New Arrival Incoming!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

New Arrival Incoming!

Post by Jcalder68 »

My first thread start, please treat me gently!

Thanks to a rather sick puppy the other evening I was forced into a night of very little sleep. To occupy myself I took to window shopping on-line and noticed that the CW site’s “Clearance” section had been restocked. Oh, happy days! One model jumped out; the exact model that, by pure chance, had caught my eye earlier that evening in a random YouTube review and unboxing.

Now, I’ve never taken an interest in this particular model before, but it’s amazing how a 50% price cut can make a chap swap from total ignorance to “must have it” in the twinkling of an eye! Within 5mins the payment had been sent and order confirmation email received...

The only blot on the landscape seem to be CW’s courier of choice, DPD. My new toy was meant to be delivered today, but it has been mysteriously misplaced, and delivery has been delayed until tomorrow.

Fingers, and other bodily extremities, firmly crossed for my new arrival being delivered tomorrow. Pictures will, of course, be posted once it is in hand/on wrist.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: New Arrival Incoming!

Post by Kip »

Okay.. I will be gentle. (I won't mention that I corrected the topic title misspelling).

I really hope the puppy is okay now.

Looking forward to seeing what model you chose.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

Well, I will admit that “puppy” is probably misleading. He’s fifteen, mostly blind and pretty much deaf.

It turns out though that while his sense of smell is just fine, his digestive system seems to have reacted badly to the small, fury and very dead thing he managed to sniff out on his evening walk!

I do hope to thank him for giving me the chance to bag a gem, assuming it arrives at some point.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I understand now. My oldest is pushing 16 and amazes us every day. Still, I do hope he recovers quickly.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

But, alas, a happy delivery unboxing is now not to be.
It seems as if CW’s courier of choice, DPD have officially “lost” my lovely new watch.
That’s now four deliveries in a row to me that DPD have managed to mess up in one way or another!
I guess I’ll have to wait until they re-discover it, or claim back?
Gutted!

C
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Jcalder68 wrote:But, alas, a happy delivery unboxing is now not to be.
It seems as if CW’s courier of choice, DPD have officially “lost” my lovely new watch.
That’s now four deliveries in a row to me that DPD have managed to mess up in one way or another!
I guess I’ll have to wait until they re-discover it, or claim back?
Gutted!

C
You must be incredibly unlucky.

I've had quite a few deliveries from DPD over the years, CW and other senders, and they have been 100% reliable.

No comfort to you I know but DPD gets a 5 star rating from me.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Wow that’s disappointing for certain! Do hope they locate it on Monday
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

Couriers are generally the weak link in the supply chain regardless of country or company. I hope your watch arrives very soon.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

Latest update - still no sign.
I need to wait until the end of the week, then they will officially log it.
Fingers crossed for a re-find and delivery
C
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Sorry to hear this :(
I hope it gets resolved quickly.
Also hope your doggie gets better soon.