Hoping it’s not indicative

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Hoping it’s not indicative

Post by Mikkei4 »

For every "bad" story there has to be a good one.......It's just over 4 years since I bought my C60 600 Trident MkII, it's always been worn regularly in blocks of several days in rota with other watches I used to have. It's never been worn overnight but has always had sufficient reserve to keep time for the next morning. Since October 2018 it's been worn on only about 6 days ....BUT on those days it started running as soon as I picked it up to change the date/time. I've never had to wind it manually or even give it more than 1 gentle move to get it going and it keeps perfect time. It's never been back to CW for any work.

I've taken care of it but it's not been pampered and the face, glass, bezel and case still look like new. The black leather Bader strap needs changing only because of the condition of the underside and that the stay hole has expanded due to wear so it's a bit loose on my wrist now. It's due to be put onto a CW bracelet tomorrow but I'll hold onto the old strap for the Bader bits. Only my Moonwatch prevents it being worn more.
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Hi Mikkie4,

I am genuinely pleased for you that you clearly have got such a reliable, hard wearing and good quality CW watch for a realistic price.

I’ve paid the realistic price, I’m now just hoping that my replacement watch has got the other attributes to go with it which seems only fair to me, as they say.....’only time will tell’ 😉.....

Regards,

Tempus
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Tempus wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:17 pm Hi Mikkie4,

I am genuinely pleased for you that you clearly have got such a reliable, hard wearing and good quality CW watch for a realistic price.

I’ve paid the realistic price, I’m now just hoping that my replacement watch has got the other attributes to go with it which seems only fair to me, as they say.....’only time will tell’ 😉.....

Regards,

Tempus
Yes, I hope you get yours sorted satisfactorily and soon. I realise that somebody else's "great" watch story doesn't help you at all but hang on in there and let's hope it becomes all worthwhile.

Regards
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Hi Essex Paul,

I can truly empathise with your position of experiencing early failure of your new watch and anxiety to commit to a second CW, no matter how good it looks, if the first one is not replaced/repaired and returned to you in a very timely manner.

As I mentioned before, it’s not just about the cost of the watch. When you buy a watch you are ‘investing’ your trust as well as your money into that brand to provide you with a quality product that if sadly it happens to go wrong, also provides you with a fast quality service to replace it or put it right.

I hope your problem gets sorted out to your satisfaction PDQ, try calling Customer Services and asking for Katie if things are taking too long for your liking.

Regards,

Tempus
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Tempus wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:09 pm Hi Essex Paul,

I can truly empathise with your position of experiencing early failure of your new watch and anxiety to commit to a second CW, no matter how good it looks, if the first one is not replaced/repaired and returned to you in a very timely manner.

As I mentioned before, it’s not just about the cost of the watch. When you buy a watch you are ‘investing’ your trust as well as your money into that brand to provide you with a quality product that if sadly it happens to go wrong, also provides you with a fast quality service to replace it or put it right.

I hope your problem gets sorted out to your satisfaction PDQ, try calling Customer Services and asking for Katie if things are taking too long for your liking.

Regards,

Tempus

Thanks Tempus. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue