blue, but the dial is lighter in color which I think matches the old radium lume nicely. When I view the dial at an angle, the blue is darker, althought still not as dark as the bezel. In sunlight, the contrast between the dial and the darker bezel is more noticeable. I think the new C65 Trident Automatic is the same color scheme looking at the video, but I can't be sure. I really love the blue dial; I think most people do so my guess is you would be quite happy with it. Hope this helps.
Best regards,
John

Bident
Senior
Senior

Post by Bident » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:27 pm

StrappedUp wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:55 am
Somebody at CW caught wind of the link? Doesn't appear to work anymore.

Based on the marketing photo, that blue C65 auto is going to look fantastic. The polished markers will 'pop' stunningly through the box sapphire.

Tip my hat to CW. They're doing a brilliant job with the C65 and the quality of these new releases is getting me very excited for the upcoming C60 III :jg:
Sorry the link no longer works, perhaps CW are correcting the "too" and the inverted color date wheel. I just stumbled upon the video: after seeing the Instagram photo on this thread I did a Google search on C65 Trident Automatic and the Vimeo link popped up. I was pretty surprised, especially because the posting date was about two weeks ago. I did download it but it doesn't seem I can upload videos to this forum. If anyone knows how to do so, please let me know and I'll try to upload.
Best regards,
John

jkbarnes
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by jkbarnes » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:42 pm

Bident wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm
jkbarnes wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:06 pm
Essex Paul wrote:

Question for those who have a C65 Vintage Diver in the blue - how blue is it, exactly? I’d really love a deep navy blue that at times almost looked black. The blue C65 Diver never struck me as that type of blue. However, in that video, it had that look at times.

Can some share their observations on how the blue looks out in the wild, as opposed to in photos?
The bezel of the C65 Trident Diver is a deep navy blue, but the dial is lighter in color which I think matches the old radium lume nicely. When I view the dial at an angle, the blue is darker, althought still not as dark as the bezel. In sunlight, the contrast between the dial and the darker bezel is more noticeable. I think the new C65 Trident Automatic is the same color scheme looking at the video, but I can't be sure. I really love the blue dial; I think most people do so my guess is you would be quite happy with it. Hope this helps.
That’s great feedback, thanks. Sounds like I would definitely like the blue.

By the way, I edited out my question and moved it to a new thread so as not to hijack this one.